Metal place Checker plate stainless stel or similar

Nakonamath

Hi,

i have a Van, where i want to put a Metal plate in the truck, to cover the carpets, so they dont get ruined when we transport goods.

anyone know a place/price or even website, for a company in pattaya or chonburi area, selling this plates 8x4 ft

what i need is 1.5mm checker plate stainless steel, or chrome, i want it to be shiney, not just a black metal plate, as it will rust.

MBRP-Smoker-T-Pipe-Checker-Plate-Cover-l

Just a couple of things:

1/ Stainless steel checkerplate is heavier than steel checkerplate, when you can get it! I am thinking not in Pattaya though.
2/ The back of the pick-up in the pix, I am pretty sure it's aluminium checkerplate.

3/ You can get steel checkerplate. If you Travelling North on Sukhumvit Rd, Jomtien East....after you pass the Post Office about 80M on your left is a steel supply. They had it last week but i didn't need it so I didn't look to see how thick it was. You can get it powder coated or zinc plated.

4/ If you definitely go aluminium....and you find a supplier. Please let me know. All the alloy places in Pattaya I found are shop window places with nothing I want!

There's a small place on Sukhumvit that does alloys by Baan Suan/ Bang Sai chonburi city that may have it.

All places are closed Sunday.

We lived in Baan Suan before, this place you mention, can you be more specific what it is near ? there are alooot of metal shops, but i havent been able to find the right thing.

can the aluminium be shiney as in the picture ?

My worry is aswell the steel is too heavy.

Jack

There's a small place on Sukhumvit that does alloys by Baan Suan/ Bang Sai chonburi city that may have it.

We lived in Baan Suan before, this place you mention, can you be more specific what it is near ? there are alooot of metal shops, but i havent been able to find the right thing.

Jack

A Farang in Baan Suan w00t.gif

Opposite the army base on sukhumvit there is a girly bar open at night by a U-turn before the Bang Sai traffic lights. I think it's almost next to that.

Don't know if they do checker plate but as said they do alloys not mild steel.. Small business.

Aluminium can be as shiney as the constant elbow grease you put into it.

Jack

A Farang in Baan Suan w00t.gif

Opposite the army base on sukhumvit there is a girly bar open at night by a U-turn before the Bang Sai traffic lights. I think it's almost next to that.

Don't know if they do checker plate but as said they do alloys not mild steel.. Small business.

Aluminium can be as shiney as the constant elbow grease you put into it.

cool thanks i try,

baan suan was not my favorit home :-] but cheap

I found the aluminium 8x4ft through a friend in boat building business in Pattaya, 1780 baht shiney Aluminium, he have the equipment to "tool" it into size and everything.

Thanks everyone for the help

Marry christmas

jack

Hi there, I would be pleased if you could share with me his business name and address. PM me if you would.

I found the aluminium 8x4ft through a friend in boat building business in Pattaya, 1780 baht shiney Aluminium, he have the equipment to "tool" it into size and everything.

Thanks everyone for the help

Marry christmas

jack

Hi there, I would be pleased if you could share with me his business name and address. PM me if you would.

i will surely

he is the builder of this

http://www.bahtsold.com/view/kiosk-new-make-money-girls-ching-ching-140061?doqs=1

You can see his contact information

his name is John, good British guy, very trustworthy !

Jack

It's called "diamond plate" in the US.

Yes i think there are several names for this + there are several patterns single line, 2 lines, 4 lines.

Im not sure what i get though, hehe

but on the 26ths i will go to his workshop

i will post the pictures when its done

Jack

Yes i think there are several names for this + there are several patterns single line, 2 lines, 4 lines.

Jack

Thanks for that. wink.png

• 5 weeks later...

Jack

Thanks for that. wink.png

Would you mind posting just what aluminium he has available if you get hold of him please..? I've a couple of ideas that could use some ally - if i could find some..!

cheers

Dod

Went there on Friday, they sell both Stainless and Aluminium tread plate.

Where Baan Suan becomes Bang Sai roughly on Sukhumvit road. 3 shophouses knocked into one. Got stainless written on the side of the building in Thai. Almost opposite (50metres) the smaller PTT station the last PTT station before the city proper. Directly opposite where the army do the horse riding lessons.

Stainless 8'x4' 2mm 4680

Aluminium 8'x4' 2mm 2350.

I sure the bosses said it started at 3.5mm thick. The assistants checked the price and wrote down the prices and 2mm.

Got a card somewhere the wife has left it in the car. Will put it up soon.

Edited by arthurwait
  • Like 1

Just a couple of things:

1/ Stainless steel checkerplate is heavier than steel checkerplate, when you can get it! I am thinking not in Pattaya though.

4/ If you definitely go aluminium....and you find a supplier. Please let me know. All the alloy places in Pattaya I found are shop window places with nothing I want!

Stainless checkerplate and steel checkerplate both weight 8.7kg/m2 x mm/thickness.

I can't help for Pattaya but Thyssenkrupp Thailand sell all 3 flavours of checkerplate (steel, stainless steel and alloy). they deliver to Laem Chabang so possibly you can buy from them "locally".

http://www.thyssenkruppmaterials.co.th/

EDIT:..... ahhh missed Autherwait's post. handy to know (for me) of a local supplier for those "emergency" jobs that come through the workshop occasionally.

Edited by Spoonman

Just a couple of things:

Stainless checkerplate and steel checkerplate both weight 8.7kg/m2 x mm/thickness.

I can't help for Pattaya but Thyssenkrupp Thailand sell all 3 flavours of checkerplate (steel, stainless steel and alloy). they deliver to Laem Chabang so possibly you can buy from them "locally".

http://www.thyssenkruppmaterials.co.th/

EDIT:..... ahhh missed Autherwait's post. handy to know (for me) of a local supplier for those "emergency" jobs that come through the workshop occasionally.

We choose Alu, due to the weight, it came out nice !

post-153746-0-08132600-1390745653_thumb.

post-153746-0-34702800-1390745654_thumb.

• Like 1