Scooter Rental in Koh Samui?

Hi Guys,

I am currently on holiday in Koh Samui (Bo Put) and as we left car hire so late have to return the vehicle in a few days. I don't really want to be without transport as our villa is up away from the road and a bit of a walk, plus taxis are very expensive here.

I am aware that it can be a bit of a mind field renting scooters with damage blamed etc when returning so was wondering if anyone had any advice or recommendations on where to rent one from? And how much I am looking at. I also preferably do not want to hand my passport over as I work in BKK and not having that with my visa stamp etc would be a nightmare. I do however have photocopies of it with me, would that be OK?

I will usually film in HD on my phone around the bike, take pictures etc. when collecting so I can show damage if already there. Hopefully though if I get a bike from a reputable dealer this wont be necessary,

If you are around old Soi monkey, there are a few local places there. If you are heading in from Bophut lights,just after the small bridge there is on your right a small house/laundry / petrol sale on a corner (it has a sign Bophut Hills Golf club ). ladies there very good.

Otherwise just drive down the soi, towards the other end have bikes on your right.

Bang Rak - Ghost Road coming from Bang Rak about 100 meters on the left. Gai motorbikes. (Tin shack with about 8 bikes outside.) He does not take a passport and is very good. About 120 - 150 per day depending on age and model. Bigger bikes more of course.

He services all of my bikes and I always get a free loan bike when he is working on mine. Dead honest and friendly lad. Gai and Gong! (his wife)

Edited by Tropicalevo

You shouldn't be paying more than 150 bt for the Honda i125.

Anything higher than that is a scam and walk away.

Whats a "scam"? You enquire of the price. They tell you the price. You decide. If you don't like it just walk away. Its very simple, if you don't like the price walk away, no ones forcing you to buy.

Also, right now you will be very lucky to get an automatic Honda 125cc scooter. More likely 200 baht per day.

Why do people come on here giving advice thats either a hapless guess or blatantly wrong?blink.png.pagespeed.ce.1yRKwuklr5.png

If you want to talk about scams then how about money grabbing hotels forcing guests to pay for their "gala nights" on christmas/new years eve!

Totally agree!

Prices are now high season prices... many places put them up December 15... Same every year...

As do most if not all tourist destinations around the world during high season....