Coolest car/cars you ever owned in your 20's?

jkinbkk

And the 1967 Spyder ... like the Mustang in the post above ... a shape which is still attractive today.

800px-1967-Alfa-Romeo-Duetto-Red-Front-A

All variants of the same model by a year or two.

Always really liked that car but got very close to buying the Jaguar XJ-S.

280px-Jaguar_XJS_3%2C6.JPG

Indeed, also a classic look.

But you know their nick-name (well amongst us disrespectful Aussies anyway) ... all Jags are 'Time-Share' cars as you you time-share all Jags with your Mechanic.

As a suitable pun (maybe) Jags ... like a lovely Thai lady, beautiful lines, great performance, go like stink when pushed ... unfortunately, not that reliable ... whistling.gif

Oops forgot to say what it was, didn't I? facepalm.gif

BMW Z1

8012 cars produced; all hand-built

Bought when I was 29. Still got it. Same colour scheme.

1989_bmw_z1_13_m.jpg

Where do you put the golf clubs....

And where is the back seat for the driveins.

Edited by harrry

• 2 weeks later...

I have been lucky enough to have a few cool cars. #1 was a 1968 Pontiac GTO brand spanking new out of the dealer when I was 18. Then the following were all used vehicles starting with a 1965 Buick Riviera. Then, a 1964 Chevy Chevelle SS. On to , a 1967 Pontiac Tempest. Finally, that explosive gas can on wheels, a 1974 Ford Pinto, named by Forbes Magazine to be one of the "Worst cars of All Time" WooHoo! biggrin.png

I was always fortunate back then. I didn't own any of the"cool" cars. I only owned VWs and mini trucks.

But, I had ready access to friends' and relatives' cool cars, such a '57 T-Bird, '63 split window Vette, a Chevelle SS 396, a GTX, a Road Runner, a Datsun 2000, an MGB-GT and, one of my favorites, a Morgan. I was able to enjoy the fun, without the maintenance!

I started very modestly with a Mini (not even a Cooper), but after a accident, it shrunk to roughly 1m x 1m x 1m

Next was a Fiat 128, great car, loved it and drove all around Europe.

Then a SAAB 99. Pro: evelasting - Con: everlasting

and then a short intermezzo with a Ford Granada 2.8 iLS (Sold after 9 month, you know ... FORD = Fixed Or Repaired Daily)

Finally a VW Golf GTi and that concludes my 20ies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Merkur Xr4ti. It was very fast and the Roccoco(?) leather seats were the most comfortable seats I have ever sat in (in a car)... beat Mercedes seats for comfort. I wanted to take them out and put them in my next car but mechanic convinced me it would cost too much to do it. Broke my heart to sell itwhen the engine went at about 160,000 miles. I ended up selling it for parts after it was no longer made and made quite a bit..