NEED HELP! Homless today (in Bangkok), want to go to Ban-in Jai shelter

awilson11

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's depressingly predictable that the "Farang Buddhists" are up in arms here,people that just convert to Buddhism to curry favour and increase their standing within the local Thai community!bah.gif

They have no sympathy whatsoever and that is exactly why these frauds are NOTHING to do with Buddhism in any way,shape or form.No wonder the Thais refuse them entry to the big,important festivals as they can see right through these snake-oil salesmen,as clearly as looking out of the kitchen window!
If anything they're even worse than the average Farang,with their over developed and oversensitive sense of importance and entitlement,loathe doesn't even come close to how I feel about these shady,great-pretender types!

• Like 2

Why hasn't anyone here offered to take this man into their home in his time of need during this holiday season? I am out of the country otherwise I would love to have him over for Christmas dinner and give him a warm bed to sleep in until he figures out his life and the next move.

If it was just for the holiday season fair enough but we all know it won't be,you'll end up having to throw the guy out physically and who knows what he might steal out of desperation?

Generally the people you help out turn on you and despise you for doing it!

Why hasn't anyone here offered to take this man into their home in his time of need during this holiday season? I am out of the country otherwise I would love to have him over for Christmas dinner and give him a warm bed to sleep in until he figures out his life and the next move.

That`s convenient and suppose lets you off the hook. Could you not let him stay at your home while you`re away?

Anyhow, it`s all irrelevant now, as the OP disappeared from this thread long ago.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

It's depressingly predictable that the "Farang Buddhists" are up in arms here,people that just convert to Buddhism to curry favour and increase their standing within the local Thai community!19x19xbah.gif.pagespeed.ic.l9zPefr-9w.we width=19 alt=bah.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4274630315>

They have no sympathy whatsoever and that is exactly why these frauds are NOTHING to do with Buddhism in any way,shape or form.No wonder the Thais refuse them entry to the big,important festivals as they can see right through these snake-oil salesmen,as clearly as looking out of the kitchen window!

If anything they're even worse than the average Farang,with their over developed and oversensitive sense of importance and entitlement,loathe doesn't even come close to how I feel about these shady,great-pretender types!

biggrin.png

If it was just for the holiday season fair enough but we all know it won't be,you'll end up having to throw the guy out physically and who knows what he might steal out of desperation?

rolleyes.gif

It's depressingly predictable that the "Farang Buddhists" are up in arms here,people that just convert to Buddhism to curry favour and increase their standing within the local Thai community!19x19xbah.gif.pagespeed.ic.l9zPefr-9w.we width=19 alt=bah.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4274630315>

biggrin.png

rolleyes.gif

Landing at Don Muang Airport..........the point I'd made,which went right over your head is that I'm not the one pretending to be a sympathetic,love-thy-neighbour,do-no-man-or-creature-any-harm,bleeding heart,fake Farang Buddhist!rolleyes.gif

To the people here critical (bitchy) about this man's situation, you are being dicks. Just because he is out of money does not mean that he is a bad person, nor does it mean that it is entirely his fault. Anyone can run into bad luck in their life. Try a measure of sympathy.

Ever heard of saving (even a little bit) for a rainy day? I mean how hard is it to stash 3,000 baht away in a savings account or bury it in the backyard? Anyone that skint is just plain ignorant in my books.

No point missed at all by me ,maybe it has been by you however.

I understand your frustration and need to provoke a response to validate your existence here but I'm afraid that I really have no wish whatsoever to interact with you in any way,sorry about that!

Grow up.

Maybe the Op has now found somewhere to sleep and if so good luck, however you have means of communication or you did, so there fore using any number of the Money transfer systems : Western Union or Moneygram you could have cash in minutes from your home country so maybe send a few more outbound mails..

Good Luck

All I can say is know when it's time to go home.

I've had something similar, not with money but with a no win situation that surrounded loved ones - long story!

Well, I don't have a solution on what to do until your money comes in but staying here doing the same thing will keep the vicious cycle going. I think it's best to go home get your wits about you and regroup with a better plan.

I could not see myself in the state I was in to just accept it, as I too needed to regroup. I'm now planning to come back under much different circumstances.

Good luck.

Totally agree with that last sentence. So true.

Bus 48 from Sukhumvit goes to that area. Best of luck. smile.png

Do we have an address?

no need for an exact address. Just get down the bus, (not taxi because you need your money to buy your food, etc.) then you can see Wat or Temple