PDRC to shut down Bangkok by end of next week

Lite Beer

Where is the prime minister? What does she have to say in response to this latest plan by the protesters? Why isn't she in Bangkok overseeing the crisis?

Why be in BKK when you can monitor the situation from your iPad..... get into the 21st Century!!

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No pain, no gain. I hope the PDRC have worked out how to implement a strategy for exit counseling for a couple of million people from the cult of Shinawat. As with any cult following, rebuilding the followers self esteem and life can be difficult and traumatic after coming to terms with having been used by the cult leader for his own personal benefit only. I have to admit some surprise that Thaksin has been so successful in building such a cult following, he can't levitate like Shoko Asahara, can't write pop songs like Charlie Manson and doesn't have the good looks of Jimmy Jones. Either way, I wish PDRC luck trying to deprogram and re-educate the Isaanites.

Thailands future rests in your hands Khun Suthep. Fight the good fight, uniting the country will earn you reverence in the Thai history books.

Only naive newbies would think the yellows are somehow better in this. For example the corruption index of Thailand jumped from position 62 to over 80 during the yellow rule of 2006-2008. Now it is over 100.

"Surayud's government was a controversial one. There was a significant worsening in perceived levels of corruption during his government. Surayud's Deputy Finance Minister, Sommai Pasee, was sentenced to jail for abuse of power. Surayud raised the military budget by 35% and was accused of economic mismanagement, rampant human rights abuses, and flip-flopping on numerous policies." - wiki

I don't think anyone should give too much thoughts on the "Corruption Perception Index".

Just because I perceive that half of ThaiVisa members are idiots doesn't mean I'm right!!

Someone else might perceive that ThaiVisa is full of superiorly educated professionals,

doesn't mean they are right either.

All it takes, just bring ONE politician to court, convict him of corruption and shoot him.

Tomorrow, half the country will think, corruption has gone down.

Just look how China's "Corruption Perception Index " has changed after they executed

Xu Maiyong and Jiang Renjie but don't tell me that China is suddenly less corrupt.

Suthep looks communist to the core. He wants to institute an unelected "peoples committee"? Where else have we seen that and what has been the end state of those countries? Bad news indeed.

Kleptocracist to the core.

Kleptocrats on both sides.

Cannot believe that posters think this has anything to do with democracy. Its a straight out power struggle between the old long established, but recently threatened, network and a nouveau (in Thai terms) plutocrat, both manipulating different groups of people to grab or hold onto power. As for Suthep being a communist - ridiculous. Have a look at his connections .... .

Absolutely right.

• Like 2

I think there will be buss-loads of people coming from all over the north of Thailand (Issan region)

but what i'm wondering is who is paying all these people to come to Bangkok, as far as i know

each protester is paid 300 Baht per day (i think), it's going to be a lot of money.

Thaksin has lots and if he gets his way he will have even more.

When they give it back to him they should make him come over here to Thailand top get it.

I think he will pass it up on that condition.

he didn't mean the airports, etc. he meant government venues. and for that he does not need millions. let's 10,000 per ministry, time 13 or so, and a few ten more for ther government centwer and any other places. let's say 150,000 to 200,000 protesters could do it.

and we non-thais won't be unaffected if that happens and lasts for one or two weeks. assume somebody wants to renew his/her visa, work permit, etc., and no office is open to do that in time. and i don't think that in that case there would be any waivers or extensions from the thai autorities. in phuket they threatened to arrest foreigner who worked without a work permit for the period they were working without it because of the temporary closure of the employment office. although it was not clear whether they meant only new applicants (then it would have been the existing regulation anyway) or also renewals hich could not be done in time...

Go on, I dares ye. Shut down the airports and the ports and the industrial estates. No? Suthep, you're just chicken.

Heard it all before for 3 months now and I aint seen no MILLIONS in the streets yet

No Shin's in, no cry

No Shin's in, no cry

Red red

Red I remember when u used to sit

in the government yard in Krung Tep

Krab-a krab pom, some might be hypocrites,

as they would mingle and give handouts or bricks to those they meet

Good friends we've had, good friends we've lost, it'sa lot of mon-ay ay

In this bright future, you can't forget ideas from the past

So get your coloured shirt I say

No fighting no cry, no fighting no cry

Oh little sister don't shed no tears

It's different this time

By Mob Gnarley

goof.gif.pagespeed.ce.KJ2oZpgSLm.giffacepalm.gif Cringe

• Like 1

Poor old Suthep - Absolutely clueless. Fouling his own nest BKK over the Holiday Season. Unbelievable. Posturing and strutting like a little Mussolini, arms folded, jut-jawed, and full of himself. This guy is headed for a fall, big time ...

• Like 1

Doesn't he have an appointment on Jan 2 in court ?? whistling.gif

Right on que, human shield of epic proportions, what a coward.

He might be a nutter, or just a good actor (great duet with Yinggy).

But, he ain't fled - not like the red bull brat and the number one fugitive. No them's real cowards.

Just keep the bars open. Carry on.

Like so...let the baht fall to all time low in exchange..investment fall..only then do the powers at hand realize how the Thai will suffer. As for me I am glad I am in Pattaya away from the Chaos n BKK. Let the fire run it course and see how ignorant the masses are in not follow democracy. No logic in Thai thinking. Happy New Year in a all time low of the baht...

Suthep and Abhisit are just like other dictators and thugs. If you cannot win an election (even after three different constitutions) and you are labeled a born loser you use your brown or black Mussolini shirts to force people in submission.

That's fine. We know how Suthep and the Democrat party have ruled in Southern Thailand. We know that they cannot even control one single village over there and that they embraced violence in the South. But Bangkok is not the south. Only a mere 25% of Bangkokians are registered as such and vote. 75% is unregistered and mainly red.

Suthep can muster 150000 people on the streets and he can use his Malay and Chinese speaking thugs to attack the police. But he grossly overestimate his power if he thinks that he can commit another act of treason. Even an army leader who was born before the computer age and who has never learned to use twitter or social media will understand that they have to take him and his thugs out. if the Bangkokians who are losing their livelihood will not do it themselves.

Suthep is a chicken.

Ahhisit, a sitting member of parliament and leader of the Dems.

Suthep, self styled leader of the people's revolution.

I wonder why you need to label Abhisit in this case, he is not in the game at this point, merely watching it.

Actually, I do know, your just another disgruntled little red apologist who needs to show his lack of intellect at every possible occasion.

FYI: There is more to democracy than winning elections, unfortunately you have no clue about this and sadly, apparently neither do most Thai politicians.

• Like 1

Poor old Suthep - Absolutely clueless. Fouling his own nest BKK over the Holiday Season. Unbelievable. Posturing and strutting like a little Mussolini, arms folded, jut-jawed, and full of himself. This guy is headed for a fall, big time ...

Hey - it worked for Mussolini (for a while) just as "POW SIRIRAJ - POW KRUNGTHEP" and the ensuing deaths

worked for Thaksin (for a while). BTW has Suthep defined what he means by "shut down" - I don't think so.

We'll all just have to wait and see...

Edited by GazR

Suthep and Abhisit are just like other dictators and thugs. If you cannot win an election (even after three different constitutions) and you are labeled a born loser you use your brown or black Mussolini shirts to force people in submission.

That's fine. We know how Suthep and the Democrat party have ruled in Southern Thailand. We know that they cannot even control one single village over there and that they embraced violence in the South. But Bangkok is not the south. Only a mere 25% of Bangkokians are registered as such and vote. 75% is unregistered and mainly red.

Suthep can muster 150000 people on the streets and he can use his Malay and Chinese speaking thugs to attack the police. But he grossly overestimate his power if he thinks that he can commit another act of treason. Even an army leader who was born before the computer age and who has never learned to use twitter or social media will understand that they have to take him and his thugs out. if the Bangkokians who are losing their livelihood will not do it themselves.

Suthep is a chicken.

I wonder why you need to label Abhisit in this case, he is not in the game at this point, merely watching it.

Actually, I do know, your just another disgruntled little red apologist who needs to show his lack of intellect at every possible occasion.

FYI: There is more to democracy than winning elections, unfortunately you have no clue about this and sadly, apparently neither do most Thai politicians.

You are wasting your time with these red bigots - you are spot on with the "lack of intellect" comment as it sums them up perfectly!!

• Like 1

Suthep is a chicken.

I don't think Abhisit is a sitting member of parliament right now or will be if they have the elections on 2 Feb 14
Edited by Nowhereman60

he didn't mean the airports, etc. he meant government venues. and for that he does not need millions. let's 10,000 per ministry, time 13 or so, and a few ten more for ther government centwer and any other places. let's say 150,000 to 200,000 protesters could do it.

and we non-thais won't be unaffected if that happens and lasts for one or two weeks. assume somebody wants to renew his/her visa, work permit, etc., and no office is open to do that in time. and i don't think that in that case there would be any waivers or extensions from the thai autorities. in phuket they threatened to arrest foreigner who worked without a work permit for the period they were working without it because of the temporary closure of the employment office. although it was not clear whether they meant only new applicants (then it would have been the existing regulation anyway) or also renewals hich could not be done in time...

I know you might find it hard to believe, but this is NOT about visas and workpermits!!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Suthep is a chicken.

I don't think Abhisit is a sitting member of parliament right now or will be if they have the elections on 2 Feb 14

He won't be an MP because he is not contesting the election and there won''t be elections on 2 Feb 14

So it's necessary to destroy democracy in order to save it?

Can't make an omelette without smashing a few eggs.

but you cant make an omelette by smashing up the kitchen

Why can't you? If you smash up the washing machine, cupboards and sink you can still use the cooker!!

Doesn't he have an appointment on Jan 2 in court ?? whistling.gif

Right on que, human shield of epic proportions, what a coward.

At least he has stayed in Thailand ... so far .... not like the convicted criminal coward living in dubai

if he turns up at court ill take it back ;)

He wiill go to court for sure . Only after he wins and his PDRC forms a court and invites him. He promised.

Suthep is a chicken.

Did he resign his seat?

I may have missed that in all the turmoil. If not, then he holds his seat until the next election. The fact that an election has been called in no way changes his MP status.

Were he to lose his seat (or fail to run) in the next election, then that would be a change in status.

Edited by DrDweeb

Suthep is a chicken.

Did he resign his seat?

I may have missed that in all the turmoil. If not, then he holds his seat until the next election. The fact that an election has been called in no way changes his MP status.

Were he to lose his seat (or fail to run) in the next election, then that would be a change in status.

He didn't have to resign his seat Yingluck did it for him.

So it's necessary to destroy democracy in order to save it?

Can't make an omelette without smashing a few eggs.

but you cant make an omelette by smashing up the kitchen

But the kitchen layout is created in a mess.

Wouldn't it better to redesign the kitchen to make your cooking process better and smoothly without any "obstruction"?

Just my humble opinion.

wai2.gif

I know I am stupid, but can someone please explain to me, how spoiling the lives and businesses of the people, who voted for you (Dems has many voters in Bkk) is going to make them support your cause?

Suthep! Your "enemy" is in the north. So take your stupid fight to Khon Kaen, Surin or Buriram.

But I guess you are too much of a chickenshit to do that!!bah.gif

If you are a taxpayer and you are upset at the massive waste of your taxes, i reckon you might give them some leeway.

Sort of ' better the devil you dont know'.

As for the enemy being in the North, sure if ypu mean North Dubai.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by pedro01

Yes, and when this idiot selfish flock of sheep will get tear gas they will be very very up set. To try to stop entire to BKK this is a simple terrorist act.

I hope the police can handle this case and the DSI catches this madman benito before he makes bigger damage.

I'm not red flock sheep mate at all please listen when answer ! wai.gif