Bike Gear and Accessory Shops Reviews

H1w4yR1da

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need some riding gear. Liked the fact you started this thread - posted a link. But here's my personal opinion on the Paddock.

Their website sucks!

First - hard to figure out how to get into the site (hint: scroll to bottom of their "deals" splash page).

Second - there's no SIZE and COLOR information available anywhere I can find. How can you sell riding gear without sizing information?

Third - in order to view my shopping cart (in case there's sizing / color options available after selecting a product) I have to log in, create an account. Give them my info - name, address, probably my credit card info. <deleted> That!.

Crap internet store!

Yeah I wouldn't recommend ordering through their site. I take it you're not in Bangkok?

My review of the Paddock.

Their prices are all over the place. Some are way overpriced, some not bad but still expensive but also some deals to be had in their Xmas sale.

Their customer service has undergone a radical change from the days of two old grumpy Chinese women and their snap-happy lapdog. The staff appear a lot more friendly and helpful now. Some decent items but also a lot of Chinese knock offs for those on a budget. Too much gear in black for my liking. The A*'s stuff is worth a look.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

I need some riding gear. Liked the fact you started this thread - posted a link. But here's my personal opinion on the Paddock.

Their website sucks!

First - hard to figure out how to get into the site (hint: scroll to bottom of their "deals" splash page).

Second - there's no SIZE and COLOR information available anywhere I can find. How can you sell riding gear without sizing information?

Third - in order to view my shopping cart (in case there's sizing / color options available after selecting a product) I have to log in, create an account. Give them my info - name, address, probably my credit card info. <deleted> That!.

Crap internet store!

They are a B&M store with a website and not a ecommerce store. Just call and order by phone if you are not located in bkk.

Good idea by OP H1xxxxx.

Maybe we can add which neighboring Countries are good buying bike gear in?

I heard Singapore is cheap and have a good selection?

As we all know, risky business to buy via Ebay from the US or EU, you don't know if you pay import tax or not and not least important, will you new gear fit?

I have made a google maps with some bike shops in Bangkok.

It's still on the works and i keep adding as I find them.

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zBGX9DhPzLPA.kgi7PFeJZEA8

if anyone wants to add anything to this map, just let me know and I will add you.

Isn't there already a sticky called the Motorbike Directory Project?

• Like 1

Yeah I wouldn't recommend ordering through their site. I take it you're not in Bangkok?My review of the Paddock.Their prices are all over the place. Some are way overpriced, some not bad but still expensive but also some deals to be had in their Xmas sale.Their customer service has undergone a radical change from the days of two old grumpy Chinese women and their snap-happy lapdog. The staff appear a lot more friendly and helpful now. Some decent items but also a lot of Chinese knock offs for those on a budget. Too much gear in black for my liking. The A*'s stuff is worth a look.

Funny you should mention too much black, I was out yesterday, coming towards me was I think a Versys the bike was all black, the rider was wearing all black gear, in fact it was a man in black, surely this is not a safe way to be looking and riding, what happened to the saying wear something bright!!

Must be ok you saw him

Hmmm.. I don't need another jacket, but I've always liked the RS Taichi RS825 (GMX Motion) jacket- it's in their sales circular, but the price hadn't been reduced, though.

Can anyone who went to the bike festival at Central World last year comment on the gear prices and selection? Were the prices in line with the current Paddock deals? Did the have high-end stuff on display like Dainese and A*? I'm planning on going in February, but I've haven't been to it before.

Hard to miss a big black blob coming towards you with extremely bright LED spot lights, he looked like the dark knight!
Do you have any reviews of bike shops or are you merely here to troll with 2 negative posts? Stay on thread! Edited by H1w4yR1da

if anyone wants to add anything to this map, just let me know and I will add you.

Isn't there already a sticky called the Motorbike Directory Project?

Yes, Thanks for the link. Funny how I always take sticky posts for granted.

Anyways, I added about 16 new shops to that map, and updated 1 location.

I am adding panda rider. Friendly and knowledge staff, fair prices and they don't carry any copies. Bought at the shop as well by shipping via ems and was happy all the time. You can register for a membership and will get 10%.

Hmmm.. I don't need another jacket, but I've always liked the RS Taichi RS825 (GMX Motion) jacket- it's in their sales circular, but the price hadn't been reduced, though.

Can anyone who went to the bike festival at Central World last year comment on the gear prices and selection? Were the prices in line with the current Paddock deals? Did the have high-end stuff on display like Dainese and A*? I'm planning on going in February, but I've haven't been to it before.

there are good deals at bike fest at central and good discounts as well.

Dirt Shop, Onnut near Soi 76

I don't understand why I keep going to DS as I've never bought anything there. Guess I'm hoping they'll finally up their game similar to what Paddock have done. And with Panda rider offering more sensible pricing, DS has become insignificant.

Unhelpful staff and poor selection with either overpriced high-end Rizoma or overpriced Chinese knock-offs. Not recommended.

Anyone out there been to Red Baron recently?

Edited by H1w4yR1da

I can add dr bike ( http://www.dr-bikebangkok.com/store/) It doesnt have many items but I think its not that bad. I m thinking to change my brake pads and tires there. I bought my jacket there, and even it wasnt expensive, I tried it in hot days at lunch time and it was really fine. Its chokchai 4 road. Another one I can add is the Ninja shop, its small shop but had colourful selection. I bought my helmet from them during the last year central world expo. ( https://th-th.facebook.com/NinjaShopThailand)

And for Red Baron... I m thinking to go there these days since I was invited by the owner but always find reason to avoid the Ramkamheng road traffic or the one I think there is behind the Mall Bankapi. THere is another shop not far from 59 bike too but I cant name it if someone else can , but I think only for accessories.

• Like 1

I believe the 320 Shop has moved to the other side of the river. I've bought a few things from them at their old store. Helpful staff and it seemed like they a good selection of products.

13.727125 100.493914 according to their web site.

• Like 1

K-Speed, Rama II, Soi 62.

K-Speed has a fair selection of small items like stickers, tax disc holders and also a lot of Taiwanese knock-offs but bedsides the obligatory Rizoma, like Dirt Shop, there's nothing much of substance. Very helpful staff though.

lets dont forget RSV Racing Bangkok.

They sell many aftermarket parts besides, they do any type of conversion such as fork, disc brakes etc.

Now that's interesting, do they only sell parts for very big bikes or have they also parts for the Forza and CB500?

lets dont forget RSV Racing Bangkok.

They sell many aftermarket parts besides, they do any type of conversion such as fork, disc brakes etc.

Now that's interesting, do they only sell parts for very big bikes or have they also parts for the Forza and CB500?

yes, they sell many parts for 500 series. Also they sell Moth racing products.

From my limited experience...

I think Paddock are a waste of time, pushy staff and they over priced me on some items... I will not return there unless I need to.

Panda Riders are much more professional and friendly, nice environment and well priced

Mr S

From my limited experience...

I think Paddock are a waste of time, pushy staff and they over priced me on some items... I will not return there unless I need to.

Panda Riders are much more professional and friendly, nice environment and well priced

Mr S

You don't even own or drive a bike no wonder anywhere that is a bike shop would be a waste of time. Out trolling around again Mr Smith?

i ordered quite a lot of stuff from dirt shop on nut,always communicated by email and got quick replies ,i used to send em pics of what i wanted and always super quick delivery sometimes within 24 hours to southern thailand ,i was always happy with them.

same for tyres can't beat charlie at pirrelli bkk agin good email replies will tel you all tyres they have in stock for your bike and again quick delivery times,you lot don't know how lucky or easy you have it living in bkk

i ordered quite a lot of stuff from dirt shop on nut,always communicated by email and got quick replies ,i used to send em pics of what i wanted and always super quick delivery sometimes within 24 hours to southern thailand ,i was always happy with them.

same for tyres can't beat charlie at pirrelli bkk agin good email replies will tel you all tyres they have in stock for your bike and again quick delivery times,you lot don't know how lucky or easy you have it living in bkk