Democrat leader Abhisit urges govt action to end political crisis

webfact

Democrat leader urges govt action to end political crisis
By Digital Content

13881390799292.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 28 – Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva called on the government to listen to public reservations on Thailand’s political crisis and urgently solve the escalating problems.

He said the government must avoid a repetition of the bloody incident at the Thai-Japanese stadium – the venue of registration for the February 2 general elections – yesterday when scores of people were killed and injured.

The former prime minister said the Election Commission (EC) has called on all quarters to help resolve the political turmoil but the government’s insistence in going ahead with the nationwide elections will plunge the country into deeper conflict.

All quarters including the private sector and the Thai Chamber of Commerce have warned that the government-initiated reform assembly won’t be the right answer but the government and the Pheu Thai Party would only concentrate on their status quo, he said.

“I’m surprised that the prime minister has been indifferent to the situation. The country’s administration doesn’t care to solve the problems. I believe the EC will exercise its power after the New Year as it stated earlier. I do hope the situation will not escalate to a civil war,” said Mr Abhisit.

The Democrat leader said former MP from Phitsanulok, Nakhon Machin, has tendered his resignation from the party – a normal phenomenon during an election season. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2013-12-28

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Mark had been a bit quiet recently after his vow to take to the streets with his fellow Thais to protest against the government. Looking at the photo the cheeky bugger's obviously been less concerned with true democracy and an end to tyranny in Thailand and more interested in winning the " 25th Annual 6th District Pie Eating Competition"

• Like 1

Let's not forget what got us here. A government who ignored the law of the land, is engaged in massive corruption, and is anything but democratic. Thus, the huge numbers of protesters. Many of whom are not yellow shirts, are not democrats and are not amart. Just tired of the current governments lies. Hard to argue with them.

This could have all been avoided by killing the amnesty bill instead of trying to ram it through. Or at least accept Abhisit's proposal to exclude himself, Suthep and Thaksin from it. That request was ignored.

Stick to your hobby of traveling.

If the majority voted them in to enact an amnesty law, so be it. If you want to put that to test, high noon is on 2nd of February.

What's the alternative, Chairman Suthep?

Be nice. We have a coalition government here. Which means a majority did not vote for PTP.

Suthep is not an option for a vast majority of the protesters. But neither is the current government.

• Like 1

the government’s insistence in going ahead with the nationwide elections will plunge the country into deeper conflict.

LOL cheesy.gif

“I’m surprised that the prime minister has been indifferent to the situation. The country’s administration doesn’t care to solve the problems.

Yingluck offered Suthep emergency-discussions with a view to solving the problems. Suthep said no and said that all Yingluck's family should be forced to leave the nation. Completely derailing the discussion process. And ignoring the fact that there's plenty of other corrupt families too.

I do hope the situation will not escalate to a civil war,” said Mr Abhisit.

"If that should happen, me and Suthep will be somewhere safe like the Alps, doing some late-season snowboarding."

...you mean like any season sand surfing in Dubai. Abhisit has had the balls to stay here and front up to all the trumped up charges being laid his way versus a peoples court convicted criminal hiding out of, and non constitutionally running the country from Dubai...let me see for democracy... jeez I have to have morals... tough choice...fronting up here or Dubai sand surfing the rest of one's life. There's 'have balls' and there's 'lack off balls'. The 'have balls' needs to cut from the Democrats and take over Suthep's people, not Sutheps' ideologies. The 'lack of balls' deserve to be left where they are for a while...dusted and frying on the hot Dubai sands.

• Like 1

the government’s insistence in going ahead with the nationwide elections will plunge the country into deeper conflict.
LOL cheesy.gif Yingluck offered Suthep emergency-discussions with a view to solving the problems. Suthep said no and said that all Yingluck's family should be forced to leave the nation. Completely derailing the discussion process. And ignoring the fact that there's plenty of other corrupt families too.
I do hope the situation will not escalate to a civil war,” said Mr Abhisit.
"If that should happen, me and Suthep will be somewhere safe like the Alps, doing some late-season snowboarding."
...you mean like any season sand surfing in Dubai. Abhisit has had the balls to stay here and front up to all the trumped up charges being laid his way versus a peoples court convicted criminal hiding out of, and non constitutionally running the country from Dubai...let me see for democracy... jeez I have to have morals... tough choice...fronting up here or Dubai sand surfing the rest of one's life. There's 'have balls' and there's 'lack off balls'. The 'have balls' needs to cut from the Democrats and take over Suthep's people, not Sutheps' ideologies. The 'lack of balls' deserve to be left where they are for a while...dusted and frying on the hot Dubai sands.
oh come on, balls ?? cheesy.gif these guys have the ultimate sugar daddy and carte blanche to get away with what no one else should be able to. You seriously dont believe for one second they would do as they have without the nod first do you ? Nothing here goes on at this level without some serious backing both financially and with serious political and positional clout. Whilst i have no love for the Dubai guy i dont for one moment credit this lot with any balls ... they would'nt have the cahonas without the nod, pure and simple. Take off your rose specs for a second, they are protected . You forget what country your in or something ? whistling.gif
Who is this mythical sugar daddy?Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

oh come on, balls ?? cheesy.gif these guys have the ultimate sugar daddy and carte blanche to get away with what no one else should be able to. You seriously dont believe for one second they would do as they have without the nod first do you ?

Nothing here goes on at this level without some serious backing both financially and with serious political and positional clout. Whilst i have no love for the Dubai guy i dont for one moment credit this lot with any balls ... they would'nt have the cahonas without the nod, pure and simple. Take off your rose specs for a second, they are protected .

You forget what country your in or something ? whistling.gif

Who is this mythical sugar daddy?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't be naive coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

• Like 2

what a joke! To end this political crisis, the elected govt just need to send the army to make a heavy crackdown on this yellow terrorists

and to send back sutehp to the zoo were he belong. But unfortunately the junta is on the side of the amart....

this crisis is due only to few thugs, the whole nation doesnt support abhisit !

• Like 2

This could have all been avoided by killing the amnesty bill instead of trying to ram it through.

Ram it through AKA put it to a vote. Shocking. thumbsup.gif

yes they had the cheek to propose a new bill so now much destruction and death is required forever more

• Like 1

Does not matter which government takes power, because it's a fight to the cream of the pie. Good jobs and good money within. All governments are corrupt in Thailand, and this corruption not only stems from within the government but within ranks of the police and the army. The whole system needs to be replaced with a proper anti corruption agency that is a separate entity from the above with powers to arrest and convict and seize assets, the current anti corruption agency is also corrupted.

Once this has been resolved then only will the power return to the people of Thailand. Until then there are going to be many protests, violence and even coups. They need to remove the root of evil, and stop putting blame on others.

• Like 2