Court dismisses action brought by Thaksin

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not state anything in my post, I was only asking reference for that statement.

It's anyway an unconfirmed rumour from an anonymous Thai Airways staff.

By the way Thaksin's clan are a ruin for themselves. The way they deal with public opinion is a freaking joke. Even without this story, that as I said in my post, is not relevant as can't be confirmed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You ask for verification then you don't even read it. If you had you would have found out that the anonymous Thai airways staff published Thaksins daughters flight details. As usual just another longwinded blowhard with little credibility.

Did you read my post? I am giving you credit about Shinawatra family, and yes I read the article. You used the nice "longwinded blowhard" mention to me, without even understanding that I agree with you about the Shin clan, only I just don't like the support of silly proofs when there's a lot more to make them exposed.

The article did not mention that the check details in showed the luggage detail. And infact it mention that Thai Airways staff TOLD about that.

After I had a pc available (I wasn't in office today and doing researches with my mobile it wasn't easy) I did a bit of research and found this.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/8294_10152013363014835_1376904150_n.jpg

Even if the picture is true (and it could be, why not?), they bring 150 kgs of whatever out of Thailand, then they turned back. What this does add to the crimes and the mistake of the Shin clan?

You should be more careful to read my posts and to offend me...

I did not state anything in my post, I was only asking reference for that statement.

It's anyway an unconfirmed rumour from an anonymous Thai Airways staff.

By the way Thaksin's clan are a ruin for themselves. The way they deal with public opinion is a freaking joke. Even without this story, that as I said in my post, is not relevant as can't be confirmed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You ask for verification then you don't even read it. If you had you would have found out that the anonymous Thai airways staff published Thaksins daughters flight details. As usual just another longwinded blowhard with little credibility.

Did you read my post? I am giving you credit about Shinawatra family, and yes I read the article. You used the nice "longwinded blowhard" mention to me, without even understanding that I agree with you about the Shin clan, only I just don't like the support of silly proofs when there's a lot more to make them exposed.

The article did not mention that the check details in showed the luggage detail. And infact it mention that Thai Airways staff TOLD about that.

After I had a pc available (I wasn't in office today and doing researches with my mobile it wasn't easy) I did a bit of research and found this.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/8294_10152013363014835_1376904150_n.jpg

Even if the picture is true (and it could be, why not?), they bring 150 kgs of whatever out of Thailand, then they turned back. What this does add to the crimes and the mistake of the Shin clan?

Welcome back a lesser-spotted "I am not a Thaksin supporter, but...' contributor. Previously thought extinct but merely only resting.

Toxic meter grasped and pointing to the 'Not Especially Bad and You Should Not Pick On Him' marker. Good enough for an amnesty I would say!

Welcome back a lesser-spotted "I am not a Thaksin supporter, but...' contributor. Previously thought extinct but merely only resting.

Toxic meter grasped and pointing to the 'Not Especially Bad and You Should Not Pick On Him' marker. Good enough for an amnesty I would say!

Good evening Mr. I-Know-Everything-and-you-can't-have-an-opinion-different-than-mine-because-mine-is-law.

Read my post and tell where I said you should not pick on Thaksins.

Ok, You guys are right in everything and I am a fake, an idiot and a red shirt.

I will be careful to not comment your posts from now on, oracles.

By the way Thaksin's clan are a ruin for themselves. The way they deal with public opinion is a freaking joke.

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

They could have sought extradition during the military dictatorship as well. Why didn't they? The only reason I can think of is that the rest of the world knows that these are trumped up charges.

Nothing trumped up about being convicted by the courts on 5 charges. Face it, he is guilty and with more that has not not gone to trial yet. Before he had the passport he would seek asylum with countries that did not have extradition agreement with Thailand. Why do you think he had to leave the UK once found guilty. Now with his illegally obtained passport, he is free to move once again. Thank you YS govt for creating more mistrust with the people of Thailand.

He didnt he had and wife had their visas revoked so he couldn't return to the UK whilst he was out of the country on one of his "tours" when the verdict on his guilt was given.

Hes also been offered passports in a number of countries, all legal so its never been a big issue.

What he really should have done a long time ago was come home do his time and move on, hed have been out in short order and everyone would still be shouting about him running the place no doubt.

I loved the way the British Government did that! No fuss no bother, just waited until he was out of the country and cancelled his visa! How poo dee angrit is that?

However, the issue is this.

The man is clearly a gifted business manager and orator. However he shows no civil responsibility and is entirely unsuitable to be prime minister. The populist policies were only to ensure a majority and thus enable draining the state coffers into his own.

But, all Thai politicians show similar characteristics to varying extents. How do you change this?

What needs to happen is that citizens of Thailand must hold all in office accountable for their action. Do not take any excuse from them. Demand transparency. Funny, I spoke with a taxi driver, he fervently believe that he needs to let the government solve the problem themselves. This is the kind of "Lazy" citizenship that will destroy democracy. They must do way with giving too much honor to "Pooyai". They believe that pooyai has the final answers and don't ever question them. This is the start.

What they really need to do is uphold the LAW, strip and seize all assets that cant be accounted for by the paper trail of legit earned money, where it comes from and that its legal.........houses land yachts, shares investments art the whole lot . put the onus on THEM to prove where it came from not the courts to track down the corruption.

Also make any family member/ associate liable for laundering ill gotten gains. If you cant prove you earned it or where the funds came from all post tax of course its gone ... oh and backdate it ... no limit to how far back reprisals can go ...

Make this all public on main time TV how much what the assets are and auction them by public auction funds to be used for infrastructure and schemes for the poor and education.

This must be totally transparent and enforced by the law....

Get international law to include all UN registered countries sieze assets in thier own country and use for the same purpose...... nowhere to run, nowhere to hide ... you want to be corrupt ? you deal with the consequences and anyone who takes a slice gets pulled in with them

the only way to stop it is to seize the wealth from them.... impoverish them.money is all the crave and all they are scared of losing .... so take it away.... they would soon change their tune

no violence required....

isn't that what happened to Thaksin and didn't that spark the extreme violence in 2010?

• Like 1

What they really need to do is uphold the LAW, strip and seize all assets that cant be accounted for by the paper trail of legit earned money, where it comes from and that its legal.........houses land yachts, shares investments art the whole lot . put the onus on THEM to prove where it came from not the courts to track down the corruption.

Also make any family member/ associate liable for laundering ill gotten gains. If you cant prove you earned it or where the funds came from all post tax of course its gone ... oh and backdate it ... no limit to how far back reprisals can go ...

Make this all public on main time TV how much what the assets are and auction them by public auction funds to be used for infrastructure and schemes for the poor and education.

This must be totally transparent and enforced by the law....

Get international law to include all UN registered countries sieze assets in thier own country and use for the same purpose...... nowhere to run, nowhere to hide ... you want to be corrupt ? you deal with the consequences and anyone who takes a slice gets pulled in with them

the only way to stop it is to seize the wealth from them.... impoverish them.money is all the crave and all they are scared of losing .... so take it away.... they would soon change their tune

no violence required....

isn't that what happened to Thaksin and didn't that spark the extreme violence in 2010?

No not at all, 1 the law wasnt upheld and enforced and 2 the violence was a direct result of the unelected trying to hold onto power.

Slap all of them the amarts the politicians the army the lot of the corrupt scumbags .. cant pick and choose between them do the lot... thats why itll never happen they all would end up behind bars.

• Like 1

No not at all, 1 the law wasnt upheld and enforced and 2 the violence was a direct result of the unelected trying to hold onto power.

Who was unelected?

PAD, they havnt been elected since 1992 just appointed, not the same thing at all.

Still have to ask WHY were they appointed, The reasons behind the Coup, here lies the main answer.

Who was unelected?

PAD, they havnt been elected since 1992 just appointed, not the same thing at all.

PAD?? When were they elected to anything, ever?

Sent from my phone ...

• Like 1

Who was unelected?

PAD? That's the yellow shirts. They're a protest movement like UDD/red shirts etc. They're not a political party that I'm aware of. Maybe you're confusing them with the Democrats.

In case you don't know how it works, the people elect MPs. The MPs then get together and form a majority unless their party outright wins a majority in parliament. That majority then elects the PM. That's how Abhisit ended up being PM. He was elected PM by a majority of the MPs in parliament. Same way Yingluck was elected PM. Same way Thaksin was elected PM etc. etc.

Who was unelected?

Still have to ask WHY were they appointed, The reasons behind the Coup, here lies the main answer.

Ya not going to go into all that again here too many on both sides refuse to see the fault is shared on many levels ;)

Safe to say though that here someone just needs to fart and theres a coup. Other places would deal with the symptoms so there wouldn't be a recurrence not just the immediate problem. Good old Thai far sightedness eh ? ;)

Who was unelected?

PAD? That's the yellow shirts. They're a protest movement like UDD/red shirts etc. They're not a political party that I'm aware of. Maybe you're confusing them with the Democrats.

In case you don't know how it works, the people elect MPs. The MPs then get together and form a majority unless their party outright wins a majority in parliament. That majority then elects the PM. That's how Abhisit ended up being PM. He was elected PM by a majority of the MPs in parliament. Same way Yingluck was elected PM. Same way Thaksin was elected PM etc. etc.

Your right to be specific the dems but its all pretty much the same as UDD = PTP and they wer'nt elected by the people it was handed to them by the army etc etc ... will be again this time too imo history repeats until lessons get learnt, no sign of that happening here just the usual roundabout.

The way I remember it, the PPP (Thaksin's party) won the most seats in the election after the military stepped aside, but not enough for a majority in parliament. They got together with a few other parties and formed a government. Those other parties then bailed out for whatever reason and joined the democrats to form a majority and they elected Abhisit PM. The Army didn't hand anyone anything. PPP couldn't hold the coalition together.

Really, TRT/PPP/PTP have done the same exact thing. That's how Samak and Somchai etc. were elected PM. By other MPs.

ETA:

Thaksin and the reds didn't like democracy, so they went ape$hit and held Bangkok hostage for 2 months and set a bunch of fires. Kinda like Suthep is doing now minus the fires. I wonder where he got the idea?

Edited by daboyz1

Who was unelected?

Ya not going to go into all that again here too many on both sides refuse to see the fault is shared on many levels wink.png

Safe to say though that here someone just needs to fart and theres a coup. Other places would deal with the symptoms so there wouldn't be a recurrence not just the immediate problem. Good old Thai far sightedness eh ? wink.png

I would not have commented but you did say, "unelected trying to hold on to power" the reason I replied--I am quite aware of all the BS on both sides, if it were the same as a pair of weighing scales, the problem it is and was not.

Abhisit was chosen to take care after the coup, he wasn't trying to hold on to power I see it that he was doing his best during a bad time, aand during that we had you know who and red army trying to get their way through force the same one that is totally disrupting and destroying Thailand with want for greed and power.

Fraud, bans, fingers in the till, all family involved---what a bleeding record. Too many cronies on all sides but in a fight you have to take out the biggest threat, then you have a chance to start again. Just saying as you did say re Abhisit non elected was trying to cling on to power, just disagree on that point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2007

sigh*

The People's Alliance for Democracy resurfaced to destabilize the People's Power Government, after having gone into dormancy following the 2006 coup. Several Democrat Party leaders allied themselves with the PAD in the subsequent 2008–2010 Thai political crisis. The PAD organized extended street protests and later led a months-long seizure of Government House, the seat of the Thai government. In November 2008, PAD forces seized and occupied Don Muang Airport and Suvarnabhumi Airport.

The PAD declared that the only person they would accept as Premier was Abhisit of the Democrat Party. Abhisit voiced displeasure at sieges, but did not stop his deputies from their roles in the PAD.

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(Thailand)

THAT is NOT democracy

in a zoo who cares what monkey is mimicking another ?

Lets be honest we are right back at square 1 and 08 and yea we are pretty much sick of the bs from both sides ... just have an antsy about claims of democracy this n that i keep hearing here is all... could be ive been in country too long to believe any of it ;)

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

Abhisit was chosen to take care after the coup, he wasn't trying to hold on to power I see it that he was doing his best during a bad time, aand during that we had you know who and red army trying to get their way through force the same one that is totally disrupting and destroying Thailand with want for greed and power.

Abhisit wasn't chosen after the coup. The PPP won 233 seats and the Democrats won 165 in the elections after the coup. Neither had a majority. PPP got together with Chart Thai and some other parties to form a majority and Samak was chosen as the PM. He got in trouble over his cooking show thing, and then Thaksin's brother in law Somchai was voted in by the MPs as PM. PPP and two other parties were disbanded due to electoral fraud in 2008. Chart Thai then decided to form a coalition with the Democrats and that gave them the majority in parliament and the MPs voted Abhisit as PM.

Abhisit wasn't chosen after the coup. The PPP won 233 seats and the Democrats won 165 in the elections after the coup. Neither had a majority. PPP got together with Chart Thai and some other parties to form a majority and Samak was chosen as the PM. He got in trouble over his cooking show thing, and then Thaksin's brother in law Somchai was voted in by the MPs as PM. PPP and two other parties were disbanded due to electoral fraud in 2008. Chart Thai then decided to form a coalition with the Democrats and that gave them the majority in parliament and the MPs voted Abhisit as PM.

Democrats had the majority in parliament and the MPs CHOSE/voted---same same- Abhisit in, I said he was chosen you said not.

Democrats had the majority in parliament and the MPs CHOSE/voted---same same- Abhisit in, I said he was chosen you said not.

It's the timing Daboyz was commenting on. Abhisit wasn't elected immediately "after the coup".

• Like 1

I wasn't disputing that. I was disputing that it was right after the coup. The PPP and their partners won the election after the coup. Samak (handpicked by Thaksin) was then elected PM by the MPs.

It's the timing Daboyz was commenting on. Abhisit wasn't elected immediately "after the coup".

Yes, exactly. The reason that's important, is because some of the Thaksin lovers like to run around here claiming that the military simply handed power to Abhisit after they stepped down. That wasn't the case at all.

• Like 1

I wasn't disputing that. I was disputing that it was right after the coup. The PPP and their partners won the election after the coup. Samak (handpicked by Thaksin) was then elected PM by the MPs.

Look I was omitting the COOK and the other guy, after was not to be meant to be IMMEDIATLY. trying not to go over the same known story again too much.

If you get my drift.

Forget the Thaksin bit, The army did everything they could to hand it over to the dems, regardless they still lost an election, more shuffling about PAD pops up and demands who they will accept...basically they got what they wanted and the same old song and dance as is happening now.. .... but ok lets move on

The only thing i care about is the people have one vote one person. I couldnt care if the tooth fairy stood and got elected, as long as its elected by the people in an election not the street,

The answer to any peoples commission on reform either pre or post election HAS to include both sides ...ya get it ? BOTH RED AND YELLOW ... now i have heard it from the gov as an option i havnt from dear leader & co

Wheres the list of names ? weve had a month of bs takes little time to pull up a list ... im getting mighty tired of hearing calls for boots on the ground and both trying to out dumbass each other ... most of all im sick of the bloody whistles. give em back the hand clappers someone please

PS i luv ya all :D

• Like 1

Forget the Thaksin bit, The army did everything they could to hand it over to the dems, regardless they still lost an election, more shuffling about PAD pops up and demands who they will accept...basically they got what they wanted and the same old song and dance as is happening now.. .... but ok lets move on

The only thing i care about is the people have one vote one person. I couldnt care if the tooth fairy stood and got elected, as long as its elected by the people in an election not the street,

The answer to any peoples commission on reform either pre or post election HAS to include both sides ...ya get it ? BOTH RED AND YELLOW ... now i have heard it from the gov as an option i havnt from dear leader & co

Wheres the list of names ? weve had a month of bs takes little time to pull up a list ... im getting mighty tired of hearing calls for boots on the ground and both trying to out dumbass each other ... most of all im sick of the bloody whistles. give em back the hand clappers someone please

PS i luv ya all biggrin.png

I love you too-3

The only thing that I care about is fair election --as should be. STRICTLY controlled with severe penalties for payment and outside interference.

And to recap...................................All persons with a police or disqualified/ban record NOT to be allowed ever to stand again. No holes barred--NOT EVER.

then let's have your fair election--and we will see a true vote. The above has to apply or it is stalemate and bloodshed. Get rid of the S##T

• Like 1

Possibly it suits everyone's purpose that he remains out of the country. Might explain the ease with which he fled the country.

He didn't flee, he was ousted in a military coup while holding a lecture about democracy at the U.N. Then he was convicted on trumped up charges and never extradited. And now you claim this was due to it being best for everyone. I want what you are smoking.

Do more research.

He came back in 2008. He was out on bail for his charges. He got permission to go to the Olympics. He didn't return.

That sounds like fleeing to me.

The ignorance & stupidity of the Red Farang never ceases to amaze me - don't they do any basic research or do they just rely on the drunken lao khao ranting of the father in law.

Sounds like diceq has been reading Sunisa's latest opus on her hero......' Our dear reader and my part in his elections.'