Police Checks - Information

SlyAnimal

I know this is an old thread but I though it was best to continue it rather than start a new one.  I was told that a police check for Thailand is needed to teach grades K-12 but not to teach at a university.  Can anyone confirm this with a credible online source link? 

If true, is the police check needed for the initial Non-Immigrant B (NIB) visa, the extension of stay stamp that you get after the NIB, or the work permit?

Edited by guyfromtheweb

On 2/19/2022 at 4:01 PM, guyfromtheweb said:

I know this is an old thread but I though it was best to continue it rather than start a new one.  I was told that a police check for Thailand is needed to teach grades K-12 but not to teach at a university.  Can anyone confirm this with a credible online source link? 

If true, is the police check needed for the initial Non-Immigrant B (NIB) visa, the extension of stay stamp that you get after the NIB, or the work permit?

I am the one who posted the question above, but lost my password for the "guyfromtheweb" account.  Is anyone able to answer my question?

Technically, this is required for all K-12 teachers, but enforcement is lax.  The procedure for getting a criminal check will vary depending on your nationality, but usually starts with getting fingerprinted at the Pathumwan Police Station. 

The report is usually good for about 6 months, so make sure that your timing is correct.

Instructions from the US Embassy if you are from the US.