Bangkok: Taxi driver beaten unconscious by anti-govt protesters

webfact

Taxi Driver Beaten Unconscious By Protesters
By Khaosod Online

taxi.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A taxi driver has been mobbed and beaten unconscious by anti-government protesters who were blocking Vibhavadi Road in Bangkok.

The protesters were sealing off both inbound and outbound roads, which connects Bangkok with Don Mueang Airport, at around 16.00 today when the taxi driver attempted to convince the protest guards to let him pass the blockade.

The man′s request was denied, and he scolded at the protesters for blocking the traffic, which greatly enraged the group of protesters nearby.

His car was vandalised by the protesters while the driver himself was mobbed and beaten. He was left bleeding on the ground for some time before rescue workers arrived at the scene and transported him to hospital.

His condition is not immediately known.

The protesters later withdrew from Vibhavadi Road and the traffic resumed as normal.

Full story: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9EQTFPVGt6Tmc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2013-12-26

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a disgrace!!! The taxi driver is just trying to earn a decent living!!! Perhaps the demonstrators thought he was a nobody? Or a Taksin loyalist because many taxi drivers come from Esan? Why was this allowed to happen?

So if he were a Thaksin loyalist or came from Isan, this would be OK then?

• Like 1

Just political thuggery -- Thai style. Anyone who gets in the way is beaten down -- literally.

Anyone who believes that Suthep and his well-heeled supporters don't want total insurrection is missing the "big picture" perspective.

This will just continue escalate and nothing good will come of it. Get the body bags ready.

• Like 2

Something I wonder about as the country slowly descends into mob rule, will farangs become targets for their rage? I keep hearing that many Thais hate us and only put up with us because we spend money. I don't know how true this is or even what percentage hate us if it is true but something to think about perhaps.

Who was the witness of this?

Me.

Here are more photos taken at the scene.

most taxi in bangkok are rented ..some 12 hours etc..so the owner may be a yellow shirt...he wont be happy

Given the look of that injury, he may well be dead...

Think of the people trying to get to Don Muang for a flight. They suddenly closed down both Vipawadee and the toll way.

Only option, on to a jam packed Pahonyothin. sad.png

2wNFYh4.jpg

Shutting down the main way to an airport, a policeman shot dead, a good few other policemen shot. Starting to get serious.

Imagine if that stadium of Red Shirts wasn't sent home.

Edited by 1ma
  • Like 2

som nom na .... find it hard to feel sorry for a taxi driver after seeing one of his own kill a man with a sword for a couple baht.

Last year a taxi driver stopped and helped me change a flat tyre on petchburi and wouldn't accept a single baht for his trouble so yeah some nam nah to this poor bastard. And some folks on here consider thais to be dumb shits.

Yup. Couple of years back, taxi driver taking me to Morchit 2 bus station tried to refuse the fare because he found out I lived in the next village to his home in Issan.

• Like 2

So I think you can put your mind at ease. An anti-Western pogrom is most, most, most unlikely. Unless against me by my wife, of course.

Uh huh.

Wait- you claim to an education- hasn't your education prepared you for the xenophobia that accompanies all fascist movements?

What Nutocracy that your PhD lilluminated did NOT include blaming the 'other'.?

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

Something I wonder about as the country slowly descends into mob rule, will farangs become targets for their rage? I keep hearing that many Thais hate us and only put up with us because we spend money. I don't know how true this is or even what percentage hate us if it is true but something to think about perhaps.

Fairly weak attempt at trolling.

I hear many Thais love us. Especially 'long time'!

• Like 2