what do you want to ask Thai people ?

thaiblether

Can Thai-girls wearing too small shoes with their toes sticking out, not see it looks stupid?

Same goes for spectacles with no glass in them. What is the point of wearing frames without glass?

For someone who likes to judge the appearance of others. I'm curious what you look like :)

Just saying...

• Like 1

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a country where almost everyone considers hisself as a devote Buddhist and wais to every single wat they come along, how come people still live in a way that couldn't be more un-Buddhistic (torturing dogs, ripping off people, being crazy about money, ...)? In a society where manners and rituals are so crucial, how come there're so many situations in which they behave like people from the 18th century?

So you are an expert on Buddha? You do know the Buddha deserted his wife and child? Maybe back to the books eh?

Where please did I talk about wives and children? I'm just saying that most people live even against the basic guidelines of Buddhism, but still everyone pretends to be so religious.

One would have to know something about Thai Buddhism before making a comparison with Thai people who are Buddhist and Western people from the 18th century. Thai Buddhism is not like Buddhism in India or Japan or ....... To say most Thai people behave like people from the 18th century in the West is simply crazy.

Edited by thailiketoo

Can Thai-girls wearing too small shoes with their toes sticking out, not see it looks stupid?

Same goes for spectacles with no glass in them. What is the point of wearing frames without glass?

For someone who likes to judge the appearance of others. I'm curious what you look like smile.png

Just saying...

He looks smashing in heels and brassiere. But only on Saturday nights.

• Like 2

Why do Thai blokes flush the urinal before taking a piss?

Funny man, I was curious also so I have asked one friendly Thai guy in tennis court's toilet.

He answered he doesn't know why he does it but he remembered this came in his primary school, where the school teacher told to pupils, they have to do this reason their own health and hygiene.

This is a huge wasting of water cause in "man" section all of them do it.

Thai kids are taught at primary school that a typical Thai squat toilet must have water poured before a crap. (It helps prevent the crap sticking to the porcelain when it is flushed).

Because this is inculcated from an early age it sticks in their mind to do it, but the reason for doing it has been forgotten. Hence they often will be seen flushing the urinal before use.

This is a prime example of just how effective brainwashing is when started at an early age. It becomes automatic throughout life. The Roman Catholic Church used this technique to great effect. "Give us a child until it is 8yrs of age and we will have it for life", was their mantra.

Thais seem more interested in ghosts than the teachings of buddha.

The same principle could have been applied to my Irish Catholic mother or any of the nuns who taught me and left statues of St. Anthony out in the rain because they couldn't find something. Animistic roots run deep in many religions. But I'm sure you know all about Buddhism of the Theravada school.

Only thing I never understood about some Thai-parents, is how they can live with sending their daughters work in GoGo bars - and call them constantly for to have them send more and more money (even after they have built the house and bought the pick-up truck).

How they as parents can do that and live with themselves, I will never understand... Maybe you can ask that? Personally, I would rather work myself to death, than send my daughter into prostitution. But I guess these parents will not be members of that site anyway...

Most of the time they don't know, as it entails massive loss of face in the village. Those who do find out usually fall out with their kids.

No parents in Thailand send their kids to sell their body in order to support them - that's a myth (that I've seen twice conveyed in Western documentaries about the country, shockingly enough).

Most of the parents know, but since it is wildely acceptable now that it is considered normal. The more money they bring home, the better it is. Some parents brag about how much their daughters can make in a day by being prostitution. It is sad but it is reality. I wish the girls would stay in school and finish at least high school. Prostitution should not be the resource, but who am I kidding?

Thanks for this straight answer, showing that the parents do know what is going on and are even pushing the girls further to make even more money for them. Because as you say yourself, that is the sad reality.

I hope the Farangs believing otherwise, see that this is not a myth! All I can say is great in-laws to have!

In a country where almost everyone considers hisself as a devote Buddhist and wais to every single wat they come along, how come people still live in a way that couldn't be more un-Buddhistic (torturing dogs, ripping off people, being crazy about money, ...)? In a society where manners and rituals are so crucial, how come there're so many situations in which they behave like people from the 18th century?

So you are an expert on Buddha? You do know the Buddha deserted his wife and child? Maybe back to the books eh?

Where please did I talk about wives and children? I'm just saying that most people live even against the basic guidelines of Buddhism, but still everyone pretends to be so religious.

One would have to know something about Thai Buddhism before making a comparison with Thai people who are Buddhist and Western people from the 18th century. Thai Buddhism is not like Buddhism in India or Japan or ....... To say most Thai people behave like people from the 18th century in the West is simply crazy.

You don't need to be an expert to see that conflict. How can a Buddhist who is supposed to worship life in every way and gets mad when you kill a mosquito have no problem with killing dogs or flee an accident scene?

Why do Thai people always ask questions and never, never give information. Where I come from, Texas, it is impolite to ask a personal question. A person should always volunteer information about themselves. If the person spoken to wishes to volunteer information about themselves, they will do it. If not, get lost, and don't come back.

When i am asked, "Where are you going?" I ask, "Why is your business?"

That's why so many people move to Thailand and not Texas. I remember NE Scotland in the late 70s all these Texans telling us the way it was done in the states and how everything was so much bigger and better. We all hated them.

This could be an interesting thread!

O.K.

Just for giggles...

Ask them why they help themselves to everything I grow in my garden before I get a chance to eat any of it??

Ask why they assume that if they are awake at 4 am, it's o.k. to make as much noise as possible and wake every one else up too?

That's only two questions, but I sure you will get hundreds!

• Like 1

Now I suddenly understand Thai-men much better! They are just doing like Buddha.

Why do Thai blokes flush the urinal before taking a piss?

Funny man, I was curious also so I have asked one friendly Thai guy in tennis court's toilet.

He answered he doesn't know why he does it but he remembered this came in his primary school, where the school teacher told to pupils, they have to do this reason their own health and hygiene.

This is a huge wasting of water cause in "man" section all of them do it.

Thai kids are taught at primary school that a typical Thai squat toilet must have water poured before a crap. (It helps prevent the crap sticking to the porcelain when it is flushed).

Because this is inculcated from an early age it sticks in their mind to do it, but the reason for doing it has been forgotten. Hence they often will be seen flushing the urinal before use.

This is a prime example of just how effective brainwashing is when started at an early age. It becomes automatic throughout life. The Roman Catholic Church used this technique to great effect. "Give us a child until it is 8yrs of age and we will have it for life", was their mantra.

You flush the urinal because sometimes other people forgot to flush after they finish their business. If you pee, don't you worry that sometimes the splashe would cause other people residul urine to come in contact with your genital. If you don't know that and think it's a brain washed thing, you'll be please to know that might be how you've gotten that blisters on your genital.

Now I suddenly understand Thai-men much better! They are just doing like Buddha.

Of couse, not only you understand them, you are talking like a typical Thai. The questions that have been raised here can be found in any Thai forum, be it pantip.com guru.google.co.th. If you can read any of it, you'll be please to know that general Thai also ask the same questions.

These are not the kind of question any farangs foreign to Thai environment would care to raise. They are raised by a concerned Thai so that people become aware of some bad habits they themselves practice.

So welcome to being Thai. cheesy.gif

Edited by txp158
  • Like 1

Only thing I never understood about some Thai-parents, is how they can live with sending their daughters work in GoGo bars - and call them constantly for to have them send more and more money (even after they have built the house and bought the pick-up truck).

How they as parents can do that and live with themselves, I will never understand... Maybe you can ask that? Personally, I would rather work myself to death, than send my daughter into prostitution. But I guess these parents will not be members of that site anyway...

Most of the time they don't know, as it entails massive loss of face in the village. Those who do find out usually fall out with their kids.

No parents in Thailand send their kids to sell their body in order to support them - that's a myth (that I've seen twice conveyed in Western documentaries about the country, shockingly enough).

Most of the parents know, but since it is wildely acceptable now that it is considered normal. The more money they bring home, the better it is. Some parents brag about how much their daughters can make in a day by being prostitution. It is sad but it is reality. I wish the girls would stay in school and finish at least high school. Prostitution should not be the resource, but who am I kidding?

Thanks for this straight answer, showing that the parents do know what is going on and are even pushing the girls further to make even more money for them. Because as you say yourself, that is the sad reality.

I hope the Farangs believing otherwise, see that this is not a myth! All I can say is great in-laws to have!

Every time I've discussed this with villagers (from Ubon, Khon Kaen and Songkhla to be precise), having a daughter working in the sex trade is one of the few things actually looked down upon by people, and brings nothing but shame on the families concerned, who would much rather it not be known.

I've known several girls who "go with farangs" during my time in Phuket and Pattaya - they certainly didn't let their families know about it, and lied about their occupation. Most of their money didn't go to the folks anyway, they squandered it on themselves.

Now of course there are bad apples everywhere and that can't be avoided - usually always in the same circles involving drugs, loans and indeed prostitution - but I've yet to hear of parents literally asking their kid to go sleep with foreigners to provide funds. It probably happens but it certainly isn't widespread.

O.K.

Just for giggles...

Ask them why they help themselves to everything I grow in my garden before I get a chance to eat any of it??

Ask why they assume that if they are awake at 4 am, it's o.k. to make as much noise as possible and wake every one else up too?

I live next a building that plays announcements every so often during the morning & I absolutely hate it !

This is between 6am - 6:30 around the same time I wake up for work.

O.K.

Just for giggles...

I live next a building that plays announcements every so often during the morning & I absolutely hate it !

This is between 6am - 6:30 around the same time I wake up for work.

A shame everyone lose face, if someone comments it and asks for the noise to stop :-) So instead it just goes on... A bit like corruption.

Edited by khunpa

My point was that you don't know enough about Thailand to make references to Thai Buddhism. You wrote, "wais to every single wat they come along,." They don't. They sometimes wai Chinese roadside shrines but certainly not ever Wat (Chiang Mai has 250 Wats the folk would look like bobbleheads in the song tau). If you knew anything about Buddhism you could have given me the counter point to my claim about the wife and child as many Buddhists would have done.

Why do people like you who don't live in Thailand and don't know much about it like to slam it so much?

Edited by thailiketoo

Please take an honest look at what you just wrote. You begin your post by complaining about the behavior of so-called Buddhists (who may, of course, not really be Buddhist at all). But why should you consider yourself justified in writing such hateful things about Buddhist? Just look at some of the hateful things you've said about Buddhists in your post: You basically refer to ALL Buddhists in Thailand as greedy, animal torturing back stabbers with no sense of worth.

In my 24 years of living I've never replied to criticism as arrogant, pretentious & cocky as this post.

So here goes!

YOU'RE NOT QUALIFIED: Not in the sense that don't meet the minimum requirements to have an opinion, but because you haven't qualified your opinion. That's because nobody knows who you are. In order for anyone to give a sh_t about your opinion on TV, we need a frame of reference of who you are, where you come from and your contribution to this forum. You on the other hand are nobody.

Thank you and have a nice day :)

• Like 1

My point was that you don't know enough about Thailand to make references to Thai Buddhism. You wrote, "wais to every single wat they come along,." They don't. They sometimes wai Chinese roadside shrines but certainly not ever Wat (Chiang Mai has 250 Wats the folk would look like bobbleheads in the song tau). If you knew anything about Buddhism you could have given me the counter point to my claim about the wife and child as many Buddhists would have done.

Why do people like you who don't live in Thailand and don't know much about it like to slam it so much?

Don't worry, I've been living here long enough that I don't need to brag about that in every second post. Is it not even a little bit understandable that I'm not quite happy with this double moral? I've been working with Pig Teck Tung for some time, and I stopped counting how many doctors denied seriously wounded people to be accepted in the emergency room. Yeah, and these doctors call themselves Buddhist. That's what I mean. And I expected you to be smart enough to know that this is of course not related to every single Buddhist. But some.

Please take an honest look at what you just wrote. You begin your post by complaining about the behavior of so-called Buddhists (who may, of course, not really be Buddhist at all). But why should you consider yourself justified in writing such hateful things about Buddhist? Just look at some of the hateful things you've said about Buddhists in your post: You basically refer to ALL Buddhists in Thailand as greedy, animal torturing back stabbers with no sense of worth.

In my 24 years of living I've never replied to criticism as arrogant, pretentious & cocky as this post.

So here goes!

YOU'RE NOT QUALIFIED: Not in the sense that don't meet the minimum requirements to have an opinion, but because you haven't qualified your opinion. That's because nobody knows who you are. In order for anyone to give a sh_t about your opinion on TV, we need a frame of reference of who you are, where you come from and your contribution to this forum. You on the other hand are nobody.

Thank you and have a nice day smile.png

Kirsty ... don't worry about kandi too much.

They usually have to yell because they have little of substance to say.

Edited by David48

uhm...Thai also say the same thing. It's just a little hurtful to see it coming out from a farang's mouth. But again as I've said before, any farangs with this kind of attitude or knowledge, they aren't really farang. They are Thai with abnormal pigmentation of skin and slightly diferent skull structure.

Edited by txp158

Geeze ... I hope this thread doesn't get closed before thaiblether comes back with all these answers!

thaiblether ... if you get paid an hourly rate ... I reckon there's a fair bit of overtime in the wings ... whistling.gif

This could all get very confusing.

Reckon a new sub-forum is required to handle this. 'Thai people answer farang questions'.

It's not a bad idea.

Geeze ... I hope this thread doesn't get closed before thaiblether comes back with all these answers!

thaiblether ... if you get paid an hourly rate ... I reckon there's a fair bit of overtime in the wings ... whistling.gif

This could all get very confusing.

Reckon a new sub-forum is required to handle this. 'Thai people answer farang questions'.

It's not a bad idea.

I'll be glad to answer them all now in Thai language.