weak thai baht please, NO WEAKER

Please explain to me how a "weak baht" is "good" for thai people??

13 years ago today the thai people have seen rising costs due to inflation (the thai govt prints baht to buy the foreign reserve inflows), THE WAGES ARE NOT KEEPING UP

is a thai national better off today?

now every body will cry exports

exports for inflation, the ONLY reason you want to export is to pay for goods that others can more efficiently make overseas...

but who has those foreign reserves to spend on those goods??? not the thai rice farmer, foreign reserves are held by the govt who printed baht to buy up the foreing reserves. IT IS SPENT buying US arms for the gov, and what ever else the government wants to TAKE off the law abiding world.

the thai nationals will forever see rising petrol, food and a growing government

why??? because 1 in 10,000 really really get it, and people are so arrogant to question the lies that are constantly repeated by people who parrot and dont think.

when you watch tv do you think about the mechanics to reproduce an image, using a wave medium?

people dont think they parrot, we are habitual creatures, we were never taught to think we were only taught to copy the words black board

• Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thinking the "rice farmer" doesn't give a stuff about the exchange rate.

He mostly works and lives his life without buying imported goods.

Diesel price is fixed by the government, same price today as 5 years ago.

But his land is worth 20x more than 13 years ago, so that might be good for him.

If he is worse off, but it isn't the exchange rate that did it.

the exchange rate has nothing to do with the thai farmer at first, the exchange rate is a tool used by the central bank to whore in foreign reserves from tourists.

the weaker your currency the more inflows a country will see, thats why countries will compete for a lower exchange rate

did you ever wonder why the 1000b bills are so new looking????

did you also ever wonder why thai people have trouble changing 1000b bills???????

I bet u ... there are now more 1000b bills than 100b bills!!!!

the thai farmer wont not care about this untill ten years later when he puts on his red shirt and wondered where all that hard work went

diesel is not fixed by the govt at all, other people are fored to pay for the farmers deisel, thus the price of product else where in the market GO UP!! PLUS THE TRANSFER COST!!

I feel so angry at people ... srry

Edited by williamta20012

The weakening baht is a direct response to reduced foreign earning or the expectation of reduced earnings due to falling tourist revenue. 300,000 Russian cancelled holidays alone hurts..the demonstrations hurt..serious violence would be disastrous.. Tourism and foreign revenue would plummet.. 50baht to the dollar very possible..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

this is a global disease mum hits children, children hit children

businesses use govt to secure monopolies, small business shrinks govt grows

govt promises the people free things destroying business causing inflation, things go wrong people demand more govt solutions, so it gets worse

these are destructive self feeding loops we are caught in

it has nothing yo do with thailand

the farang is just as immoral as the thai next to him, its in out upbringing

people say we need the police and we need the socialized roads

the police wont be there when a burgler is in your face, they just clean up the mess, if even that

te roads???? theyve always been there, they always will a free markeg wouldnt even need them if you could think that far ahead

Sorry buts it's dog eats dog, one mans misfortune is another mans fortune! I'm moving to Thailand as soon as the house sells, if the baht continues in this trend it means more money in my families pocket, more spending power, more money in the pocket of a Thai.

Basically it's all about luck and timing, up and down.Take advantage if it falls, if you can..I am looking for 57...This isn't a moral issue it's just a period in time of a fluctuating economic cycle..which will for a short time favor the west ( it would seem),

sry its about production, highs and lows represent the rarity of commodity. a commodity that is plentiful will have a low price and a rare commodity will be expensive.

the highs and lows you are referring to today represent the tsunami of fiat money rushing around the world into computer reciepts for a physical commodity. basically the market today reacts violently to the central bank and the speacial bank who can borrow drectly from the cental banks printing/lending the money.

there is another element to this that adds a very dangerous mechanism to the game, its related to interest rates.

you are right, you can make money using these highs and lows.

but there is a really evil problem growing, you can see the progressive stages of this in backwards countries all over the world.

People need to be preparing and educating their children because each generation will have an extremely harder time to live the same quality of life like the previous generation.

usually a person in a high position will pull the plug accidently cause a massive spike in interest rates exposing the game any way... but people will still blame the jews or something

Basically it's all about luck and timing, up and down.Take advantage if it falls, if you can..I am looking for 57...This isn't a moral issue it's just a period in time of a fluctuating economic cycle..which will for a short time favor the west ( it would seem),

sry its about production, highs and lows represent the rarity of commodity. a commodity that is plentiful will have a low price and a rare commodity will be expensive.

the highs and lows you are referring to today represent the tsunami of fiat money rushing around the world into computer reciepts for a physical commodity. basically the market today reacts violently to the central bank and the speacial bank who can borrow drectly from the cental banks printing/lending the money.

there is another element to this that adds a very dangerous mechanism to the game, its related to interest rates.

but there is a really evil problem growing, you can see the progressive stages of this in backwards countries all over the world.

People need to be preparing and educating their children because each generation will have an extremely harder time to live the same quality of life like the previous generation.

usually a person in a high position will pull the plug accidently cause a massive spike in interest rates exposing the game any way... but people will still blame the jews or something

I was looking at it purely from a foreigner wanting to import currency from abroad..

I was referring to the highs and lows of the currency range..

But all this qe, too big to fail, failure to remedy the flaws in the banking system, elected governments pandering to the financial markets and therefore corporations..it all seems about favoring the rich and not the general population. Even though the economies of the west are improving most still do not see any benefit..all seems a false dawn to me..

I was looking at it purely from a foreigner wanting to import currency from abroad..

I was referring to the highs and lows of the currency range..

But all this qe, too big to fail, failure to remedy the flaws in the banking system, elected governments pandering to the financial markets and therefore corporations..it all seems about favoring the rich and not the general population. Even though the economies of the west are improving most still do not see any benefit..all seems a false dawn to me..

I alway look at my wage and am just shocked that in 30years time I cant save enough for retirement after I minus all the living costs and minius the compounded inflation.

but they still want to say the US is improving?? I hate to listen to all the expert voices, the good people and the bad people.

all u need to do is look in your own wallet.

I was lucky enough to catch the last breath of prosperity from 2000 to 2007.

I could save a pretty big sum of cash.

but because of that inflatio it couldnt never buy a house or a business, i grabbed the opportunity to multiply my money by participating in the thai devaluation.

I really dont think that the thai window will be open for much longer, I often wonder how it will end... im going to try and find similar situations in history.

• Like 1

The weaker the Thai Baht, the more Foreign Tourists will come here and spend money to keep Thai Nationals Employed.

And in another similiar thread, there is a guy who thinks people like me & you are selfish coz we are hoping for the baht to sink. As the guy mentioned, we are only thinking of ourselves.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

The weaker the Thai Baht, the more Foreign Tourists will come here and spend money to keep Thai Nationals Employed.

And in another similiar thread, there is a guy who thinks people like me & you are selfish coz we are hoping for the baht to sink. As the guy mentioned, we are only thinking of ourselves.

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

nobody is putting a gun to the thai national's heads and saying dont buy gold, thais who held in money in gold have been prtected in th last 13 years

the guy who thinks we are selfish doesnt understand that it is the failure of our parents educating their children and them selves about why they are fat, why the dad has cancer why prices are going up across the board but wages are stagnant...

the govt, the central banks and the specualtors are the mechanism to destroy the production and the freedom of a country

but its everybodys fault for sleeping in the took took all day instead I taking 5min to figure it all out

instead they will lash out at the jews, the capitalists, the speculators the rain gods when the mob starts to rumbles

• Like 1

Fact: Thailand imports more than it exports, almost every year.

Fact: A weaker Baht means higher inflation.

Myth: Inflation only impacts the rich, here's a list of the top one thousand items that Thailand imports, many of which form part of the daily life of rice farmers: http://countries.bridgat.com/Top_Products_Imported_by_Thailand.html

If you don't think inflation is coming, you don't think.

I alway look at my wage and am just shocked that in 30years time I cant save enough for retirement after I minus all the living costs and minius the compounded inflation.

but they still want to say the US is improving?? I hate to listen to all the expert voices, the good people and the bad people.

all u need to do is look in your own wallet.

I was lucky enough to catch the last breath of prosperity from 2000 to 2007.

I could save a pretty big sum of cash.

but because of that inflatio it couldnt never buy a house or a business, i grabbed the opportunity to multiply my money by participating in the thai devaluation.

I really dont think that the thai window will be open for much longer, I often wonder how it will end... im going to try and find similar situations in history.

i grabbed the opportunity to multiply my money by participating in the thai devaluation.

very interesting! please tell us more about the "Thai devaluation". where did you find it and how come none of us realised any "devaluation"? we are also interested to find the "window" before it closes.

whistling.gif

Fact: Thailand imports more than it exports, almost every year.

Fact: A weaker Baht means higher inflation.

Myth: Inflation only impacts the rich, here's a list of the top one thousand items that Thailand imports, many of which form part of the daily life of rice farmers: http://countries.bridgat.com/Top_Products_Imported_by_Thailand.html

If you don't think inflation is coming, you don't think.

are you still expecting 35 to the pound?

are you still expecting 35 to the pound?

No and I never was, only someone who was still thinking in terms of discussions and projections held in 2007 might imagine so, it's now almost 2014!

Edited by chiang mai

Inflation has been on a tear in Thailand these last 3 or 4 years with an extremely strong baht.

5 years ago, 3 large chang classic with a bucket of ice was 129bht.

Today it's 139bht ........ not much inflation there.

Diesel 30bht, same now.

Gas cylinder 300bht, 320bht last week.

I'm not seeing this inflation, where are you guys shopping?

This isn't your country and never will be, why would you care anyway.

Come the revolution (very soon now) they will throw you out without a second thought.

And the girl you sleep with, all she cares about is the money you give her.

FiftyTwo, obviously you had a bad experience which most likely was due to your own doing!

Take your hatred somewhere else and if you not like it here, go back to wherever you came from!

He is a pragmatist, somewhat cynical.

It's not about hatred..strong word.

Usual mantra of go back etc..

Those who usually says that stuff are usually the ones who have nothing good to say about their home countries..slightly hypocritical..

• Like 2

5 years ago, 3 large chang classic with a bucket of ice was 129bht.

Today it's 139bht ........ not much inflation there.

Diesel 30bht, same now.

Gas cylinder 300bht, 320bht last week.

I'm not seeing this inflation, where are you guys shopping?

Diesel and (I believe) domestic gas are subsidized by the government hence not very good examples.

Come the revolution (very soon now) they will throw you out without a second thought.

Judging by the confused and poor English in the post (seems to have been translated into English by "Bing"), "Williamta" could well be a Thai.

• Like 1

I don't understand how people are better off.The baht loses value so imports cost more, and that includes the raw materials or parts for manufacturing. Look around and everything seems to cost more in the stores. Even the street sellers surprised me with smaller portions, less meat or fish or lower quality in the dish.

The Thais get a raise in the minimum wage but things begin to cost more to pay for it. Go to the market and buy a week's worth of groceries and ask yourself it they cost more.

Maybe I am dreaming, but I think prices are rising as fast as the baht is falling. Maybe someone who already has everything he needs such as a condo and car or scooter and furnishings, etc. will see some temporary relief until he needs to replace it.

Yes, I can buy more baht with dollars, but will those baht buy more in the long term when they are worth less?

Just asking...

Edited by NeverSure
  • Like 1

And the other countries will throw out the Thai people and they will have to come home,, all the foreign companies will leave Thailand and invest somewhere else (not even the biggest supermarkets are Thai owned), and then,,,, well Thailand is finished, bankrupt, back in the dark ages and all of the Thai people will see nothing but poverty with little hope.. Great plan Einstein.

It's a global market now, always will be, it will never change, ever... So get with the 21st century and stop talking liking a bigoted dinosaur.