Had somebody this kind of scam letters before?

I am worry to death.....Can other people get some or all of your personal information easily?

I got every week since many years all kind of scam e-mails asking for money, offering weird deals, offering free money, etc, etc. Always Online and I never responded.

I never got anything of those on my home address...

But, this week I got a letter from overseas offering me one of those scams...for first time...here...in my house, with my full name.

The only people I know that have my home address here are my Thai banks, Thai Immigration, My Embassy, Thai Post Office, few serious business people, PayPal, Air Asia Airlines and Agoda Travel paying ticket and hotel online with my Thai bank debit card.

I do not know if you are given away also address information paying stores like Big C and Lotus with debit card. I do not think so.

Is this happening to other people?

What is your advise?

I am worry to death.....Can other people get some or all of your personal information easily?

I got every week since many years all kind of scam e-mails asking for money, offering weird deals, offering free money, etc, etc. Always Online and I never responded.

I never got anything of those on my home address...

But, this week I got a letter from overseas offering me one of those scams...for first time...here...in my house, with my full name.

The only people I know that have my home address here are my Thai banks, Thai Immigration, My Embassy, Thai Post Office, few serious business people, PayPal, Air Asia Airlines and Agoda Travel paying ticket and hotel online with my Thai bank debit card.

I do not know if you are given away also address information paying stores like Big C and Lotus with debit card. I do not think so.

Is this happening to other people?

What is your advise?

Just ignore the letter ?

Paypal has serious security issues. Twice used and twice afterwards bombarded with phising emails claiming to be from the bank I use for Paypal. Coincidence no, definatly a breach on their behalf

Probably you are right. I know that E-Bay is also used for scams. I was worry because I got this letter on my house mail, not online. Was signed for a lawyer with a @lawyer.com e-mail and from Spain. I searched on the Internet by his name and he is on a long list list of lottery scams companies and people. Surprisingly lawyer.com is an American lawyers referral site. What that means? That the scam may come from a real lawyer or law company. That is even worst, because some lawyers have the privilege to get personal information of everybody.

With a name such as yours, are you sure you are not writing those emails and letters to yourself? rolleyes.gif

Do you know what means my Thai Visa name? I am African American.....Search the Internet my friend...or are you racist?

As said do not worry and bin the letter.

If you are still concerned, In future if you want to get an idea as to who is selling your personal info suggest when filling in any forms with your address you make slight variations.

When filling in a form write your Thai address in Roman(english) characters then you can easily apply small changes. As an example your Amphur could easily be written Amphoe, Ampur Amphur or even A.. The rest of your address will probably give many more opportunities. If you remember what you used for each service, you will be able to get an idea who is selling your info.

Of course if they give you a form and you know that they will never need to contact you by mail, then provide a false address.

Paypal has serious security issues. Twice used and twice afterwards bombarded with phising emails claiming to be from the bank I use for Paypal. Coincidence no, definatly a breach on their behalf

Its not paypal. Some companies and scammers read the cookies left and determine which services you use and then present you with information accordingly. Its how you get targeted advertising if you read online newspapers. They love paypal because you have shown your willingness to shop online and without credit cards. The profiles being constructed on each of us are actually pretty scary.

Clear your cookies using ccleaner at the end of each session. ccleaner is free - just watch out you dont download extra packages with it.