1 Brit Dead And 2 Severely Injured In Road Accident

Rimmer

1 Brit Dead And 2 Severely Injured In Road Accident

pdn224.jpg

A British man was killed and 2 were severely in a road accident involving a 10 wheeled milk transporter and a 4x4 jeep. The victims were trapped in the 4x4 and it took 30 minutes for rescuers to cut them free.

SATTAHIP – December 27, 2013 [PDN]; at 12.10 a.m. Pol. Capt. Saijai Khamjulla (Investigation police on duty of Sattahip police station) was notified that there was a car accident where a jeep rear-ended (crashed at the back) a 10-wheeled truck killing one passenger and injuring the other two. The incident occurred on the Sukhumvit road, 165thkm., Sattahip – Pattaya route, 50 meters before Ban Bang Sarey community school, Moo 8 Tambon Bang Sarey, Amphur Sattahip, Chonburi province. He rushed to inspect the scene together with the rescuers of Sawangrojjanatharmmasatharn Sattahip foundation.

At the accident the officers found a white Isuzu 10-wheeled truck, license number 78-3539 Bangkok which transports cow’s milk and belongs to Patcharasinee 42 Co., Ltd. Mr. Aphichet Phongbooppha, aged 33, Roi Ed resident, was the driver and hadn’t sustained any injury and was waiting for the police. About approximately 200 meters the officers found a blue jeep, license number KOR KHOR-781 Chonburi, which had sustained damaged to the front end. Mr. Jack Nash, aged 20, the driver, British nationality was dead at the scene and had sustained a fractured neck and was trapped in the jeep.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/12/27/1-brit-dead-and-2-severely-injured-in-road-accident/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-12-27

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Another fatal accident in the early hours of the morning. They always seems to occur then.

Looks like the jeep was attempting either an overtaking manoeuvre or avoidance manouevre on the offside of the truck but hit the offside with considerable force.

with everything being pushed from l/f to r/r i thinks it possible that it may have been hit by a truck reversing onto the road ?????

Not out of a side junction unless it was across both lanes as the truck damage is on the wrong side.

It looks like the jeep has gone straight into the back of the truck either due to the truck pulling across him or him not looking where he was going.

RIP.

Edited by arthurwait

with everything being pushed from l/f to r/r i thinks it possible that it may have been hit by a truck reversing onto the road ?????

Not out of a side junction unless it was across both lanes as the truck damage is on the wrong side.

It looks like the jeep has gone straight into the back of the truck either due to the truck pulling across him or him not looking where he was going.

RIP.

To me, this appears to be case of a fast moving jeep striking the rear of a slow moving or stopped heavy vehicle. This could be for many reasons, one I hinted at earlier another of course was that the milk carrier which is a large tanker had no rear lights.

The shear amount of damage to the engine Bay Area and even up to the cab shows speed has to be involved, the one question I would like to hear an answer to, is , with this amount of damage, and a deceased trapped driver, how come the jeep was 200 meters away from the impact scene

• Like 1

Not sure the injured people's names are correct, Gohn Jahe and Ge Ordan. I know British passport holders nowadays often have very un-Anglo names but I suspect a bit of Thai journalistic dyslexia coming into play here.

• Like 1

RIP.

To me, this appears to be case of a fast moving jeep striking the rear of a slow moving or stopped heavy vehicle. This could be for many reasons, one I hinted at earlier another of course was that the milk carrier which is a large tanker had no rear lights.

The shear amount of damage to the engine Bay Area and even up to the cab shows speed has to be involved, the one question I would like to hear an answer to, is , with this amount of damage, and a deceased trapped driver, how come the jeep was 200 meters away from the impact scene

"Momentum". It's a well known effect of speed coupled with mass.

• Like 1

I didnt see any mention about whether the milk truck was moving or stationary-many of these huge trucks just pull a little off the main thoroughfare to park or sleep without any warning flashers or anything,no traffic reflectors to warn other drivers and this negligence causes countless accidents-one where my son was severly injured and his friend killed outright by drving into the back of the Lorrie which didnt even have reflective tailights,parked in the bike lane..

Hmmm. Another fatal accident in the early hours of the morning. They always seems to occur then.

Looks like the jeep was attempting either an overtaking manoeuvre or avoidance manouevre on the offside of the truck but hit the offside with considerable force.

We're you a traffic accident inspector in your working life? Get real,you haven't a clue what happened

I didnt see any mention about whether the milk truck was moving or stationary-many of these huge trucks just pull a little off the main thoroughfare to park or sleep without any warning flashers or anything,no traffic reflectors to warn other drivers and this negligence causes countless accidents-one where my son was severly injured and his friend killed outright by drving into the back of the Lorrie which didnt even have reflective tailights,parked in the bike lane..

the driver of the truck said he was driving along which is hard to do in a stationary truck.

• Like 2

Just drove today from my village to Udon Thani to buy some food stuff and I can tell you dangerous days are ahead with the change of year.

I saw crazy fast driving people today, even had a bus crossing a 4 lane so-called highway started slowly crossing when I was driving 100kmh.

I had no other choice that to break hard and to STOP and wait he got out of my way. I angrily horned a long time, but I guess the bus driver didn't care a split second xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

Truck drivers never look, they just do.

RIP dear chap.

If you rear end someone it is ALWAYS your fault, NO exeptions

Always leave plenty of room for the unexpected

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What if the truck had no rear lights?

well I ain't no sherlock crash invetigator either ... but... if the jeep was 200 meters away down the road from the truck he was going damn fast.... just clipped that rear end of the truck... either did some 360's or whatever to get that far away...as he sure didn't drive straight into the back and stay there like a norma "rear end" accident... hard to believe it didn't roll over a few times as well... however.. if the truck was pulled over and didn't move he is sticking out a foot into the lane... and there is one light pole that is on in the truck pic so it does look like it is a lighted part of road... I just hate the roads that have no streetlights on them here...make driving real fun...but how he smacked the right side corner of that truck and kept going is amazing with the damage to the jeep... looks like he should have came to a full stop.. or he hit it on an angle just enough to peel the left fender and hood back to kill himself and kept going... have to be 200% careful driving here... slow or fast but especially when going too fast on any roads here... anything can pop out of either side and ruin your day or your life real quick...bicycles, food carts being pushed or pedaled, motorcikes, cars, milk trucks... no lights or lights... you name it and therea re still another 1000 combinations that come at you from any direction on thai roads...been driving here 12 years and something new amazes me every day