No shame,no morals.

Kangawallafox

Atycib, Long on the brag light on the fact.

You wrote 50% of the USA Cuban sneaking into the US policy. The USA tries to prevent Cubans from entering America. However if they make it through the gauntlet of law enforcement upholding American borders and due to the fact that a large percent of the population of Florida are legal Cubans who vote in American elections once on dry land they are allowed to stay, subject to immigration screening. It is not obvious when considering the wet foot/dry foot policy that only the dry foot part of the policy be explained. You explained the dry foot part and left people not aware of American policy that wet feet are not allowed.

I don't think Thailand should let Royhingas in. I live in Thailand and pay taxes in Thailand.

You have tried to misdirect the topic we were posting about so I'll re post it.

I wrote, "A country has the right to secure it's borders. Do the Royhingas have a right to migrate to Scotland?"

You wrote, "Yes a country has the right to secure its borders. As a so called democracy and member of UN there exists a concept known as "humane treatment" and deportation. Governments actually use some taxpayer money to provide some water and even food, temporary quarters prior to deportation. Towing overloaded boats that likely have little food or water out sea where it is a distinct possibility some/many/all could/will die seems to suggest the navy served as judge, jury and executioner.

If you are american and not american indian or eskimo then your lineage came from another country."

I'm all ears what do you think Thailand should do with the Royhingas?

As far as I know the Royhingas are Muslims who flew the Pakistani flag during their uprising in Burma. Maybe Pakistan wants them. They have nothing in common with the majority of Thais unlike the Cubans from Cuba who are all related to the Cubans in America.

My profound apologies for not explaining the other component of the cuban refugee policy. US coast guard / navy may tow them back to cuba but they have been known to render humanitarian aid in the process eg; food and water and perhaps medical attention. i am unaware of the us towing them out to sea simply to drift with whatever food/water they may have left. i am unaware of the us shooting them.

Fair enough, you made your point.

The topic was related to double pricing shame and morals then got expanded / expounded upon to include refugee immigrants that enter illegally = rohingya into thailand at which point you asked if they have the right to migrate to scotland.

Political expression via a pakistani flag is not so terrible. many parts of miami look and feel and sound like cuba including cuban flags. many other ethnicities in the us setup their neighborhoods in a language other than english and have been known to display flags of national origin.

thailand needs to decide on their own what to do with illegal immigrants. there are ngo organizations that can consult in addition to the un. guess some options include allowing them to work in positions that are unfilled by thai's. thailand seems to use a lot of other immigrant labor albeit it not infrequently under subhuman conditions. my main point was i dont believe it is right to mistreat these people as in shooting them or towing to sea (hostile environment where they may die)

Analysis of and critique of your argument should not be confused with bragging.

I think it shows the tolerance of the United States that after two hundred or so years of colonisation Florida and the Western southern states still retain their Hispanic culture

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not due to "tolerance" in a cultural sense, just that the US isn't totalitarian. Language and culture are very very hard to wipe out in regions where they are the majority.

But yes, multi-culturalism is practiced more in western countries, Australia and Canada being much more successful than the US.

The Thais certainly have tried - native first-language speakers of languages/dialects other than the official central Thai aren't allowed to learn their first language in school - in fact most aren't even aware that their own language has a different (often older) writing system.

Educating a Khmer speaker from Surin/Buriram/Sisaket to be proud of their language and culture, much more advanced long before Thailand's, is considered almost subversive.

We have all been hit with being overpriced at one time or another, some people are bothered others not........I am, I don't like it, I feel ripped off and taken for a soft touch! But you can't dwell on it, I would have done just what you would have done OP.....Moved to another outlet, but I don't think I would have told them, why? They wouldn't care, in there eyes you would have been the problem. It's just part of living here.

I remember trying to buy lamps, for the outside of my house, picked two, (with price clearly marked on the display items) I think around 250 Baht each........They got them from the back, tested them in front of me and rapped them up. I then handed 500 Baht note over......Long story short....They wanted 2000 Baht........Took a while to get my 500 Baht back before leaving, all the time being offered 'special price'.......Unbelievable dumb sales tactics.

I told them because they think they are sly and will not get caught,it bothers them if only for a moment,they are not the busiest vendor,add up twenty eight coffees a week.

If any thing it makes me feel better,lol.

Absolutely no reason for you to feel embarrassed of what you did as you did the right thing.

The reason so many Thais feels it is ok to rip foreigners off, is exactly what you can see in this thread, many of us thinks it is ok to do it.

We have all been hit with being overpriced at one time or another, some people are bothered others not........I am, I don't like it, I feel ripped off and taken for a soft touch! But you can't dwell on it, I would have done just what you would have done OP.....Moved to another outlet, but I don't think I would have told them, why? They wouldn't care, in there eyes you would have been the problem. It's just part of living here.

I remember trying to buy lamps, for the outside of my house, picked two, (with price clearly marked on the display items) I think around 250 Baht each........They got them from the back, tested them in front of me and rapped them up. I then handed 500 Baht note over......Long story short....They wanted 2000 Baht........Took a while to get my 500 Baht back before leaving, all the time being offered 'special price'.......Unbelievable dumb sales tactics.

I told them because they think they are sly and will not get caught,it bothers them if only for a moment,they are not the busiest vendor,add up twenty eight coffees a week.

Absolutely no reason for you to feel embarrassed of what you did as you did the right thing.

The reason so many Thais feels it is ok to rip foreigners off, is exactly what you can see in this thread, many of us thinks it is ok to do it.

Name one country that visitors pay the same price as natives in everything?

My country in Europe, or the usa also.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Wrong wrt the USA - lots and lots of tourist attractions have lower prices for locals.

Way off base. Like the poster above said, tourist attractions and school tuition, health care, long term health care, unemployment benefits and many more. What is your country in Europe so we can pick your argument apart further...biggrin.png

Call them "ai heea khee gohng" in front of their regular customers. That'll teach them good and proper. They will be forced to relocate their cart which could be a major pain for them if they have found a good spot.

What if it was a woman?

If it is a woman, you would change from Ai to Ee. It is not a present word to say to people actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Way off base. Like the poster above said, tourist attractions and school tuition, health care, long term health care, unemployment benefits and many more. What is your country in Europe so we can pick your argument apart further...biggrin.png

How about flipping that coin... name the countries that have a different price setting for visitors.