Bangkok: Taxi driver beaten unconscious by anti-govt protesters

webfact

Time to get some international visibility and concerns about safety in Thailand, more is better. When it starts to hurt someone's backpocket hard enough this non-sense will end or at least they start talks behind scenes(money rules and there is nothing worse than bad business).

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgraceful attack on a man trying to earn a living but its a sign of the sheer contempt that the hi so protesters show for the rest of the Thai Population. The government must stand firm against this thuggery and intimidation.

How many shop and hotel workers lost their living because of the reds at Central?

Sheer contempt by the reds for their fellow working class gang.

Difference was, the reds were paid to be there and if they say Hi So, the media is immediately on their side.

Please tell me how thaksin, with his billions and overseas education, and yingluck, with her millions worth of watches, handbags, etc, Chalerm with his pink Bentley, and the rest of their gang, are not the Elite?

Getting pretty desperate now for some way to gloss over the present thuggery, eh? I don't remember shop workers and hotel workers being beaten to a pulp by the red-shirts, but if the Suthep lie machine now says that was the case, I suppose we'll have to accept it!

I hope the foolish pro-Suthep posters here are feeling proud of the bloodshed and carnage that these thugs have unleashed on the real people of Thailand, or were they fooled by Suthep's clever use of the old grannies and fun day outers that he used in the earlier marches to give the impression that his lot were the real people? Now, of course, we see Suthep's real "brown shirts" siezing the streets and bludgeoning anybody who gets in their way. A lesson from history perhaps?

• Like 1

Obviously the protestors must have been in the pay of the man in Dubai. There can be no other explanations for the Nation media outlets and their foreign lapdogs

Am I missing something here? They were anti-government protestors. Why would they be paid by Thaksin?

Same same Red taxi driver got hack in the head, it was isolated and much regretted, but that does not stop the "People" struggle.

Well putting aside the "red" taxi driver comment for another day I feel sure you'd hold the same stance of an "isolated and much regretted" incident in the " people's struggle" if it were a member of your family flat out in the street.

We all have family members that was killed in the Wars.

My grandfather was killed by a village mob accused of being a communist (not true, he wasn't).

Yes it happened. My grandmother have to raised the kids single handed.

All was forgiven, but not forgotten. It is part of the struggle to eradication of communism for the better of all.

Anyone who uses the 'can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs' has lost the argument for good.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Something I wonder about as the country slowly descends into mob rule, will farangs become targets for their rage? I keep hearing that many Thais hate us and only put up with us because we spend money. I don't know how true this is or even what percentage hate us if it is true but something to think about perhaps.

I walked among the crowd at Metropolitan police headquarters a few weeks ago, I could hear people say "farang this & farang that..."

It might have been ****Thai language removed**** pa​ lang - energy, power, strength - a staple phrase in rousing political speeches . .

(btw, I posted this yesterday and it got deleted - What? Too inflammatory?

Edited by metisdead
Thai language edited out of post. This is an English language forum, English is the only acceptable language, except in the Thai language forum where Thai language is allowed.

The poor guy went into a coma and died ......

All those in the clip smashing up his car whilst hes bleeding out are cowardly filth, this was not a flash point zone nor a riot or anything but supposed protesters peacefully blockading a road, yes right ... this guy was trying to work and basically got killed for driving a F###### taxi.

Dont even dare to try and justify it,

Oh but they will, englishoak, they certainly will! Indeed if you look at this thread already, the Suthep apologists have sunk to a new low in their fanaticism. And that's just the posts that haven't been wlsely deleted for their obscene sniggering at the poor devil left dying in the street.

Something I wonder about as the country slowly descends into mob rule, will farangs become targets for their rage? I keep hearing that many Thais hate us and only put up with us because we spend money. I don't know how true this is or even what percentage hate us if it is true but something to think about perhaps.

I walked among the crowd at Metropolitan police headquarters a few weeks ago, I could hear people say "farang this & farang that..."

It might have been พลัง pa​ lang - energy, power, strength - a staple phrase in rousing political speeches . .

There's a rule on the forum where all problems inherent moderation are prohibited on the forum, you should have asked with a pm to any moderator the reason of post deleting.

• Like 1

It might have been พลัง pa​ lang - energy, power, strength - a staple phrase in rousing political speeches . .

I did not hear this ("falang") in the speeches, but in the crowd. .

What I heard was people in the tightly packed crowd commenting on the fact that a "falang" was at their party & "look, he's taking photos." There did not seem to be malice to it, rather, just a tone of surprise.

The comparison with the 2010 UDD rally is probably not valid as the red shirts were "living" at Ratchaprasong. The Suthep-led folks were obviously just out for the Sunday afternoon. The big Siam malls were all closed, too, which may have pissed a few people off.

Anyways, the fact that I am a farang is pointed out to me on a regular basis...

There is a report earlier this morning on the news site we can't quote from that names the taxi driver and reports, according to a facebook page, how he is now in a stable condition in Phra Mongkut Hospital after having a rusty nail removed from the side of his head. Let's hope he survives what looks like a life threatening attack.

Talking to the mrs now on the phone and she tells me one of the protesters died in hospital 3am this morning.

He was shot in the liver and had an operation which used up over 100 units of blood but could not be saved.

Says many of the protesters were badly beaten by the cops,

Also she talked to the nurse who's vehicle was attached by the cops, the girl was very shocked but wants to carry on helping people.

fire into the crowd and watch them scatter like the cowards they are!

More instability on display.

Do you have to point out and quote any violence post around? Not that smart, I'd say.

Just noting the proliferation of death threat-like posts on this thread.

If that is uncomfortable to read them being highlighted, I'd say that's a good thing.

• Like 1

There is a report earlier this morning on the news site we can't quote from that names the taxi driver and reports, according to a facebook page, how he is now in a stable condition in Phra Mongkut Hospital after having a rusty nail removed from the side of his head. Let's hope he survives what looks like a life threatening attack.

That is the BEST news ive heard for weeks here if correct. smile.png

Same same Red taxi driver got hack in the head, it was isolated and much regretted, but that does not stop the "People" struggle.

Well putting aside the "red" taxi driver comment for another day I feel sure you'd hold the same stance of an "isolated and much regretted" incident in the " people's struggle" if it were a member of your family flat out in the street.

We all have family members that was killed in the Wars.

My grandfather was killed by a village mob accused of being a communist (not true, he wasn't).

Yes it happened. My grandmother have to raised the kids single handed.

All was forgiven, but not forgotten. It is part of the struggle to eradication of communism for the better of all.

Apparently the guy was annoyed that he couldn't get through and rightfully (and sadly as has been proven stupidly) made his thoughts known which resulted in him getting a kicking so rather than some romantic notion of the eradication of anything it's the commonplace Thai mob mentality when their blood lust is up. Same as that poor mentally disturbed chap at Erawan shrine, the red shirt/yellow shirt/every couour of the rainbow shirt or the bloke at Makkasan Airport Link who got a hiding for taking a picture of a taxi who refused to take him where he wanted to go.

Peaceful protest! (Yeah, yeah ...in 2010...red shirts thugs...blah blah blah...)

Yes indeed thumbsup.gif and don't forget the fundamental difference. Whatever the red shirts did in 2010, they were fighting for their legitimate right to vote and for democracy.

These protesters are using violence to prevent ordinary people from having the right to vote and are sabotaging democracy. It's disgusting bah.gif

Even if the taxi driver was a red sympathiser... SO BLOODY WHAT? If Khaosod's article is accurate, then the taxi driver had every right to ask or request to be let through. After all, he was only trying to make a living, driving a taxi and, who are these thugs to stop people from making a few baht? In hindsight, maybe the taxi driver shouldn't have lost it and started scolding the mob. It's a herd mentality out there now - you piss off one, you piss off all. Still, he shouldn't be beaten like that. Democracy my f*****g arse. It is no longer a democracy when you stop someone from doing something completely legal and within his/her own rights. There is no more high ground. These thugs are fast approaching the same level of their red counterparts in 2010.

I don't like the red thugs, and I don't condone the mob behaviour of the current crop either. Or the closure of the airport in 2008. All this while, I have said that at least, the current swarm hasn't started burning anything yet. But at the rate things are going, or deteriorating, I'd say the leaders had better arrest the situation, before the protesters turn into nothing but a swarm of stinking maggots.

• Like 2

The poor guy went into a coma and died ......

All those in the clip smashing up his car whilst hes bleeding out are cowardly filth, this was not a flash point zone nor a riot or anything but supposed protesters peacefully blockading a road, yes right ... this guy was trying to work and basically got killed for driving a F###### taxi.

Dont even dare to try and justify it,

I am really serious when i say that if that poor taxi driver was a relation of mine, i would personally hunt down the instigator of this crime. His name is Suthep, and make him pay the ultimate price for what he has done.

It appears that the dead taxi driver got better.

Now let's see all the gossip believing, kangaroo court but cases on here retract their useless blame game posts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep's "peaceful-protest-followers" begin to show their true colors.

I feel disgusted at all the so-called "intellectuals" at universities like mine who have backed this sheep-in-wolve's-clothing over the past months, including signing statements of support for this anti-democracy fascist movement. Wonder if any of those academics studied the history of the rise of fascism in Germany prior to WW2? The parallels are multiplying.

• Like 2