Christmas Films

ToddWeston

Let's hear them, movies or shows that your Thai family liked & of course your favourites.

I've got 3 Farangs and around 11 Thais plus 4 kids for Xmas Day & on Boxing Day more kiddies - almost everyone understands and speaks English fairly well, so help me pick my movie selection while I still have time to download on ITunes.

So far I've got

Love Actually

The Sound of Music

The Muppet Christmas Carol

Boxed Series of Little Britain (may have to do some serious fast forwarding :) )

Kids always like

Chitty chitty bang bang

Mary Popins

Willy wonka and the chocolate factory

Adults

Christmas day classics

Pretty Woman ( every expat loves to save the hooker)

Great Escape

Spartacus

What a wonderful life

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

The Grinch - Jim Carrey 2000

Bridget Jones's Diary - Renee Zellweger 2001

A Christmas Carol - Jim Carrey 2009

Blackadder's Christmas Carol

Some Oldies but Goodies :

Wizard of Oz - Judy Garland 1939

The Shop Around the Corner - James Stewart 1940

Scrooge - Alistair Sim 1951

The Lemon Drop Kid - Bob Hope 1951

We're No Angels - Humphrey Bogart, Peter Ustinov 1955

The all time best Christmas movie is "Miracle on 34th street" ...its and "oldie" (1947 with Maureen O Hara, and John Payne)....about an old man claiming to be Santa and he gets taken to Court and has to make his case he's Santa.

I know at lot of you youngsters will never have heard of it...and a lot of you Europeans will never have heard of it either .....BUT its the best all time Christmas movie....if you can find it on the internet Download it.....Its a Classic!

• Like 1

Hey Todd ... nice Christmassy Subject ... thumbsup.gif

Good luck with the extended family over the festive season.

"Bad Santa" is the best Christmas film of all time.

I have to say, that's one of the few movies I genuinely wished to walk out of.

When the scene calls for Santa to relieve himself and pisses on the Santa Seat and they then focus on that dripping down through the webbing ... I paid my heard earned coin to watch that rubbish ... facepalm.gif

Am I the only one who has seen Tranny Claus?

I thought you were taking the piss, so I googled, and found it ... though the DVD cover I can't reproduce here ... w00t.gif

Some reckon Bruce Willis Die Hard is a Christmas Movie ... biggrin.png

Christmas Day ... no set movie

Boxing Day ... MCG Cricket Match, interrupted by the start of the Sydney to Hobart start till the maxis disappears out of the Sydney Heads ... hopefully under full Spinnaker.

Mind you, next Christmas when MissFarmGirl has her 1st Christmas in Australia ... she might have something to say about that ... sad.png

Stand up, Stand up ... Stand up if you're 3 - nil up

The all time best Christmas movie is "Miracle on 34th street" ...its and "oldie" (1947 with Maureen O Hara, and John Payne)....about an old man claiming to be Santa and he gets taken to Court and has to make his case he's Santa.

I know at lot of you youngsters will never have heard of it...and a lot of you Europeans will never have heard of it either .....BUT its the best all time Christmas movie....if you can find it on the internet Download it.....Its a Classic!

There was a good remake of this in 1994, with Richard Attenborough in the lead role, well, I enjoyed it anyway, lovely film. Edited by CharlieH

Nah, it's OK, but It's A Wonderful Life beats Miracle on 34the Street hands down. Sent from my GT-I8160 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree, It's a Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart wins hands down, one of the all time greats.

Of all the Christmas Carol movies, I never tire of the wonderful Alistair Sim version

• Like 1

Its a wonderful life is a "Great" Classic Christmas story....BUT for me... too much "drama"....can be intense at times (a little black for me)....whereas "Miracle on 34th street" is light, fun, with some drama and I find it more uplifting which is what I like at Christmas....

Oh well.....each to their own

Merry Christmassmile.png