Why cant apple just make the camera so its always right way up

2008bangkok

I really cannot understand why apple cannot make it so that when a video is taken and transfer to PC or mac running VLC it shows the correct way up, its crazy at the moment running ios 7.

if i take a video in portrait(home button bottom) in front or back camera its always 90 degress to the left or right when transfered

if i take a video in landscape (home button to the right) using back camera its correct but if i use front camera its upside down

If i take a video in landscape(home button to the left) usng back camera its upside down but using the front camera its correct.

This is ridiculous, not user friendly at all, why can then not just alwasy show correctly!

Of course if you use apples own then it will show correctly but who want to use Quicksh_t

Edited by 2008bangkok

BEFORE you press the "Rec" button you must adjust the phone in the way you want the phone recording the video.

Don't turn the phone around or upside down wile you recording than you have this effect where the video always is in the wrong scape.

BEFORE you press the "Rec" button you must adjust the phone in the way you want the phone recording the video.

Don't turn the phone around or upside down wile you recording than you have this effect where the video always is in the wrong scape.

but I don't wanna have to remember which way to adjust the phone and in some circumstances it's not possible for example it's impossible to record a video in portrait mode and the video come out the correct way why is it not possible to do??

Apple, but also most other camera and device manufacturers store a value in the exif data to represent orientation. Windows media player and older vlc don't support this.

However you can manually rotate a portrait or upside down shot video within these players.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14751/rotate-a-video-90-degrees-with-vlc-or-windows-live-movie-maker/

Good luck.

Apple, but also most other camera and device manufacturers store a value in the exif data to represent orientation. Windows media player and older vlc don't support this.

However you can manually rotate a portrait or upside down shot video within these players.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14751/rotate-a-video-90-degrees-with-vlc-or-windows-live-movie-maker/

Good luck.

Iv seen the option to rotate videos in VLC before it's less than ideal though especially if you want to send it to somebody who's not tech savvy and just wants to double click and watch, would be far more easier just for them to include something in the software to take car I this, makes no sense at all to be like the current setup

• Like 1