Tearful Yingluck vows to fight on

webfact

You say Yingluck's government lies and cheats people, example? If Yingluck has 'cheated' then that's up to an independent prosecutor to prosecute whatever she did. I think what she meant when she said the government cannot control the parliament is that any MP can put thru, for example, an Amnesty Bill, it then gets voted on. The 'rice scam' your talking about is a farm subsidy, OK? ever heard of a farm subsidy? We have them in the US and historically they have been controversial, here a big reason for the subsidy is that Vietnam is able to sell it's rice for cheaper than Thailand can, and Thailand is trying to protect it's export.. a controversial bill is not a 'scam'

The fact is that Yingluck has not done anything illegal. The notion that Thaksin is actually the 'real' PM via Skype is ridiculous; it in not illegal for the PM to call someone and ask advise. Have you ever heard of 'Reagan Republicans' in the US, these House members that try to do what they think Reagan would do.. it is not illegal for a PM model their policies based on their parties ideology or another politicians policies. SHE is the one that was elected PM and she is doing the job.

Suthep is not elected, and he is not doing a job, he is protesting and making rambling speeches every night. He claims to be the 'secretary general' of the PDRC-something that has become an international joke.. there's gonna be a 'people's council' the PDRC gets to select 100 members, the other members are 'smart people'.. oh Paleese, nobody is taking his balouny seriously..

They DID eliminate Thaksin and the TRT,PPP,PT DID NOT collapse, now your saying that if they just eliminate his entire family and friends network..the PT party will collapse, it will not, this is what we learned from the coup.

If you have a look at my signature and if you would take the time to visit the protests last Sunday you will realize that many people are really angry. This government is using billions of dollars to facilitate their own. They lie and cheat the people. Have a look at Yingluck talking to Aljazeera. She still tried to claim that government cannot control parliament. She said she had nothing to do with this whitewash bill. She really knows how to make people angry. I won't even go into the rice scam.

Yes Suthep could be replaced (but not easy, the guy has energy) but he is doing a good job and he has a lot of support.

Look at PT. 1=Yingluck, 2=Somchai, 4=Surapong. All family members in those spots because they can't trust others. Eliminate Thaksin and PT will collapse.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You say Yingluck's government lies and cheats people, example? If Yingluck has 'cheated' then that's up to an independent prosecutor to prosecute whatever she did. I think what she meant when she said the government cannot control the parliament is that any MP can put thru, for example, an Amnesty Bill, it then gets voted on. The 'rice scam' your talking about is a farm subsidy, OK? ever heard of a farm subsidy? We have them in the US and historically they have been controversial, here a big reason for the subsidy is that Vietnam is able to sell it's rice for cheaper than Thailand can, and Thailand is trying to protect it's export.. a controversial bill is not a 'scam'

The fact is that Yingluck has not done anything illegal. The notion that Thaksin is actually the 'real' PM via Skype is ridiculous; it in not illegal for the PM to call someone and ask advise. Have you ever heard of 'Reagan Republicans' in the US, these House members that try to do what they think Reagan would do.. it is not illegal for a PM model their policies based on their parties ideology or another politicians policies. SHE is the one that was elected PM and she is doing the job.

Suthep is not elected, and he is not doing a job, he is protesting and making rambling speeches every night. He claims to be the 'secretary general' of the PDRC-something that has become an international joke.. there's gonna be a 'people's council' the PDRC gets to select 100 members, the other members are 'smart people'.. oh Paleese, nobody is taking his balouny seriously..

They DID eliminate Thaksin and the TRT,PPP,PT DID NOT collapse, now your saying that if they just eliminate his entire family and friends network..the PT party will collapse, it will not, this is what we learned from the coup.

If you have a look at my signature and if you would take the time to visit the protests last Sunday you will realize that many people are really angry. This government is using billions of dollars to facilitate their own. They lie and cheat the people. Have a look at Yingluck talking to Aljazeera. She still tried to claim that government cannot control parliament. She said she had nothing to do with this whitewash bill. She really knows how to make people angry. I won't even go into the rice scam.

Yes Suthep could be replaced (but not easy, the guy has energy) but he is doing a good job and he has a lot of support.

Look at PT. 1=Yingluck, 2=Somchai, 4=Surapong. All family members in those spots because they can't trust others. Eliminate Thaksin and PT will collapse.

Hahaha your defense of this corrupt government is admirable! I've never heard such well argued BS before! What you've written is BS but well written nonetheless! clap2.gif

• Like 1

Hahaha your defense of this corrupt government is admirable! I've never heard such well argued BS before! What you've written is BS but well written nonetheless! clap2.gif

Keep whistling in the dark; Yingluck's support is growing as people realise what the alternative is. I think you know that only more killings and a coup can stop her re-election. But you would welcome that.

Man, you've been completely brainwashed. You really think she had no idea/control about the Amnesty Bill? If Yingluck came out now and said, Santa Claus does exist, you'd run and put mince pies by your chimney.

People who cheat, lie, manipulate, who become cornered or are exposed will try and lie their way out of it, full of denial. Just listen to serial killers and pedophiles, always in denial and using their lies as some sort of way of avoiding guilt from within. It comes no different to people in power, to playing the political game. She is playing a very good political ploy here, knowing her tears will gain sympathy from millions around the globe, with them thinking "what nasty protesters making a woman cry". She knows many Thais and many farang living here will see through it, but what does she care? For the TV and the media, the neutrals, the ones who are bit short in the brain cell department, the Yingluck devotees and the rest of globe, will buy it.

A woman in tears will garner more sympathy than a red-faced vein pumping mad looking Suthep that's for sure. You've been suckered into it, that's all.

Edited by Hawkman

Keep whistling in the dark; Yingluck's support is growing as people realise what the alternative is. I think you know that only more killings and a coup can stop her re-election. But you would welcome that.

I certainly don't want any more blood shed, whether it's red, multicolor or police. However, if a coup is the only way to get rid of her corrupt government and stop this violence, then yes I would welcome one.

• Like 1

This is the inconvenient truth, to a point it could be argued no doubt that within the madness of make it up as you go along politics here Yingluck could well have done some things that are illegal. all your other points are correct 100% leader without exception take advise every day.. even the despots

We also know full well that any party be it PT PTP PPR BBC CNN ITV if it opposes the yellows ( i will no longer use the name democrats because they are not ) will be in all futures whether thaksin is in country or dubai or planet mars be accused of being run by him.... totally nuts but also true... itll always be cited as an excuse now.

I really dont have any love for some of their policies and others have been catastrophic but they arnt anything others havnt tried elsewhere and this is how democracy and a stable government works.

not going into the corruption and all that just for once because corruption here is endemic whoever is in. ... its quite simple you believe in the law and follow it or you have no law at all,... and that dosnt mean making new ones up every 3 or 4 years just because you can...... you believe in one vote for all or you dont and that dosnt mean suspending the voting system while the kids go and and huddle in the corner and try to figure out how things can be changed in the voting system.

Either you believe in law or you believe in chaos. Law is the harder road it brings up many inconvenient issues but it also protects everyone too.

Either you believe in equality or you dont... many of us do, some have forgotten what its like and too many here have never had it so have no clue what it really is or takes to maintain it...

PS Happy new year to you too ginjag.

This is the inconvenient truth, to a point it could be argued no doubt that within the madness of make it up as you go along politics here Yingluck could well have done some things that are illegal. all your other points are correct 100% leader without exception take advise every day.. even the despots

We also know full well that any party be it PT PTP PPR BBC CNN ITV if it opposes the yellows ( i will no longer use the name democrats because they are not ) will be in all futures whether thaksin is in country or dubai or planet mars be accused of being run by him.... totally nuts but also true... itll always be cited as an excuse now.

I really dont have any love for some of their policies and others have been catastrophic but they arnt anything others havnt tried elsewhere and this is how democracy and a stable government works.

not going into the corruption and all that just for once because corruption here is endemic whoever is in. ... its quite simple you believe in the law and follow it or you have no law at all,... and that dosnt mean making new ones up every 3 or 4 years just because you can...... you believe in one vote for all or you dont and that dosnt mean suspending the voting system while the kids go and and huddle in the corner and try to figure out how things can be changed in the voting system.

Either you believe in law or you believe in chaos. Law is the harder road it brings up many inconvenient issues but it also protects everyone too.

Either you believe in equality or you dont... many of us do, some have forgotten what its like and too many here have never had it so have no clue what it really is or takes to maintain it...

PS Happy new year to you too ginjag.

Funny you should mention the 'law'. The Shinawatra gang are famous for not accepting verdicts or judgements against them and are more then happy to let their followers intimidate the judiciary. They are however very happy to use the very samecourts against their opponents. Paraphrasing you, you either follow the law or you believe in chaos. But I guess it's okay because they do follow the law when it benefits them so so it's not entire chaos.

So many hateful attitudes of people here its pathetic and I pity you.

Nearly all of you would probably shit your pants if you suddenly had to deal with this kind of situation. If she stays people will spout crap if she goes youll call her a coward and still spout crap, meanwhile in the wings you have a fascist nutjob and regime undemocratic as can be taking the piss out of everyone by using the very word it spits on, laughing and abusing democracy at every turn.... really unintelligent thai child like mentalities some seem to have contracted here.

BTW if she was to step down it would only be followed by yet another demand and another and another etc etc etc .... everyone after all is run by Thaksin if its not the DEMS right ? including the world press and all other democratic government's xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

There wont ever be enough done to please this yellow mob and its nutcase leader unless its all one way... and dont think for one second this clown Suthep and the cronies behind it care one shit about real reform or you or the people... if you get what you crave itll become all too clear all too soon what you get will be not what your being promised now. And youll have yourselves to thank for being so blind.

You reap what you sow, I dont care about Yingluck and shes reaping it and judging by some people here you got a lot of bad karma coming on you too and well deserved. wai2.gif alt=wai2.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1722055545>

Agree with these sentiments.

So what if she cried ? Maybe some people think it shows weakness... others might say it shows she is human.

The cheap,scornfull filled attacks on Yingluck reveal more about the type of person the poster is rather than on Yingluck herself.

A problem is the (family) are not very good listeners, never have been. if something hurts and it is genuine it hits hard and you try to mend it, BUT NOT YOUR WAY --you should see the light realize what you were doing was wrong and put it right. my belief is it is not genuine --photo ops--tv appeals-feel sorry for me--I did my best--so if you did your best no one could ask you for more ....bow out, and tell your family to do likewise

Carry on -- for what purpose?

For the Thai people?

Why not start over without any connection to Thaksin?

Why does she think she is so key?

Has she done a great job?

Did she come into the job with any significant qualifications in the first place except for nepotism?

Does their party have no purpose unless the leadership is directly connected to Thaksin?

"Did she come into the job with any significant qualifications in the first place except for nepotism?"

Err how about a bachelors and a masters degree, both in public administration.

Answer your question???

Can you do a better job? and just what are your qualifications? w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1451809591 width=18 height=20>

Gee you really are a glutton for punishment, aren't you ?

I know people working in low paid government jobs in Thailand with more qualifications than this overrated harpy !

Yingluck knows how to appeal for sympathy, she is Thai, and I bet within seconds of her photo op ending those croc tears had dried up.

A big thanks to all the Yingluck fans who have contributed to this discussion, I have not laughed so much in a long time, plus your amazing comments reminded me it was time to fertilize the vegetable garden. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Yea but then who the heck is gonna be PM! I have asked this before and can't remember getting a clear answer. She was elected for four years, so until there is a new election she is the PM. IS it possible to extend the caretaker role for several more months? I don't think the constitution will allow that. If she is not the PM, one of the other PT MPs steps up and takes the job, that's how the system works.

She can't resign and 'hand power over to a people's council ' like these PDRC idiots are demanding she do.. she doesn't posses this 'power'

Someone who isn't a relative of Thaksin could take over!!

PTP were elected. A majority of MPs then elected Yingluck PM. In 2008, there were 2 replacement PMs elected - Somchai and Abhisit. Even Thaksin appointed a new care-taker PM after the failed 2006 election.

• Like 1

GRRR.. then who's gonna be PM? what don't the 'SheShouldResign' people understand? If it's not her it has to be some other PT MP.. Its called the rule-of-law as opposed to the rule of MOBs, in the rule of law, you have a set of rules and procedures.. she is following them.

the EC said the election should be delayed but they did not advise a legal way it cold be done so their empty statement is dismissed.

Yes. It would have to be another MP, not necessarily PTP though. BUT, even if it was a PTP MP (not related to Thaksin), it would still solve a lot of issues that the protesters have.

• Like 1

Yes. It would have to be another MP, not necessarily PTP though. BUT, even if it was a PTP MP (not related to Thaksin), it would still solve a lot of issues that the protesters have.

Their main issue is that they are a minority who want to get their way as if they were the majority: Most of the rest is froth.

GRRR.. then who's gonna be PM? what don't the 'SheShouldResign' people understand? If it's not her it has to be some other PT MP.. Its called the rule-of-law as opposed to the rule of MOBs, in the rule of law, you have a set of rules and procedures.. she is following them.

the EC said the election should be delayed but they did not advise a legal way it cold be done so their empty statement is dismissed.

Yingluck knows how to appeal for sympathy, she is Thai, and I bet within seconds of her photo op ending those croc tears had dried up.

A big thanks to all the Yingluck fans who have contributed to this discussion, I have not laughed so much in a long time, plus your amazing comments reminded me it was time to fertilize the vegetable garden. cheesy.gif

[/quote

So you're off to lie down in the garden then

Sent from my LG-P880 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yes, necessarily PT, but the parliament has already been dissolved so there are no options for a 'temp' PM, the caretaker government will at most last 3 months if the EC gets the delay it's requesting..one has to wonder what the point of a caretaker PM resigning is when the elections are so soon . You think the protesters will be satisfied if some other PT was PM, i dont think so, that PPP PM before Somchai was not a Shinawatra and they rioted when he was PM as well. There is no better option than Yingluck just worse ones.

Funny thing is that the protesters are not asking for the constitution to be scrapped, that would require a coup, that was already done, now they seem to take the approach that the constitution can just not mean anything, and you can just put this 'people's council' on top of it, or to the side of it..and the PM can just go away..she has the power to give them what they want-they think.

Edited by pkspeaker

[/quote

Sorry mate, but I refuse to react to your witty and cutting comment, my New Year resolution is to "not feed the trolls, ever" so you are out of luck.

Happy New Year and happy hunting ! clap2.gif

[/quote

Sorry mate, but I refuse to react to your witty and cutting comment, my New Year resolution is to "not feed the trolls, ever" so you are out of luck.

Happy New Year and happy hunting ! clap2.gif

"Sorry mate, but I refuse to react to your witty and cutting comment,"

Ha Ha, you just did! giggle.gif

• Like 2

What a joke. The PM is in CM inspecting roadworks when billions of Dollars dissapear in the rice scam. Why is she not inspecting that?

Because the rice scam got exposed and the road construction scam is still putting money in her and her support networks pockets, while our roads "are full of rocks and holes"

The road works is the new dual carriage road to property the family owns past San Khamphaeng.

What a joke. The PM is in CM inspecting roadworks when billions of Dollars dissapear in the rice scam. Why is she not inspecting that?

Because the rice scam got exposed and the road construction scam is still putting money in her and her support networks pockets, while our roads "are full of rocks and holes"

The road works is the new dual carriage road to property the family owns past San Khamphaeng.

So she's inspecting the Shinawat Estate's new drive then. wink.png

So she's inspecting the Shinawat Estate's new drive then. wink.png

That pretty much sums it up.

They are sharing it with those of us that live out this way though.

Carry on -- for what purpose?

For the Thai people?

Why not start over without any connection to Thaksin?

Why does she think she is so key?

Has she done a great job?

Did she come into the job with any significant qualifications in the first place except for nepotism?

Does their party have no purpose unless the leadership is directly connected to Thaksin?

Carry on -- for what purpose? - She is the elected Prime Minister of Thailand

For the Thai people? - Yes Over 15 million Thai people elected her party to government in the general election.

Why not start over without any connection to Thaksin? - She is his sister, she will always have a connection, you have no siblings?

Why does she think she is so key? - As acting PM she has to go ahead with the election that was called by royal decree.

Has she done a great job? - That will be for the Thai people to decide on 2nd Feb (or whenever)

How much you get paid for doing this comment?

500 Baht - collected by his wife.