2014 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

Rooo

So it's my wife's Birthday coming up, and I wanted to surprise her with some fancy/romantic dinner somewhere. Beach, sunset, walking on flowers, you know...

She happens to have the same Birthday as the king: Dec 5.

Thus I thought maybe that could turn out to be a nice coincidence being in Thailand (special king's birthday processions etc, or even be eligible for receiving Thai citizenship, ;-)

I checked the W-retreat resort Mae Nam. Their birthday special (beachside dinner for two, with 1 bottle of house wine) would cost 18,000 ( eighteen thousand) BTH !!

There must be something less lunatic, price-wise.

Any suggestions? Please no "jungle". My wife freaks out at the sight of a mosquito...

A nanny present would also be nice, to carry our 1 y/o daughter around for an hour or so.

It is now 18 November 2014 and I am again looking for a place on Koh Samui that will be serving an American style Thanksgiving meal. Last year I could not find a place, so this year I have my fingers and toes crossed.

If anyone knows of a place, I would be delighted to hear about it. wai.gif

Thanksgiving feast at Stacked in Koh Samui

You are all invited to the Thanksgiving festival at Stacked where a 3 course meal with all of the trimmings awaits you.

http://www.samuitimes.com/thanksgiving-feast-stacked-koh-samui

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Has anyone seen any Bounty bars around lately? Tesco used to have them.

In Big C today - both plain and milk chocolate. Imported food section - next to the freezer section licklips.gif Not too many plain ones left. Sorry whistling.gif

I found the coconut a little sweet when I tried one at home yesterday but it nonetheless vanished pretty quickly! smile.png

The 'Cadbury's dairy milk' bars have a distinct UK flavour too.The chocolate isn't too sweet as often found here; presumably to enhance the shelf life in this climate.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Just found my favourite protein powder on Samui licklips.gif

For anyone who is interested in buying protein powder: At home in Germany I found the best whey protein to be ISO COOL by the company Ultimate Nutrition. Zero fat, zero carbs and 23g of protein in 26g of powder. It also tastes great (the vamilla version). Today I found exactly that powder , sold (together with a large array of other supplements and brands) at

Samui Health Center Pharmacy, which is located cross PTT gasoline station between Lotus and Bangkok Samui Hospital (Main Ring Road).

So far I was only checking their website. Will go there today to find out more (prices!)

post-224939-0-07279600-1417755591_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...