Anti-govt forces have a new 'bogeyman' - the Western media

webfact

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

“The Thai version posted along with the delicious English version was in fact more vulgar, with foreigners referred to with a pronoun normally reserved for animals - bang tua. Pathonpong was fed up.”

“Farang Bang Tua” is an expression that is not only used by Pathompong Charoenwut. I have heard some of the Isaan workers at the apartment where I live refer to us as “Farang Bang Tua” (western animals) when we complain about problems with the Wifi or the TV signal.

BTW here is the Facebook of that gentleman: https://www.facebook.com/pathompong.charoenwut

Yesterday all his pictures were public, but now he has increased the level of privacy.

He also removed the particular post and changed privacy settings.

Getting close to a two week holiday with the missus to do the family stuff and then f *off somewhere else and take out hard earned baht somewhere we're more wanted. When the going got tough they were always going to kee on the kee noks. Looks like it's begun. Goodbye Herr Suthep - good luck with the Asean fire sale.

I have been waiting for this., and i think we will see and hear more of this in the near future. The day all hell breaks loose as anybody with half a brain can see we are pretty close to by now. We, us farangs or foreigners, pick your choice, will be accused of going to bed with one or the other side, like it or not. The world has seen it happen many times up through history, so why should it not happen here. We could easily be given the blame for every thing that is wrong in this country. Be prepared folks for that day if it should come. Be especially aware if and when we get a democratic peoples committee, it will be everything else than democratic. But personally i think that the worse that can happen to us, is if the masses, who are far far bigger than generalissimo Suthep can imagine, start to move and we are placed in bed with the Bangkok elite, keep your suitcases half packed boys and girls because it will not be in any way a good situation for us farangs living here. We already have a situation resembling anarchy, the police and the courts are not functioning, people of different colour T shirts are suing each other for incredible stupid things ,so the courts are clogged up the next 100 yrs handling lawsuits, the army washing their hands of the hole madness, arrest warrants are being issued left right and center to no effect ,what is there to come, we can only guess and hope and pray for best. Merry Christmas, and a tiny hope for a happy new year.

bye bye to 30 year leases and farang 'land ownership'.

Burma is going to be the place to invest for many as the birds come home to roost.

Just like the Med collapsing tourist money and airlines will be looking for new destinations.

Identical climate to Thailand with all the temples etc and it offers clean beaches and no corruption.

Being an ex British colony is also still has a lot of the lovely old infrastructure.

I have been waiting for this., and i think we will see and hear more of this in the near future. The day all hell breaks loose as anybody with half a brain can see we are pretty close to by now. We, us farangs or foreigners, pick your choice, will be accused of going to bed with one or the other side, like it or not. The world has seen it happen many times up through history, so why should it not happen here. We could easily be given the blame for every thing that is wrong in this country. Be prepared folks for that day if it should come. Be especially aware if and when we get a democratic peoples committee, it will be everything else than democratic. But personally i think that the worse that can happen to us, is if the masses, who are far far bigger than generalissimo Suthep can imagine, start to move and we are placed in bed with the Bangkok elite, keep your suitcases half packed boys and girls because it will not be in any way a good situation for us farangs living here. We already have a situation resembling anarchy, the police and the courts are not functioning, people of different colour T shirts are suing each other for incredible stupid things ,so the courts are clogged up the next 100 yrs handling lawsuits, the army washing their hands of the hole madness, arrest warrants are being issued left right and center to no effect ,what is there to come, we can only guess and hope and pray for best. Merry Christmas, and a tiny hope for a happy new year.

bye bye to 30 year leases and farang 'land ownership'.

Wasn't so long ago even a Thai married to a farang wasn't allowed to own land or property.

With the rate this place is going we should be back to the mid 70/80s in no time.

We know they have no care for laws and dont grandfather things in when they feel like it, rip up their own constitution on virtually a tri annual basis. I long since realised to trust the system here was to stick your head in the sand. All i have left invested in this country now is time and good memories.

Its a rare thing to see a Thai take responsibility instead of throwing blame at another. With that in mind we have decided when the main event occurs we will be leaving on extended holidays immediately, watching things unravel or cope from afar and deciding whether to return when and IF things settle. If they do i'll be pleased but if they dont i wont be surprised.

Best place to hide when doomsday comes will be Pattaya where most Thais will be hard pressed to tell the good'uns from the bad ones. There will be certain advantages to living on the dark side and a knowledge of Isaan red loving ways may confer some advantages.

Almost time to roll out the farang secret waepon ......

tongue.png