Former tennis star Paradorn to run for Bangkok MP

webfact

'Paradorn' tries his hand at politics

BANGKOK 30 December 2013 (NNT) — Paradorn Srichaphan, the Thai tennis ace who was once ranked 9th in the world, has decided to try his hand at politics by registering under the banner of the Chartthaipattana Party in Bangkok.

Former tennis player Paradorn Srichaphan has registered for the upcoming elections under the Charthaipattana Party in Bangkok District 6, covering Dindaeng and Phayathai districts.

Paradorn has been with the Chart Pattana Puea Pandin Party for a number of years. He planned to contest in the April 2011's general election; However, he was unqualified to be fielded by the party, given he had not exercise his voting rights in an election prior to that.

Paradorn Srichaphan is a former Thai tennis player that was ranked 9th in the world in 2003. He had bagged 5 championships during his career before suffering from a chronic wrist injury that forced him to retire in 2010.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-12-30 footer_n.gif

Paradorn Srichaphan is a former Thai tennis player that was ranked 9th in the world in 2003. He had bagged 5 championships during his career before suffering from a chronic wrist injury that forced him to retire in 2010.

A chronic wrist injuru !!!

Let's be fair about it that ''chronic wrist injury'' will put Paradon into the main club of members of parliament of all parties many of whom suffer from ''chronic wrist injuries'' caused by parliamentary business. it's rather like a palsy in its actions and often at 99 shakes there comes a personal relief for the member from the palsy type action.whistling.gif

Edited by siampolee

Generally sportsmen don't make good politicians , too much is expected of them right from the start , they are also pretty good sorts of people, it is very intimidating being shouted down twelve hours a day , with the odd deformation charge , threats against himself and family and some gentle brow beating from the staunch leaders in the community , may stem much interest after six months.coffee1.gif

Gingag mate please for the love of god make one of your new years resolutions to stop making such awful puns!

I will try your reverence, Were they that awful ??? or are you in a lousy mood, cheer up ya miserable so and so. enjoy. If that is your style I am pleased I will not share my new year celebration near you. Try to enjoy your new year, Have a trip on Thai SMILE flight one way.wai2.gif

• Like 2

Just what Thailand needs...... another amateur wannabe politician.

Do all politicians start as professionals then? Just wondering. It wasn't so very long ago that the dems launched 30 wannabe politicians on the scene - any whinging then?

Democrat to unveil 30 celebrities as electoral candidates

Published on May 11, 2011

"The Democrat Party will tomorrow unveil 30 electoral candidates who are celebrities and heirs of political families, PM's'Office Satit Wongnongtaey said on Wednesday.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Democrat-to-unveil-30-celebrities-as-electoral-can-30155162.html"

That's the dems for you, celebrity populism and financial nepotism!

• Like 1

Gingag mate please for the love of god make one of your new years resolutions to stop making such awful puns!

I will try your reverence, Were they that awful ??? or are you in a lousy mood, cheer up ya miserable so and so. enjoy. If that is your style I am pleased I will not share my new year celebration near you. Try to enjoy your new year, Have a trip on Thai SMILE flight one way.wai2.gif

All in jest mate. My apologies

• Like 2

Do all politicians start as professionals then? Just wondering. It wasn't so very long ago that the dems launched 30 wannabe politicians on the scene - any whinging then?

"The Democrat Party will tomorrow unveil 30 electoral candidates who are celebrities and heirs of political families, PM's'Office Satit Wongnongtaey said on Wednesday.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/Democrat-to-unveil-30-celebrities-as-electoral-can-30155162.html"

but ... but ... the Democrats aren't participating in this election. Only some others, the k. Paradon of the topic and Mrs. Yawapha's son and Ms. Yingluck of course.

He had bagged 5 championships during his career before suffering from a chronic wrist injury that forced him to retire in 2010.

Looking at his ex missus i wouldn't have thought he'd have to resort to having a quick Sherman......

Well maybe that's why he is the ex, if he was having too many Sherman's no wonder she went off.

Paradorn said he would try with no STRINGS attached and be of good SERVICE to the people by COURTting with a party. He would SLAM anyone and fire a VOLLEY of lead if they prevented his ambition. So A-FORHAND he is swatting, The BASELINE is he is new but will LOBby others who would LOVE to help.

Starting at GRASS roots, he will only get NET income.

And for whose ADVANTAGE will he be SERVING in politics?

• Like 2

but ... but ... the Democrats aren't participating in this election. Only some others, the k. Paradon of the topic and Mrs. Yawapha's son and Ms. Yingluck of course.

It's called a comparison rubl - it's used in debates. I can't see you adding anything useful to this one so I'll carry on, if it's all right by you.

Your not alone... GrantSmith agrees with you he thinks they are awful... but never mind eh.

Happy new year, Mca and thanks for posting.

With the Dems not fielding candidates, Bangkok seats are up for grabs.

'suppose Paradon has a good chance as any.

However, Dems politicians must vote on 2 Feb - I think there's a law whereby a person cannot be an MP if s/he did not vote in the previous general elections.

Paradorn said he would try with no STRINGS attached and be of good SERVICE to the people by COURTting with a party. He would SLAM anyone and fire a VOLLEY of lead if they prevented his ambition. So A-FORHAND he is swatting, The BASELINE is he is new but will LOBby others who would LOVE to help.

And for whose ADVANTAGE will he be SERVING in politics?

Your guess is as good as mine LOVEcheesy.gif

I hate this sort of PLAY on words. But if it's a silly GAME that Ginjag is SET on he'll be no MATCH for me.

I hate this sort of PLAY on words. But if it's a silly GAME that Ginjag is SET on he'll be no MATCH for me.

That makes 3 up to now that doesn't like word games.-------Feel like giving them a GRAND SLAM.wink.png

• Like 1