Are City Hall And Thais In Pattaya Aware Of All The Criticism ?

morrobay

Every day City Hall and Thais in general in Pattaya take a heavy shelling in the foreign news and various discussion forums on just about everything they do. And for good reason:

Any guesses on what percent of the Thais in Pattaya including City Hall are aware of all this criticism by foreigners about them ? .

100% but they are all there to make money.

It was a fishing village of a few hundred so everyone has gone there to make money from what it is known for.

Most the land owners live in Bangkok or Chonburi city.

It's Thailand , it's all about money.

The university students being the new face of Pattaya that was in the news this week shows they know what people think of it.

Irrelevant question, really. Too much time on your hands I guess.

More relevant for you would be "Why do you care? What business is it of yours?"

If the Thai gov't paid attn to the "criticism," much of which is simply political or moralistic, the place would be Sarasota, Florida, USA--which of course gets no criticism. :) White grannies are firmly in charge there. You want Sarasota, move there and pay all the taxes.

Besides, Pattaya gets far more praise than criticism. Hence we get millions of tourists yearly. Still. For every critic, a thousand Brits are dreaming in their council estates of some way to move here permanently, as soon as possible. :) You seem to have conveniently ignored all that. Why?

• Like 2

Here is the difference using your argument regarding uk. If the public works dug holes and did not protect the public they would be sued and loose. Here it is just accepted. It is not just foreigners who get injured in these dangerous holes. It would be interesting to actually know how many injuries have happened unnecessarily on sidewalks.

They maybe aware that foreigners dont like this or that, but it is something they dont care, and certainly something they don't spend time thinking about

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sure they are. But they mostly don't care - they feel superior - what should a Farang know better than a Thai.. And if they care, they can't really act on it, as their capabilities are very limited and hindered by we all know what.

Just look at the situation on Beach Rd. these days. Market stands that leave anywhere from 60 -110 cm for people to walk. Piles of garbage. Tourists walking along both sides on the road, getting hit by cars and bikes. Ridiculous.

Anybody walking around town these days must realize what kind of deterioration we have seen over the last 20 years. A shame what is becoming out of the once beautiful, exotic Thailand. Won't elaborate, as negative voices are usually not very welcome on this forum. And frankly, none of us can hope to make a change. HAPPY NEW YEAR. MS>

• Like 2

The only time it would matter is if criticism is made directly to them, in front of their faces and in front of fellow Thais, and causes them to "lose face" in front of fellow Thais. All else is irrelevant - it can easily be dismissed by pretending it doesn't exist or is only the babblings of stupid farang. The local Pattaya media and community broadsheets (some call them newspapers) take sycophancy to the extreme, and can be dismissed. So, why worry about foreign media criticism when the money is rolling in? What is happening along beach road at the moment is a classic example of rank stupidity trumping common sense in order to turn a cheap buck - and to hell with quality tourism.

Well said! HAPPY NEW YEAR! MS>

Here is the difference using your argument regarding uk. If the public works dug holes and did not protect the public they would be sued and loose. Here it is just accepted. It is not just foreigners who get injured in these dangerous holes. It would be interesting to actually know how many injuries have happened unnecessarily on sidewalks.

We don't want Pattaya (or Thailand for that matter) to be like the UK. That is why we are here and not in the UK or our home countries.

Irrelevant question, really. Too much time on your hands I guess.

More relevant for you would be "Why do you care? What business is it of yours?"

If the Thai gov't paid attn to the "criticism," much of which is simply political or moralistic, the place would be Sarasota, Florida, USA--which of course gets no criticism. smile.png White grannies are firmly in charge there. You want Sarasota, move there and pay all the taxes.

Besides, Pattaya gets far more praise than criticism. Hence we get millions of tourists yearly. Still. For every critic, a thousand Brits are dreaming in their council estates of some way to move here permanently, as soon as possible. smile.png You seem to have conveniently ignored all that. Why?

Another arrogant Sixpack post.

Why is this question irrelevant??

I find it quite intersting. Why should we not discuss it??

But my answer to the question would be also: No, they don't care much as long as the money keeps rolling in. Farangs stay away?? No problem, here come the Chinks.

The oldies in the forum will remember the Great Saudi Influx in the early 1980's. It was sad to see how much the Pattaya Thais craweld up the Saudi's rectum then. City hall and the Thais probably did not love them, but that's where the money was. Thais seem to be born opportunists.

Money money money. That's how they are, full stop.

• Like 1

Why is this question irrelevant??

Because City Hall and Pattaya Thais are just gonna do what City Hall and Pattaya Thais want to do regardless of how much TV posters flap their gums. They'll carry on just as they always have. Mai pen rai!

It's merely an excuse of the day for City Hall and Thai bashing. What we have is a circle of old biddies gossiping in a nursing home: one biddie complains how the maid didn't make her bed properly, or how her potatoes weren't mashed sufficiently, and the others all nod their heads wisely and murmur exclamations of sympathy and horror.

And underneath it's just the same old whine of "Dam_n Thais! I want Santa Barbara with sex and full citizenship rights while I pay dirt cheap Third World prices and little or no tax. That's what I came for; that's the way it should be."

Silly, silly.

Yep, posters like yourself can never get enough of that same ol' whine in its infinite variations, so it will always fill threads here and sell newspapers. Always has, always will--again and again and again ad nauseam.

• Like 2

Silly, silly.

Yep, posters like yourself can never get enough of that same ol' whine in its infinite variations, so it will always fill threads here and sell newspapers. Always has, always will--again and again.

Yo!

Again you are arguing with nice people of TV!

I'm trying pick a side here.

I would take your side, cost to you is less than the usual 500 baht for 1 vote, an accepted norm here.

This is Christamas, time of giving, yes?

So I ask Santa to give me a pic of the 6 pack!

(I also accept tasteful nudes, but ONLY in private message)

We have rules here, afterall!

Some of these replies are eveything and a song - except an answer to the question : Again, Any guesses on what percent of Thais, incl city hall are aware of all the criticism ?

Everyone knows Thais dont care about the opinions by foreigners. But since Thais do not criticise , pretty sure they resent the criticism by foreigners even if they dont care about the subject of the criticism.