Democrat leader Abhisit urges govt action to end political crisis

webfact

This is just a laugher. They organize and pay for the protests stir the pot and whip people

into a frenzy and then blame the government for civil unrest. The democrats force a democratically

elected government to resign and then asks the government to end the political crisis. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a laugher. They organize and pay for the protests stir the pot and whip people

into a frenzy and then blame the government for civil unrest. The democrats force a democratically

elected government to resign and then asks the government to end the political crisis. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Nearly sounds like a repeat of 2010.

Something should be done to rid once and for all of these Dems.

They are the most disgusting of all.

And they have zero respect for their fellow human beings.

Death of the people is not a concern to them. We could witness it when they were (shortly) in charge of the government, and we can witness it again. Death is all around them.

They just see power and the way to grab it.

Most disgusting indeed.

Those who still support Suthep and the Dems are as disgusting.

Urk...

Hopefully Yingluck will find a way out and save the country from these animals.

She has been the wise person till now, but how can the government keep quiet with some much provocation and violence from the protesters?

Something should be done to rid once and for all of these Dems. They are the most disgusting of all. And they have zero respect for their fellow human beings. Death of the people is not a concern to them. We could witness it when they were (shortly) in charge of the government, and we can witness it again. Death is all around them. They just see power and the way to grab it. Most disgusting indeed. Those who still support Suthep and the Dems are as disgusting. Urk... Hopefully Yingluck will find a way out and save the country from these animals. She has been the wise person till now, but how can the government keep quiet with some much provocation and violence from the protesters?

I see you have avoided my post number 85.

Why is that?

I will try to help you to understand the corruption in the PTP after reading it would you kindly reply to my simple request in post number 85

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2013/results/

so what is his great idea to achieve peace?... overthrow the government so the red-shirts can come and turn bangkok into a war zone again?...

i don't believe anyone from st johns could be so stupid (notwithstanding the mess tony blair created in the middle east)...

i can only assume abhisit is scared to say what he must surely really think through fear to offend the old robber barons / shysters who hold the power in the anti-democrats (formerly known as democrats) party

Protests started in 2005 and 2006 when Thaksin was changing laws to benefit himself.

Protests started in 2008 when the PPP started trying to whitewash Thaksin's charges.

Protests started in 2010 when the courts confiscated 46 billion baht of "Thaksin's" money.

Protests started in 2013 when the PTP started trying to whitewash Thaksin's charges and conviction.

There's a pretty common theme there.

Miss "we want peace, not power" Yingluck, doesn't seem to understand that being #1 on the PTP party list (along with Somchai at #2) gives her power, and doesn't bring peace.

Unbelievable facts that are already recorded in huistory and 70% of the posters here want to keep the same man in power.

I bet none of them are part of the business men against corruption here in Thailand. Not hard to figure it out.

As the following chart shows it is a downward journey they are defending.

You don't have to be Thai to defend corruption especially when it is money in your pocket. Just ask any PTP backer. Be sure to check the chart so you will have real knowledge not some thing picked up in red shirt bars.

Ok I will try once more...

I never said that this is what YOU said, but what SUTHEP is saying. He needs that. Full stop.

So Yingluck step down, the moron will ask his council to take place. It's easy really.

YL step down, nothing will change. It's not like you said: "The way out at the moment appears to be for Yingluck to step down. PTP will still be in power. The red shirts will still have their party. But the main thing causing problems in Thailand for the last 8 years will have been removed."

If that would have been the case it would have been much more easy of course.

And with this I explained already everything I needed to.

Yingluck said she "wants peace not power", but everything she has done belies that. It is that easy for her to step down, except that means she (and Thaksin) won't be in power. They can't handle that.

Lol we made quite a mess to finally find out we agree on something. Thaksin family is greedy of money and power. I will add Suthep it is as well.

Except Suthep's greed has not done near the damage to Thailand that the Shinawatra's has.

A king sat in his palace feeling utterly miserable. Despite all his wealth and possessions he was overcome with sadness.

Then he had this wonderful idea and assembled all his courtiers around him.

'Search my Kingdom' he ordered ' and find the happiest man'. 'When you have found him bring me his shirt, for surely if I wear it I too can be happy'

Impatiently he waited for news

Weeks later his courtiers returned and knelt before him.

'Well' demanded the king, 'did you find this happiest of men?' 'What shirt was he wearing? 'Was it white, was it black, was it yellow was it red?' 'Give it to me'

'We are so sorry your highness, we found this man alone in a field, he was singing to the heavens and his beaming smile lit his surroundings. We asked for his shirt so we could take it to the king, but, please forgive us your Highness, the man owned no shirt'

Could the moral of this tale possibly resonate with any of the parties involved in the current political struggle?

Good one. If it had been a king whio was living in Dubai they would have said you are wearing it sire.

so what is his great idea to achieve peace?... overthrow the government so the red-shirts can come and turn bangkok into a war zone again?...

i don't believe anyone from st johns could be so stupid (notwithstanding the mess tony blair created in the middle east)...

i can only assume abhisit is scared to say what he must surely really think through fear to offend the old robber barons / shysters who hold the power in the anti-democrats (formerly known as democrats) party

Protests started in 2005 and 2006 when Thaksin was changing laws to benefit himself.

Protests started in 2008 when the PPP started trying to whitewash Thaksin's charges.

Protests started in 2010 when the courts confiscated 46 billion baht of "Thaksin's" money.

Protests started in 2013 when the PTP started trying to whitewash Thaksin's charges and conviction.

There's a pretty common theme there.

Miss "we want peace, not power" Yingluck, doesn't seem to understand that being #1 on the PTP party list (along with Somchai at #2) gives her power, and doesn't bring peace.

Unbelievable facts that are already recorded in huistory and 70% of the posters here want to keep the same man in power.

I bet none of them are part of the business men against corruption here in Thailand. Not hard to figure it out.

As the following chart shows it is a downward journey they are defending.

You don't have to be Thai to defend corruption especially when it is money in your pocket. Just ask any PTP backer. Be sure to check the chart so you will have real knowledge not some thing picked up in red shirt bars.

First of all the clue is in the name i.e Perception. Secondly if you've read the associated methodology files you would know that the method of ascertaining Corruption Perception was changed last year and that consequently comparisons to any value of the Country Perception Index pre 2012 are not valid.

The updated method also means that a country’s Corruption Perceptions Index score will

better capture changes in perceptions of corruption in the public sector of that country over
time. However, due to the update in the methodology, 2011 CPI scores are not
comparable with CPI 2012 scores.

Ok I will try once more...

I never said that this is what YOU said, but what SUTHEP is saying. He needs that. Full stop.

So Yingluck step down, the moron will ask his council to take place. It's easy really.

YL step down, nothing will change. It's not like you said: "The way out at the moment appears to be for Yingluck to step down. PTP will still be in power. The red shirts will still have their party. But the main thing causing problems in Thailand for the last 8 years will have been removed."

If that would have been the case it would have been much more easy of course.

And with this I explained already everything I needed to.

Yingluck said she "wants peace not power", but everything she has done belies that. It is that easy for her to step down, except that means she (and Thaksin) won't be in power. They can't handle that.

Lol we made quite a mess to finally find out we agree on something. Thaksin family is greedy of money and power. I will add Suthep it is as well.

Except Suthep's greed has not done near the damage to Thailand that the Shinawatra's has.

He has talent! Let's give him the country and let see if he can expand the pearls he did with Phuket lands and palm oil.

If remove the Shin clan because their obvious corruption, and let another rotten corrupt get the power Thailand will be still in the same s..t

For me if Abhisit is clever, he now will go back to participate for the upcoming election, go against Suthep and his backers with evidence and start to ask protester to voice their opinion in a democratic ways not mob or terrorist way (this will weaken Suthep and his selfish backers power and people will start to think before they follow). During the campaign, he just need to find the fact and prove to the public on the current government corruption (I think he can't do that due to he, Suthep and his people is also in it) and the prove that Thaksin is behind every move, then influence the North and Northeastern people that the Democrat will treat them equally and start to find solution to bring up the rural area. Even if they lose in this election, they still have 4 year to find all the fact and prove to the public and by time people will start to know the fact and eventually then they will win back the government if they start to practice transparency in politics (but this will weaken his pocket but it will also weaken Thaksin influence, but if he really want reform then this is the way to start). Not just talk with word and stand by the dictator Suthep without action and pointing finger at each other. Then this will really be the way to stop all the civil unrest and a one step forward to start a reform. Not by going to the streets or pointing finger at other people about theirs wrong doing.

• Like 1

Let's not forget what got us here. A government who ignored the law of the land, is engaged in massive corruption, and is anything but democratic. Thus, the huge numbers of protesters. Many of whom are not yellow shirts, are not democrats and are not amart. Just tired of the current governments lies. Hard to argue with them.

This could have all been avoided by killing the amnesty bill instead of trying to ram it through. Or at least accept Abhisit's proposal to exclude himself, Suthep and Thaksin from it. That request was ignored.

amnesty bill is long gone - the government has called an election - why are people still dying?...

The amnesty bill is not dead, just so we are correct here. It can be brought back up after 180 days. Big reason people are still protesting. The bill can be passed very quickly now with NO debate.

Not true, and even if it was, so what, if a government proposes a bill and wins the vote, it has every right to enact said bill.

• Like 1

"If that should happen, me and Suthep will be somewhere safe like the Alps, doing some late-season snowboarding."

...you mean like any season sand surfing in Dubai. Abhisit has had the balls to stay here and front up to all the trumped up charges being laid his way versus a peoples court convicted criminal hiding out of, and non constitutionally running the country from Dubai...let me see for democracy... jeez I have to have morals... tough choice...fronting up here or Dubai sand surfing the rest of one's life. There's 'have balls' and there's 'lack off balls'. The 'have balls' needs to cut from the Democrats and take over Suthep's people, not Sutheps' ideologies. The 'lack of balls' deserve to be left where they are for a while...dusted and frying on the hot Dubai sands.

oh come on, balls ?? cheesy.gif these guys have the ultimate sugar daddy and carte blanche to get away with what no one else should be able to. You seriously dont believe for one second they would do as they have without the nod first do you ?

Nothing here goes on at this level without some serious backing both financially and with serious political and positional clout. Whilst i have no love for the Dubai guy i dont for one moment credit this lot with any balls ... they would'nt have the cahonas without the nod, pure and simple. Take off your rose specs for a second, they are protected .

You forget what country your in or something ? whistling.gif

Who is this mythical sugar daddy?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't be naive coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Pray tell.

You are the one being naive

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He can't tell! been here long? sheesh, the naivety of some people.

• Like 1

I bet the people in Isaan and up north will still want Thaksin back even after all the smoke clears. He is the one who stole the thunder and gave them a teeny tiny taste of it. After weeks and weeks of Suthep on the television I bet the last person they will listen to is the charming, well-spoken and presentable Mr Abhisit. Think they would get more support with a long-haired, moustached and tattooed rock singer touting revenge, to be perfectly honest. People here love bickering too much, the ramifications don't really affect the common people in their mindset, they probably think they will remain reasonably poor even if they 'win'.

Now if Mr Abhisit got up to the lectern and just starting fuming and roaring like a lion, maybe some new people will get excited, but for me he has too nice a temperament for boxing.

A majority did vote for the PTP, why do you come on here spouting your bs when you don't have a basic knowledge of the situation?

Last I checked, 48% is not a majority. What the PTP did manage was to get a majority of the seats, but its possible to get that with 20% of the vote.

Sent from my phone ...

Let's not forget what got us here. A government who ignored the law of the land, is engaged in massive corruption, and is anything but democratic. Thus, the huge numbers of protesters. Many of whom are not yellow shirts, are not democrats and are not amart. Just tired of the current governments lies. Hard to argue with them.

This could have all been avoided by killing the amnesty bill instead of trying to ram it through. Or at least accept Abhisit's proposal to exclude himself, Suthep and Thaksin from it. That request was ignored.

amnesty bill is long gone - the government has called an election - why are people still dying?...

The amnesty bill is not dead, just so we are correct here. It can be brought back up after 180 days. Big reason people are still protesting. The bill can be passed very quickly now with NO debate.

Not true, and even if it was, so what, if a government proposes a bill and wins the vote, it has every right to enact said bill.

Unfortunately, it's true. Sadly. The problem is the government proposed the bill and the court ruled it invalid. The government then threatened the court judges and were going to enact it anyway. Thus, the protests.

A majority did vote for the PTP, why do you come on here spouting your bs when you don't have a basic knowledge of the situation?

Last I checked, 48% is not a majority. What the PTP did manage was to get a majority of the seats, but its possible to get that with 20% of the vote.

Sent from my phone ...

Seems a trifle pedantic to bicker about "majority".

Perhaps Whybother comes from a country with only 2 major political parties.

In a multi-party democracy (i.e. most countries), it's obvious the majority party might not get 50% of the actual votes, but they can form the legitimate government.

The 48% argument is a red herring. Even if PTP were to get 50.1% of all the votes in the next election, I suspect that this would not satisfy Whybother.

Most of us on TV can't vote in TH.

If the Thais were to vote ex-massage-parlour-tycoon Chuwit as their next PM, then so be it, it would be their choice (however abhorrent it may be to some).

Heck, we in the US just missed having Sarah Palin by a whisker.

Yingluck is the Thais' Palin equivalent .... not everyone's cup of tea, but she was ratified by the previous Election Commission.

In a multi-party democracy (i.e. most countries), it's obvious the majority party might not get 50% of the actual votes, but they can form the legitimate government.

The 48% argument is a red herring. Even if PTP were to get 50.1% of all the votes in the next election, I suspect that this would not satisfy Whybother.

If the Thais were to vote ex-massage-parlour-tycoon Chuwit as their next PM, then so be it, it would be their choice (however abhorrent it may be to some).

Yingluck is the Thais' Palin equivalent .... not everyone's cup of tea, but she was ratified by the previous Election Commission.

I am not saying that PTP shouldn't be in power because they only got 48%. Your political bias is causing you to see things that aren't there. They got a majority of seats, so that clearly allows them to form government.

But, regardless of whether there are 2 parties or a hundred, it doesn't change the fact that 48% isn't a majority.

Theoretically, if a party was to get 1 less than a majority of the seats, a coalition of all other parties could form government.

• Like 1

I am not saying that PTP shouldn't be in power because they only got 48%. Your political bias is causing you to see things that aren't there. They got a majority of seats, so that clearly allows them to form government.

But, regardless of whether there are 2 parties or a hundred, it doesn't change the fact that 48% isn't a majority.

Theoretically, if a party was to get 1 less than a majority of the seats, a coalition of all other parties could form government.

Show me one country that has a democratic system that is ever chosen by your definition of a majority of the population, given that a % wont ever vote anyway it isnt ever very likely if ever to happen. ... its semantics and it is a false argument... as your name says re flogging this point why bother ?

• Like 2

After all he did to help Suthep bring chaos in the country again, ... Abhisit makes me want to vomit. I am not sure what word could qualify him best. "Cockroach", as the Dems are commonly called is far too respectful. People died because of his support for these irrational and criminal protests. He should apologize to the Thai people for what he has done. What a bunch of creeps these Dems.

gerry, stooping to cheap insults, as you often do, does not change the facts. People died because of Thaksin's personal greed. These irrational and criminal protests - are you referring to 2013 or 2010?

Take off your blinkers for a moment and ponder on the direction that this country is heading under the current administration...!!

What next ? will people that think the way you do be calling for the PTP to be listed as a terrorist organisation as they did in Egypt with Morsi who was also properly elected by the majority of voters ?

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

Show me one country that has a democratic system that is ever chosen by your definition of a majority of the population, given that a % wont ever vote anyway it isnt ever very likely if ever to happen. ... its semantics and it is a false argument... as your name says re flogging this point why bother ?

If a party was to emerge in any country which was seen to be rooting out all aspects of corruption and self-serving acts, they could potentially receive 90% of the vote, but that is clearly not something that can be said of the current administration.

This whole situation is the result of the greed of Mr. Thaksin and his puppets, and anyone who chooses to deny that is deluding themselves.

What is needed is a government which takes the assets of the country and puts them back into the country for the benefit of the people. That is why the people are on the streets today...!!

I never mentioned anything about "majority of the population".

PTP got 48% of the valid votes. They only got 44% when including none-of-the-above and invalid votes. With something like 66% turnout, they got 30% of the eligible votes, and about 25% of the population. Not that any of those numbers are relevant. They got 265 out of 500 seats. That allows them to form government.

BUT, forget about the politics (if you're actually able to). Look at the maths. 48% is not a majority. It doesn't matter what it relates to.

• Like 1

Sent from my phone ...

it's hugely more than the Democrats!!!

It still doesn't make it a majority.

• Like 1

Amnesty bill has not 'long gone'. It is open for review in six months. And that is what this sham of an 'election' is all about. Buying time. Duh huh.png

• Like 2

same same UK? same same just about everywhere else? there are always split votes and rarely does a party get a majority overall - the point is was it a little more? or a lot more than the opposition? we know the answer to that one

I recall many of the same TVF posters justifying Abhisit and the Dems and ridiculing the fact he had no mandate to govern - never won an election - by arguing the opposite as you now - that a majority did not matter

now it's all about turn - funny that whistling.gif

OMG. Can you people not read??? Your political bias is so pathetic you read into posts things that aren't there.

When have I ever said that PTP don't have the right to be in government??? They got 265 out of 500 seats. That clearly means they have the right to govern. Abhisit got a majority of MPs to vote for him to be PM. That clearly means he had the right to govern.

Whether they have a right to govern or not, doesn't change the fact that 48% is not a majority.

Edited by whybother

Nobody has mentioned the term 'population' except you, knowing that a large percentage of the population is unable to vote due to age. If you wish to be realistic, Australia is a multi-party democracy where governments are regularly elected with a majority of the votes going to one party (ALP).

Like Thailand, voting is theoretically compulsory; the difference being in Thailand attendance is not enforced but voting once there is, in Australia attendance at a polling station is enforced with fines but once marked off the register voting is not mandatory.

OK, enough with the bickering. PTP in the last election won a majority of the seats, but did not win a majority of votes from the general population. A majority is generally defined as being more than 50%.

Now that this argument has been settled, back to the OP. Please.

wai2.gif

72 out of 77 provinces are registered AND 53 political parties

enough for everyone to admit is genuine and valid now? who cares if the Dems don't contest? "up to them" they don't like democracy then a party name change is urgently required! giggle.gif

• Like 2