Price of Samsung Tab and Note in Thailand?

VisaEd

I've seen some good discounts on the Samsung Tab and Note tablets back home, and was wondering how much they cost in Thailand at the moment?

The prices I've seen outside of Thailand are:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 8GB 7" Wi-Fi Tablet - 4500 baht

N5110 Note 8" 16GB - 10,000 baht

Is it worth picking one up outside of Thailand or are the prices similar in Bangkok?

Thanks.

re

N5110 Note 8" 16GB - 10,000 baht

the price of the note 8 lte version has been 13800 baht for the last three months in chiang mai

there are lots of secondhand ones here now and i bought a month old one for 9990 baht a month ago :)

dave2

post-42592-0-98464300-1387800657_thumb.j

"N5110 Note 8" 16GB - 10,000 baht"

The unit generally sold in Thailand is the N5100 which includes phone and 3G functionality. I have a 5100 which I bought here for 15,200 (and got the 7% VAT refunded) and it is now generally available at 13,900 as mentioned, though I did see it at Tesco for a bit less recently.

The N5110 is a fair bit cheaper abroad as it only has wifi but I've not seen it here.

As far as I know the 5105 is the LTE model, but given that I wont even pay for 2G data service on mine, let alone 3G, you can guess how interested I am in 4G.

Not sure what qualifies as "outside Thailand", but in the U.S. some of these WiFi-only variants are heavily discounted at this time of year.

The Samsung - Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 - 8GB - Black Model: SM-T210RMKYXAR is available for $160 (USD).
The Samsung - Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 - 16GB - White Model: SM-T3100ZWYXAR is $ 250 (USD).
The Samsung - Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 - 16GB - Gold Brown Model: GT-P5210GNYXAR is $300 (USD)
The Samsung - Galaxy Note 8.0 - 16GB - Brown/Black Model: GT-N5110NKYXAR is $330 (USD) (Re-furbs available for $255 USD)
I'm not sure if Samsung/Thailand localizes any/all of the WiFi-only variants here - maybe review their website - so you might end up with a grey-market import if buying here? They tend to focus on the 3G+WiFi variants.
You can grind through ITCity, Powerbuy, Thaimobilecenter, invadeit, among others to get a feel for what might be available here, and what the pricing might be.