Gunshots fired at Din Daeng protest site: Bangkok

webfact

Gunshots fired at protest site

BANGKOK: -- Several gunshots were fired while anti-Thaksin regime protesters were gathering in front of the Din Daeng police station.

The seizure was described by protesters as not to blockade registration application but merely to see the faces of party executives who remain defiant to register for election.

Four gunshots were fire but there was no injury.

Angry protesters demanded the local police chief and deputy commissioner of the metropolitan police bureau to find out the man who fired the shots which were fired from the police station compound.

The shooting happened while protesters and the police have agreed to pull out and return to the Victory Monument

But the protesters now rejected the pull out and demanded the police to explain why the shooting happened.

The police said the shooting was fired from the car park of a hotel not from the police station.

Negotiation is still on.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/gunshots-fired-protest-site/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-23

Is it possible that some police commander whilst preparing to vacate his office in some haste due to the stress he was under xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.dBoeWV-ae9.webp thus his posterior which was facing the window and his alimentary canal was subjected to a sudden strong attack of flatulence which would of course account for the gunshot reports and sadly a subsequent ''follow through'' which would of course account for the broken windows?hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Hope someone provided him with wet-wipes cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Is it possible that some police commander whilst preparing to vacate his office in some haste due to the stress he was under xcrying.gif.pagespeed.ic.dBoeWV-ae9.webp thus his posterior which was facing the window and his alimentary canal was subjected to a sudden strong attack of flatulence which would of course account for the gunshot reports and sadly a subsequent ''follow through'' which would of course account for the broken windows?hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Well I don't recall any thing about broken windows. are you saying the shots were fired at the Police station?

I really liked this part

"Negotiation is still on."

cheesy.gif Negotiation as to where the shots came from.clap2.gif

sounds to me like they are saying the other side did the shooting.

Post quoting and link to Bangkok Post removed. From the forum rules:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

I wonder if the police will take a look at the hotel ctv camera's that overlook the car park----to prove their statement was correct---SO -bib prove it.

This is from CCTV, two men reported to have thrown small ping pong bomb at police station earlier:

BcJmpiXCIAEQXLd.jpg

So if it's the same car park, then yes, they have CCTV.

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow 3h

11:40am Protesters saying 3 shots fired from inside flats where police live

11:40am Four bullet holes found in window of 4th floor but not known yet if fired into or out of room

I wonder if the police will take a look at the hotel ctv camera's that overlook the car park----to prove their statement was correct---SO -bib prove it.

This is from CCTV, two men reported to have thrown small ping pong bomb at police station earlier:

BcJmpiXCIAEQXLd.jpg

11:40am Four bullet holes found in window of 4th floor but not known yet if fired into or out of room

Looks more like two men going for some Kao soy What city were they taken in?

BcJmpiXCIAEQXLd.jpg

So nothing to worry about!! Just a missfire from the local ping-pong show!!giggle.gif

• Like 1

BcJmpiXCIAEQXLd.jpg

Richard Barrow ‏@RichardBarrow 3h

If fired INTO the building, then glass will be on inside. Reverse if fired OUT OF building. Correct?

You watch too much CSI.

• Like 2

BcJmpiXCIAEQXLd.jpg

If fired INTO the building, then glass will be on inside. Reverse if fired OUT OF building. Correct?

You watch too much CSI.

Probably lol ... which automatically puts me far ahead in terms if knowledge than 99.99% of the Police here.

Simplistic i know, but was I right or wrong tho?

• Like 1

Sounds logical... also the bullets would be inside the room if fired inside, surely...

BcJmpiXCIAEQXLd.jpg

Looks more like two men going for some Kao soy What city were they taken in?

Bangkok. lol.

CCTV footage shows the face of a man throwing a small IED "ping pong" at Din Daeng Police station at 11:47am

So 11:47, apparently gun shots sometime between 11:20am and 11:35 or so.

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow 4h

11:20am Sound of explosions & smoke behind police station

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow 4h

11:33am Reports of gunfire 4 times at Din Daeng police station

All police have guns.

Protester come in peace without arms.

Simple deduction. The police fire while in panic. Glad no one killed.

They will be sent for retraining with the Boarder Patrol Police. After 6 month with them they will be able to use a weapon. ph34r.png

All police have guns.

Protester come in peace without arms.

Simple deduction. The police fire while in panic. Glad no one killed.

I, too, am glad that no one was killed. Some of the protest guards are, armed and some have been charged woith firearm offences. That was several days ago. Do try to up-to-date.