No shame,no morals.

Kangawallafox

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean to say that your wife didn't know you two were overcharged all this time?

How would she,only been staying in the soi two weeks,was her that found out as I don't speak thai.

Ok.

I was under the impression that most of them have like a 6th sense when it comes to prices of things so her mind must've kicked in late.

Anyway nevermind and a happy new year to both of you.

Kangawallafox, on 29 Dec 2013 - 08:47, said:
krisb, on 29 Dec 2013 - 08:46, said:

28 a week! Must be a dam_n fine iced coffee?

1each in the morning,then in the evening.

Too much coffee for you and your wife......cut down.

If you reduce it by 50%.....you don't have to worry about the overcharge ......and you will be healthier.

• Like 2

You mean to say that your wife didn't know you two were overcharged all this time?

How would she,only been staying in the soi two weeks,was her that found out as I don't speak thai.

But why don't you speak thai, it is only in your own interest to learn the language of the country you are living in, I was at a direct disadvantage, I arrived in an isaan village direct from 7months in borneo,having just trying to learn the basic,malay, Iban and sakai dialects and as I was part of a ghurka unit my head was <deleted> up with ghurkhali as well,while I considered it helpful to me I started to learn thai, big joke as I was to find out years later the thai spoken in Yasothon province is a mixture of laos ,Khmer and doubledutch,when I first spoke to a thai officer he commented on my excellent pronunciation , but advised me not to use the isaan dialect when talking to city thais,as they think of it as a language of the gutter!!how do you forget the language you are using everyday and try to learn an entirely different version of the language,like with german or swiss, I learned the language first and then the dialects, but even today in Thailand my friends say Ispeak thai like a Laos Pimp !!learn the language mate ,no one will laugh at you
  • Like 1

We have all been hit with being overpriced at one time or another, some people are bothered others not........I am, I don't like it, I feel ripped off and taken for a soft touch! But you can't dwell on it, I would have done just what you would have done OP.....Moved to another outlet, but I don't think I would have told them, why? They wouldn't care, in there eyes you would have been the problem. It's just part of living here.

I remember trying to buy lamps, for the outside of my house, picked two, (with price clearly marked on the display items) I think around 250 Baht each........They got them from the back, tested them in front of me and rapped them up. I then handed 500 Baht note over......Long story short....They wanted 2000 Baht........Took a while to get my 500 Baht back before leaving, all the time being offered 'special price'.......Unbelievable dumb sales tactics.

• Like 2

But why don't you speak thai, it is only in your own interest to learn the language of the country you are living in, I was at a direct disadvantage, I arrived in an isaan village direct from 7months in borneo,having just trying to learn the basic,malay, Iban and sakai dialects and as I was part of a ghurka unit my head was fuc_ked up with ghurkhali as well,while I considered it helpful to me I started to learn thai, big joke as I was to find out years later the thai spoken in Yasothon province is a mixture of laos ,Khmer and doubledutch,when I first spoke to a thai officer he commented on my excellent pronunciation , but advised me not to use the isaan dialect when talking to city thais,as they think of it as a language of the gutter!!how do you forget the language you are using everyday and try to learn an entirely different version of the language,like with german or swiss, I learned the language first and then the dialects, but even today in Thailand my friends say Ispeak thai like a Laos Pimp !!learn the language mate ,no one will laugh at you

No I will not learn the language but thanks for the advice,I spend most of my time in oz.

• Like 1

Only shop eat drink where prices are displayed.

When there is no price, there is a reason there is no price.

Gf didnt know? I find that very hard to believe. Its very very common for gfs to participate or at least allow foreigner bf to be overcharged.

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 1

Almost every day on the walk home from work, I buy a fried-thing-on-a-stick from a vendor. I've always thought it was odd that she charges me 22 baht for it. Prices are usually to the nearest five baht for everything. I have a sneaking suspicion I'm being charges a 2 baht foreigner tax, but I haven't been bothered enough to have somebody go check it for me.

If I ever do check and it turns out she charges Thais the same 22 baht, I'll come back here and eat my hat.