Where can I purchase a house like this?

I would like to Buy, Rent, Build a home like this in Thailand in a nice peaceful tranquil area. Maybe on a lake or stream, but certainly surrounded by greenery as shown in the picture.post-195864-0-04704900-1388111971_thumb.

Can anyone tell me where I should begin to look for a home like this with beautiful surroundings?

Thank you!

If you do not care about cost.....call every real estate office located in cities of provinces you like and ask them to get a wood house for you.....may take some time and luck until you found what you like....but

If you care about cost....the best way is to buy a piece of land you like, and later find a house to transplant on it....

Yes..transplant.

You can find old beautiful teak wood houses in wood demolition material yards. If you do like restoration of vintage homes, there many old houses yards in big cities....or

You can get a house plan and find a wood homes contractor...or

Buy a prefabricated wood new home and settled on the lot...

If you are located around Chiang Mai - Lamphun - Phrae - Lampang - Phayao - Chiang Rai areas I may have some info about....

I am an architect...and I like wood houses very much.

• Like 2

If you had provided more information it would not have been necessary to assume. At least now I don't have to make any assumptions about your attitude.tongue.png.pagespeed.ce.JwCxzAWj6x.png alt=tongue.png pagespeed_url_hash=3761137055 width=20 height=20>

So apparently the OP is well traveled, has seem many parts of Thailand and loves one room bungalows. Also seems to know Thailand is a big place with lakes, streams and plants but is not willing to narrow things down to a region or town, which would be helpful.

I posted a picture and I asked the question,

"Can anyone tell me where I should begin to look for a home like this with beautiful surroundings?"

What more specific information do you need?

Your response, "get out and travel around a bit" is not really an answer to my question is it?

That looks like hotel accommodation and can be found all around Thailand in scenic locations. Get out and travel around a bit. See Thailand and see how you like living in these one room bungalows. Along the way you may discover a place which is right for you.

How do you just assume I have not already "gotten out and traveled around a bit"?, How do you assume that I have not seen many parts of Thailand? How do you assume that I haven't already lived in many one room bungalows and love it?

Thailand is a big place and I asked a specific question about a specific product to help me with my research. You gave a generalized answer based on nothing. Thanks I guess!

Jeez, you asked an extremely general question about a 'house' which looks like something you would find in hundreds of resorts around Thailand (thousands if you include the 'hong pak' along the highways) , and then get all prickly when you get a 'generalised answer based on nothing'

Well, you gave 'nothing' in your question, so that's what you can expect in return.

You'll get a more useful response if you give more information in the first place.

Seeing as you have already travelled extensively in Thailand, where do you want to have this 'house'? Do you have Thai friends or family that could help with the ownership issues if you wanted to buy a place like that? Do you know someone who has land where you could have something like that built?

Give more and you will get more.

• Like 1

You can find the builder, the lands, just outside of Phitsanulok on hwy 12 after wang thong toward LumSuk 40 -50 minutes from city and Central plaza. It will also be half the price of most anywhere South of Phitsanulok - the weather is cooler, the air cleaner and the the water is fine - stay away from the flat lands and get in the hills.

That looks like hotel accommodation and can be found all around Thailand in scenic locations. Get out and travel around a bit. See Thailand and see how you like living in these one room bungalows. Along the way you may discover a place which is right for you.

How do you just assume I have not already "gotten out and traveled around a bit"?, How do you assume that I have not seen many parts of Thailand? How do you assume that I haven't already lived in many one room bungalows and love it?

Thailand is a big place and I asked a specific question about a specific product to help me with my research. You gave a generalized answer based on nothing. Thanks I guess!

Jeez, you asked an extremely general question about a 'house' which looks like something you would find in hundreds of resorts around Thailand (thousands if you include the 'hong pak' along the highways) , and then get all prickly when you get a 'generalised answer based on nothing'

Well, you gave 'nothing' in your question, so that's what you can expect in return.

You'll get a more useful response if you give more information in the first place.

Seeing as you have already travelled extensively in Thailand, where do you want to have this 'house'? Do you have Thai friends or family that could help with the ownership issues if you wanted to buy a place like that? Do you know someone who has land where you could have something like that built?

Gee, Thanks Bittfantastic!

Actually 18 of the 20 responses were very helpful. They gave me website links while others gave me specific streets in specific towns, others gave me estimated construction costs and land purchasing tips. And a few sent me PM's with specific homes that family members have for sale.

Apparently only you and one other TV member were not able to answer my direct question but still found it necessary post a response. Some TV members are more interested in pontificating so they can see their own words on the internet rather than actually be helpful to the OP. I guess it makes them feel important or smart?

Next time I post a question on TV requesting information, you may assume that I am not directing the question directly to you, and you can move on to the next topic. You might save yourself some time that way.

But thanks for trying anyways!!

You can find the builder, the lands, just outside of Phitsanulok on hwy 12 after wang thong toward LumSuk 40 -50 minutes from city and Central plaza. It will also be half the price of most anywhere South of Phitsanulok - the weather is cooler, the air cleaner and the the water is fine - stay away from the flat lands and get in the hills.

Thank you!! this is very helpful information and it is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you also to all the other who posted answers to my question. I found it to be informative and helpful!!

If you had provided more information it would not have been necessary to assume. At least now I don't have to make any assumptions about your attitude.tongue.png

So apparently the OP is well traveled, has seem many parts of Thailand and loves one room bungalows. Also seems to know Thailand is a big place with lakes, streams and plants but is not willing to narrow things down to a region or town, which would be helpful.

why bother with an impolite arrogant peasant VF?

• Like 1

If you had provided more information it would not have been necessary to assume. At least now I don't have to make any assumptions about your attitude.tongue.png alt=tongue.png pagespeed_url_hash=3761137055>

Because he, like you Namm, are more interested in seeing their words on the internet than actually helping people.

Nang, you have 24,888 posts to TV. Did you really provide insightful useful information 24,888 times? Or did you simply insert your comments 24,888 times, as you did here, with no thought or interest in providing insight the original posters questions or comments?

As a retired school teacher I saw students that truly understand the subject at hand and try to provide insight into the topic, and I see others kids that just talk to hear their own words without using the gray matter between their ears. Just because you have 24,888 posts doesn't make you an expert, it just makes you loquacious (look it up).

If you had provided more information it would not have been necessary to assume. At least now I don't have to make any assumptions about your attitude.tongue.png alt=tongue.png pagespeed_url_hash=3761137055>

Because he, like you Namm, are more interested in seeing their words on the internet than actually helping people.

Nang, you have 24,888 posts to TV. Did you really provide insightful useful information 24,888 times? Or did you simply insert your comments 24,888 times, as you did here, with no thought or interest in providing insight the original posters questions or comments?

As a retired school teacher I saw students that truly understand the subject at hand and try to provide insight into the topic, and I see others kids that just talk to hear their own words without using the gray matter between their ears. Just because you have 24,888 posts doesn't make you an expert, it just makes you loquacious (look it up).

my strong point is... i always recognise peasants tongue.png

• Like 2

Gee, Thanks Bittfantastic!

Actually 18 of the 20 responses were very helpful. They gave me website links while others gave me specific streets in specific towns, others gave me estimated construction costs and land purchasing tips. And a few sent me PM's with specific homes that family members have for sale.

Apparently only you and one other TV member were not able to answer my direct question but still found it necessary post a response. Some TV members are more interested in pontificating so they can see their own words on the internet rather than actually be helpful to the OP. I guess it makes them feel important or smart?

Next time I post a question on TV requesting information, you may assume that I am not directing the question directly to you, and you can move on to the next topic. You might save yourself some time that way.

But thanks for trying anyways!!

:lol: yeah, that's why I did that sonny, to make myself feel 'smart'. Even though you only have a few posts to your name, I'm sure, with your manners, you'll fit right in here. There's plenty of opportunity to jump down the throats of people trying to help you.

Nicely done ;)

• Like 1