what do you want to ask Thai people ?

thaiblether

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it okay to point your feet directly at the face of somebody, when having a foot massage - while in all other situations it is considered to be very disrespectful?

I'm sure you point your feet directly at your mother's face all the time. And she probably loves it when you do. 555

Edited by txp158

If you want to ask them something try this.

"Do you as a Thai person love Thailand, and if so do you see anything wrong with Thailand, do you ever express frustration about the things you see wrong in Thailand and if so does expressing those frustrations detract from your love of Thailand?"

Best question so far, by the way what is pantip ?

If you want to ask them something try this.

"Do you as a Thai person love Thailand, and if so do you see anything wrong with Thailand, do you ever express frustration about the things you see wrong in Thailand and if so does expressing those frustrations detract from your love of Thailand?"

Best question so far, by the way what is pantip ?

It's a collection of the greatest Thai minds on the internet.

Actually it's all the hysterical people who believe everything they read in the Taksin controlled media, spouting rubbish about it constantly on the net while they should be working or looking where they are going.

It's like the Thai visa news section with a similar intelligence to the barstool experts and TEFL'ers who believe everything they read in the Taksin controlled media.

• Like 1

Why do Thai people think they will be reborn when there is absolutely no evidence for this?

I know this is not just a Thai thing but the % of believers here seems very high.

Do Thai people ever have a real good argument?

Why do Thais have little common sense? or actions and consequence ability?

Are Thai people very deaf? I just wondered as why do they need everything so loud?

Edited by kannot

"Why do Thai people call me farang just because I prefer not to eat real spicy food?"

Thought you were Thai? At least that was what you claimed to be about 6 months ago. Perhaps you forgot.

I think that's the point, the person gets called farang, but isn't :)

Only thing I never understood about some Thai-parents, is how they can live with sending their daughters work in GoGo bars - and call them constantly for to have them send more and more money (even after they have built the house and bought the pick-up truck).

How they as parents can do that and live with themselves, I will never understand... Maybe you can ask that? Personally, I would rather work myself to death, than send my daughter into prostitution. But I guess these parents will not be members of that site anyway...

Most of the time they don't know, as it entails massive loss of face in the village. Those who do find out usually fall out with their kids.

No parents in Thailand send their kids to sell their body in order to support them - that's a myth (that I've seen twice conveyed in Western documentaries about the country, shockingly enough).

• Like 1

Only thing I never understood about some Thai-parents, is how they can live with sending their daughters work in GoGo bars - and call them constantly for to have them send more and more money (even after they have built the house and bought the pick-up truck).

How they as parents can do that and live with themselves, I will never understand... Maybe you can ask that? Personally, I would rather work myself to death, than send my daughter into prostitution. But I guess these parents will not be members of that site anyway...

Most of the time they don't know, as it entails massive loss of face in the village. Those who do find out usually fall out with their kids.

No parents in Thailand send their kids to sell their body in order to support them - that's a myth (that I've seen twice conveyed in Western documentaries about the country, shockingly enough).

And may I also add that please don't forget to tell what you did today to your daughter, khunpa? I'm sure it'll make her feel really proud of you.

Some honestly don't know, convinced their daughter works for a bank and is very successful. Some think their daughter is simply married off to a rich foreigner. Some haven't seen or heard from their children in years and think they're dead. Some are just in desperate poverty and can do nothing about it. Some are evil, but not many.

It's all heartbreakingly sad to witness.

Sorry to go off topic.

Kind and reasonable response, MJP, perhaps appropriate for Christmas day. K's question was a little upsetting for me to contemplate, but I feel better now. I think I haven't given that issue enough thought. I don't know much about debts and human trafficking with regard to Thailand, but some families might be forced to sell their daughters or sisters into that trade. That's another option, I'm afraid, and maybe something for all the johns to think about. (Speaking of johns, I'm hardly in a position to condemn, given my uneven amorous history, but every time I hear of one getting ripped off, I feel kind of good, yeah, I really do just a little bit. Do I sound like a condescending ass? Yeah, I guess so).

And I'm curious, is there some kind of rule about staying so-called "on-topic?" Threads are like conversations sometimes, and the topic changes and meanders around, to and fro, right? Sometimes a newish topic can be more important and interesting than the original, even.

Some honestly don't know, convinced their daughter works for a bank and is very successful. Some think their daughter is simply married off to a rich foreigner. Some haven't seen or heard from their children in years and think they're dead. Some are just in desperate poverty and can do nothing about it. Some are evil, but not many.

It's all heartbreakingly sad to witness.

Sorry to go off topic.

Kind and reasonable response, MJP, perhaps appropriate for Christmas day. K's question was a little upsetting for me to contemplate, but I feel better now. I think I haven't given that issue enough thought. I don't know much about debts and human trafficking with regard to Thailand, but some families might be forced to sell their daughters or sisters into that trade. That's another option, I'm afraid, and maybe something for all the johns to think about. (Speaking of johns, I'm hardly in a position to condemn, given my uneven amorous history, but every time I hear of one getting ripped off, I feel kind of good, yeah, I really do just a little bit. Do I sound like a condescending ass? Yeah, I guess so).

And I'm curious, is there some kind of rule about staying so-called "on-topic?" Threads are like conversations sometimes, and the topic changes and meanders around, to and fro, right? Sometimes a newish topic can be more important and interesting than the original, even.

The on-topic thing is common to most forums and I do agree, the best conversations come from those topics that either stray or give someone a kernel of an idea for another topic. Best really just to start a new topic.