How to dispose of an old washing machine

Asiantravel

Today I bought a new washing machine at Big C which offer free delivery . But I also asked if they would simultaneously take away the old machine and dispose of it whichever way they want at the same time.

The sales staff kind of hesitated and none of the 7 or 8 sales assistants

that eventually gathered around could understand that much English and I tried my best to communicate in a mixture of Thai and English. i think they said yes in the endblink.png

But If the delivery crew don't agree to take my old machine when they come could anyone please suggest how I can dispose of it. My normal household refuse is usually deposited in a communal wheelie bin but I am assuming they would not be too pleased if they found a washing machine next to the bins when the collectors come?

I could well be wrong but guess that if you put it out with/next to the everyday rubbish, some recycler would soon pick it up.

If it still works, maybe of some use to a charity that would be prepared to pick it up ?

Father Ray`s, Jespers maybe ?

smile.png

• Like 1

I could well be wrong but guess that if you put it out with/next to the everyday rubbish, some recycler would soon pick it up.

If it still works, maybe of some use to a charity that would be prepared to pick it up ?

Father Ray`s, Jespers maybe ?

smile.png

I never thought about charities. Good idea!

Thanks a lot

thumbsup.gif

is it still working? I'm interested in buying a washing machine too but hey why not take a second hand if it does the job! If it still works and you're interested to give it away, send me a PM and I'll arrange to pay some bath bus drivers to pick it up and deliver it to my place! Let me know

Do what most Thais do ,dump it on waste land!!!!,not that i would you understand. we give our old stuff to charity.

Can never understand why......... here everything is recycled,, fridge or washing machine you get 700 baht, loads of pickup drive about looking for old and broken stuff they will give 500 baht