Kasikorn interbank transfer nightmare.

I have multiple Kasikorn accounts with K-Cyber Banking which is fine for transferring money between my own accounts.

But If I want to transfer money from my Kasikorn account to a third party account with another bank in Thailand it is almost impossible.

To be able to transfer money to another bank you have to register the third party account first in the online banking system which only can be done when you are in Thailand as you have to visit Kasikorn or send them the papers by mail.

After the third party account is added (after several weeks) to your ebanking system you can use it for money transfers.

How stupid and prehistoric system is that.

I had to transfer this week some money from my Kasikorn account to a Bangkok Bank account but this was not possible as the Bangkok account is not in my account list and I’m not in Thailand to add this. ( I also don’t have many times mobile phone coverage )

Does anybody know which Thai bank does not have this stupid system and I can use to make online interbank money transfers without any hassle like registering, SMS messages etc.

Thanks for a information.

There are two types of Kasikorn internet banking 'accounts' you can have. One that needs all the paperwork to do stuff, and the other which sends an OTP to do stuff.

You need to change your account to send OTP's, then it will be a breeze (assuming of course they have your current phone number, otherwise there is a little hassle with sending forms to BKK to change numbers).

This will then mean you need to confirm any transaction made via internet banking with an OTP sent by SMS. I find the system works very well.

totster :)

There are two types of Kasikorn internet banking 'accounts' you can have. One that needs all the paperwork to do stuff, and the other which sends an OTP to do stuff.

You need to change your account to send OTP's, then it will be a breeze (assuming of course they have your current phone number, otherwise there is a little hassle with sending forms to BKK to change numbers).

This will then mean you need to confirm any transaction made via internet banking with an OTP sent by SMS. I find the system works very well.

totster smile.png

Thanks for that, i have a Thai mobile which is registered with Kasikorn.

But i never heard about 2 types of internet banking. What is the reason for that ?

If i have the other internet banking i don't need to send in the papers for a third party account ?

when using the OTP is the third party account straight away registered and can be used or does this take a long time,

Is their anymore difference between the 2 internet accounts.

sorry for all the questions but i'm getting frustrated.

totster smile.png

Thanks for that, i have a Thai mobile which is registered with Kasikorn.

But i never heard about 2 types of internet banking. What is the reason for that ?

If i have the other internet banking i don't need to send in the papers for a third party account ?

when using the OTP is the third party account straight away registered and can be used or does this take a long time,

Is their anymore difference between the 2 internet accounts.

sorry for all the questions but i'm getting frustrated.

There is no difference between the two, it's just the way you/they set it up in the first place. Moving to OTP will enable you to add third party accounts instantly.

I can't remember how I changed (i faced the same problem before) but I'm almost certain it just took a phone call to their customer service number.

Been using kbank cyber banking for years.

It works fine and never have any problems transfering funds or setting up new payee bank accounts.

It takes about 1 minute to add a new account to send money to using the otp sytem. I think it is very secure and very efficient.

Suggest you take a step back and learn how to use it properly instead of slagging it off.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Been using kbank cyber banking for years. It works fine and never have any problems transfering funds or setting up new payee bank accounts. It takes about 1 minute to add a new account to send money to using the otp sytem. I think it is very secure and very efficient. Suggest you take a step back and learn how to use it properly instead of slagging it off. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sorry but requiring filling in papers and handing it over at the bank and wait weeks to get a payee account added is in my opinion reason enough to complain about. ( yes that is stupid and not from this time in my eyes)

I was not aware ( and the bank never told me when questioned ) about the fact that i could change to the OPT system.

The OTP system sounds the way for me.

Thanks all for the information learned something again, i contacted the bank already to get it changed.

Hi Merijn:

I am using K-Cyber banking for over than 5 years,

Let me help you with soem easy steps:

1) To have a cyber banking service, you need to apply and submit some papers to the bank as we the procedures you mentioned

2) To add any new accounts to your list, it's so easy, just fill the information on the online form and will receive an OTP by SMS to your mobile,

3) To transfer money to your Bangkok Bank, go to your list and selecet the option of (inter-bank) this list will display the account that are non- KBnak

I used it dozens of times, to add and transfer money to any account, it takes not more than 6 - 7 mints,

IF you are being overses, and willing to manage your funds, transfer, shopping online, etc.. and with out the restriction of OTP that should be Thai mobile number,

at this case, there is an option, you may call K-Bank call center and they will send you OTP via email (for 1 transaction) or you may login to your K-cyber page and delete the restriction of OTP by SMS (I do not recommend you to remove this) for your safety, as we are in ocean full of hackers every day with bundles of new smart hacking tricks,

At last, if any troublesone, just give them a call, and ask anything, they will help you, they have English speaking CS, and I am enjoying K-cyber banking,

I wish the above lines could help a bit.

Regards.

I don't understand why you are having a problem?

I could send you a transfer and the money would land in your account in under 2 minutes, including adding your non-Kasikorn account to my "other accounts".

As mentioned, it's all about the OTP code sent to your phone, and even when I have been unable to receive the OTP code due to being out of country, I give them a call and they divert them to email instead for 24 hours.

However if you have a business account, you will be required to fax documents to the bank in order to initiate transfers.

Or perhaps the amounts are more than the 50'000 THB that K-Cyber Banking allows.

Hi Merijn:

I am using K-Cyber banking for over than 5 years,

Let me help you with soem easy steps:

1) To have a cyber banking service, you need to apply and submit some papers to the bank as we the procedures you mentioned

2) To add any new accounts to your list, it's so easy, just fill the information on the online form and will receive an OTP by SMS to your mobile,

3) To transfer money to your Bangkok Bank, go to your list and selecet the option of (inter-bank) this list will display the account that are non- KBnak

I used it dozens of times, to add and transfer money to any account, it takes not more than 6 - 7 mints,

IF you are being overses, and willing to manage your funds, transfer, shopping online, etc.. and with out the restriction of OTP that should be Thai mobile number,

at this case, there is an option, you may call K-Bank call center and they will send you OTP via email (for 1 transaction) or you may login to your K-cyber page and delete the restriction of OTP by SMS (I do not recommend you to remove this) for your safety, as we are in ocean full of hackers every day with bundles of new smart hacking tricks,

At last, if any troublesone, just give them a call, and ask anything, they will help you, they have English speaking CS, and I am enjoying K-cyber banking,

I wish the above lines could help a bit.

Regards.

To apply for Cyber bank you don't need to visit the bank or provide any documents. You can activate it at any Kasikorn ATM with your ATM card.

Or perhaps the amounts are more than the 50'000 THB that K-Cyber Banking allows.

Cyberbank allows any amount, up to one million for sure, but it takes 24 hours or something. Can't remember exactly, but I transferred 950.000 Baht from Kasikorn to Bank of Ayuthya.

PetrSmile, When I applied for Cyber banking at first time in early 2008, they asked me to provide a copy of passbook and passport copy and sign the form at the Kbank branch, for ATM activation is about to use your KBank debit card (ATM) as a credit card for online shopping, and SMS alert service, this does not mean to use the Kasikorn cyber banking, I am quite familiar and regular user of it.

All the best,

PetrSmile, When I applied for Cyber banking at first time in early 2008, they asked me to provide a copy of passbook and passport copy and sign the form at the Kbank branch, for ATM activation is about to use your KBank debit card (ATM) as a credit card for online shopping, and SMS alert service, this does not mean to use the Kasikorn cyber banking, I am quite familiar and regular user of it.

All the best,

Well since you are so familiar with it, I consider it starnge that you were not aware of the OTP function.

I have set up cyberbanking from an ATM in the beginning of this year. Never visited a bank branch for that.

Cyberbank allows any amount, up to one million for sure, but it takes 24 hours or something. Can't remember exactly, but I transferred 950.000 Baht from Kasikorn to Bank of Ayuthya.

Wow! I definitely have a 50K limit on interbank transfers and have been using online banking since 2008, maybe there are some different rules depending on when we became members.

But with the advent of Cyber Fraud, could it really be that easy to siphon a Million Baht from someones account?

I am talking K-Cyber Banking not any of the higher banking options like K-Cyber Connect or K-Corporate.

Wow! I definitely have a 50K limit on interbank transfers and have been using online banking since 2008, maybe there are some different rules depending on when we became members.

But with the advent of Cyber Fraud, could it really be that easy to siphon a Million Baht from someones account?

I am talking K-Cyber Banking not any of the higher banking options like K-Cyber Connect or K-Corporate.

I'm also talking about K-cyber banking.

When you transfer money you have the option " now " or " scheduled ". For amounts over 50.000 Baht you can only choose scheduled, otherwise the system will not accept it.

I also had to make a call to the customer service to find that out.

My problem is just never getting an OTP sms-ed. I´ve had the account since april.

Moving money in from abroad was very easy and it worked out fine to get a 1 year visa extension.

About 2 months ago I registered my Thai phone-number at my local branch in BKK, but never got an OTP-SMS on it.

I emailed Kasikorn about it and also contacted the call-center, but sofar no result.

My problem is just never getting an OTP sms-ed. I´ve had the account since april.

Moving money in from abroad was very easy and it worked out fine to get a 1 year visa extension.

About 2 months ago I registered my Thai phone-number at my local branch in BKK, but never got an OTP-SMS on it.

I emailed Kasikorn about it and also contacted the call-center, but sofar no result.

I too have that problem with BKK bank. My Thai phone shows as being registered but I don't get OTP's, just a message to call the help line...strange.

You can register the third party account online. Need to receive an OTP on your mobile for that. It takes only a minute or so. I've done it several times, no problem.

Can i ask how you did this.

When i use Cyber banking and try to add a third party account in another bank I have to supply papers at the bank or use the OTP system.

I called the bank yesterday to change my PIN-2 to OTP.

I did not find a way to add the third party account without either one of those two confirmation options.

You can register the third party account online. Need to receive an OTP on your mobile for that. It takes only a minute or so. I've done it several times, no problem.

When i use Cyber banking and try to add a third party account in another bank I have to supply papers at the bank or use the OTP system.

I did not find a way to add the third party account without either one of those two confirmation options.

When logged in,

Fund Transfer >> Interbank Fund Transfer >> Next to Step 3, Add More Others Accounts

Add details and follow instructions using the OTP to confirm (this CANNOT be done with Pin-2)

When logged in,

Fund Transfer >> Interbank Fund Transfer >> Next to Step 3, Add More Others Accounts

Add details and follow instructions using the OTP to confirm (this CANNOT be done with Pin-2)

totster smile.png

Thanks for that. thumbsup.gif

Been using kbank cyber banking for years. It works fine and never have any problems transfering funds or setting up new payee bank accounts. It takes about 1 minute to add a new account to send money to using the otp sytem. I think it is very secure and very efficient. Suggest you take a step back and learn how to use it properly instead of slagging it off. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have also transferred money from my K Bank account when I have been overseas. As long as your Thai mobile is set up to receive sms's from Thailand, then you can carry on as per normal.

Sometimes the sms takes too long to arrive, and you have to do it again, but apart from those little blips still works pretty well.

I will say that the only time I did have a small problem was a few years back when I changed my phone number. I thought it would be simple process but when I went to the bank and signed all the forms, it took several weeks before the new phone number was registered and up and running.

So a word of warning, don't change the number unless you absolute have to. These days, even if you change your carrier you can retain your original number, so there should be no need.

In the past, I had trouble changing phone number with Kasikorn, but now I see that there is an option to change it online, from "profile settings", choose "Change Profile Request".

Also, there is an alternative to OTP, that is called PIN2:

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/ServicesChannel/SearchServiceChannel/Internet/Pages/KCyberBanking.aspx

However you will need OTP to activate it initially.

In the past, I had trouble changing phone number with Kasikorn, but now I see that there is an option to change it online, from "profile settings", choose "Change Profile Request".

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/ServicesChannel/SearchServiceChannel/Internet/Pages/KCyberBanking.aspx

If you had read the thread properly you will see that the PIN2 option is the problem.

I'm assuming the online change profile request will result in the same f up as going into the branch.

If you had read the thread properly you will see that the PIN2 option is the problem.

I'm assuming the online change profile request will result in the same f up as going into the branch.

totster smile.png

I've read all the thread and there is no mention of PIN2 at all. I do not have the option now but intend to enable it in the future.

totster smile.png

I've read all the thread and there is no mention of PIN2 at all. I do not have the option now but intend to enable it in the future.

The issue the OP is facing is due to using PIN2 instead of OTP. You can enable one or the other, but not both at the same time. If, After reading this thread, you want to enable PIN 2 instead of using OTP, well that's just strange behaviour.

The issue the OP is facing is due to using PIN2 instead of OTP. You can enable one or the other, but not both at the same time. If, After reading this thread, you want to enable PIN 2 instead of using OTP, well that's just strange behaviour.

Nothing indicates that the OP problem is related to PIN2. Them of course, you can think what you want.