Got Ford WT 3.2 in 5 days without ordering

vspin134

The catch is...give out your name at Motorsport to a few sale persons and they will do the hunt for you.

- Received a call from Ford Nonthaburi on Dec 24 pm.

- Submitted finance doc to Tisco via email on Dec 25 am.

- Finance approved on Dec 26 pm

- Confirm spec for free window tints with Sale lady Dec 27pm

- to pickup vehicle on Dec 28 (today pm)

Thanks Guys. Been using black truck for years so this time white for change.

White is a good colour for the tropics , a bit cooler and can hide some dust .... Well Done ! .... Oh and stands out a bit more .. Safe Rides !!! ENJOY thumbsup.gif

Another cool Mazda biggrin.png

Funny thing, Mazda gives 7000B discount for the white ones (only), Ford doesn't...

Yeah... but you will still be only driving a Mazda.
And what would be the difference? Is the same car, and my Mazda smiles smile.png

Funny thing, Mazda gives 7000B discount for the white ones (only), Ford doesn't...

And what would be the difference? Is the same car, and my Mazda smiles smile.png

^^ Good question for those of us who don't know!

Besides the obvious interior and exterior cosmetic appearance differences, the 7,000 THB for 'white' and Ford's comparatively fewer number of nation-wide dealers, are there any other basic differences between the Ford and Mazda versions of their 3.2L models, and, are there any differences between the Ford and Mazda versions of their 2.2L models distinct enough to give buyers reason to choose one brand over the other?

Besides the obvious interior and exterior cosmetic appearance differences, the 7,000 THB for 'white' and Ford's comparatively fewer number of nation-wide dealers, are there any other basic differences between the Ford and Mazda versions of their 3.2L models, and, are there any differences between the Ford and Mazda versions of their 2.2L models distinct enough to give buyers reason to choose one brand over the other?

Ford has T model heritage years back. Mazda is just one Japanese brand which I believe they are great at their 2 seater car and rotary engine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ford has Model T heritage years back. Mazda is just one Japanese brand which I believe they are great at their 2 seater car and rotary engine.

Oh no, I'm not going there ........ whistling.gif

What I am asking about, (and probably should have stated more precisely): Are there any notable differences between Ford and Mazda 3.2L versions of their pickup truck models and also are there any differences between the two versions of their 2.2L pickup truck models?

Are there any consistent reports of recurring transmission problems that point to a common defect?

Edited by thailoht

Previous reports suggested the suspension is tuned differently - ranger is firmer with better handling, while the mazda has a softer suspension. Owners could clarify if that is true or not.

I owned Chev Colorado crew cab LTZ 4x4 top model for 15 months and sold in such a short notice to pickup my WT a couple days ago. My first impression toward both trucks when driving out from showroom with red plate. WT gave me impression of a million baht vehicle but my LTZ Chev didn't

Previous reports suggested the suspension is tuned differently - ranger is firmer with better handling, while the mazda has a softer suspension. Owners could clarify if that is true or not.

I don't think anyone in here owned two vehicle.

Australian reviews suggest that the Mazda corners better than the Ford but is jittery on less than smooth roads. As a Mazda 3.2 owner I would agree that it handles well but the ride can be quite firm.

So you classify your 3.2 Mazda's ride as can be quite firm.

If I wanted a less firm ride, wouldn't an upgrade of shock absorbers and 'smoother' riding tires go a long way to make the Mazda ride less firm or is there something more involved?

I am also curious as to why there is such a huge demand for Ford's 3.2L and not for the similarly(?) equipped Mazda 3.2L?

Australian reviews suggest that the Mazda corners better than the Ford but is jittery on less than smooth roads. As a Mazda 3.2 owner I would agree that it handles well but the ride can be quite firm.

If I wanted a less firm ride, wouldn't an upgrade of shock absorbers and 'smoother' riding tires go a long way to make the Mazda ride less firm or is there something more involved?

I am also curious as to why there is such a huge demand for Ford's 3.2L and not for the similarly(?) equipped Mazda 3.2L?

I think it all comes down to looks, I bet +75% of people looking to buy a truck find the Ranger better looking including myself.

I own a WT 2.2 by the way and I am very happy with it, just been to Koh Chang in it and no probs what so ever, often did +140 km/h on the way to the ferry from Pattaya when traffic was light.

I tried a BT50 2.2 manual trans while waiting for my Ranger and it drove great too but it was a short test ride. The BT 50 have a more nice interior than the Ranger but not by a large margin in my opinion.

Both my wife and I agreed that the Ranger looks best of the 2 so we waited 8 month for the Ranger and we could have taken a BT50 2.2 auto right away.

actually it's the other way around, Mazda's firmer and Ford's softer.

also the Mazda has a quicker steering ratio and nicer interior.

Tires might help, shocks not so much unless you are changing the springs as well.