What should a pedestrian do (if anything) if a motorcyclist injures you?

Asiantravel

Good chance he's not going to stop.Be careful if he does.He might press the officials to have you pay for the damages of the motorcycle that you had caused.Ya definitely need to watch your back.

Ridiculous. This is just a Thai Bashing National Theme Song. Your membership in that group is now good for another year........

Grab a tissue...

It is getting more dangerous for pedestrians with the traffic jams at the moment.

I was nearly run over from behind on the footpath today outside of Tonys gym on Third Road because a motorcyclist stuck in the traffic decided to use the footpath.

Any compensation would be unlikely to be adequate to cover your medical expenses should you be hit.

Be careful out there it is silly season.

It goes both ways. Pedestrians often walk in the middle of the smaller sois seemingly blissfully unaware that they're walking on a roadway and blocking traffic.

True.

But pedestrians are much less likely to injure innocent bystanders.

It is getting more dangerous for pedestrians with the traffic jams at the moment.

I was nearly run over from behind on the footpath today outside of Tonys gym on Third Road because a motorcyclist stuck in the traffic decided to use the footpath.

Any compensation would be unlikely to be adequate to cover your medical expenses should you be hit.

Be careful out there it is silly season.

It goes both ways. Pedestrians often walk in the middle of the smaller sois seemingly blissfully unaware that they're walking on a roadway and blocking traffic.

True.

But pedestrians are much less likely to injure innocent bystanders.

I'm not sure about that. Pedestrians just hopping out in front of traffic can cause some serious accidents when motorists or bike riders swerve to avoid them. I saw a bike down just yesterday because he tried to avoid some pedestrians who decided they own the road. Ignorant pedestrians can be very troublesome and cause a lot of drama.

How often have you seen tourists cross a road looking in the wrong direction? Some of these people shouldn't leave home without supervision. Everyone who walks on a roadway should be watching the traffic closely. I'd say in most cases where pedestrians are injured they are asking for it.

As I said before - it goes both ways. Both have responsibility.

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

Be smart - walk facing traffic!

yes good advise but doesn't always work as I've had motorbikes fly past me with inches to spare as they are over taking on the right side - I actually believe they try to get as close as possible when they see a falang and when I turn round they've been doing some sort of dangerous overtake of a car and several motorbikes that were already passing the car - it's almost childlike bravado but so dangerous that it could get them or someone else killed - crazy

The driving in Pattaya in recent years has become atrocious - they all seem to be in some great hurry to be somewhere fast - I'll bet after screaming around the streets weaving in and out of traffic and pedestrians mounting footpaths that when they get to their destination they'll be sitting for 2 hours waiting for the next fare, it is little wonder there's now a huge weekly mortality rate in this city most of which we don't hear about in the local news.

and while on the subject of transport - this city is becoming a very very noisy place with all the boy racers on motorbikes that think it's cool to remove the exhaust innards and ride around on something that resembles the sound of a lawn mower - I find myself now having to close my balcony doors and windows at night to try and cut down the noise from these childish idiots with no silencer - the police need to come down hard on this practise before every small bike in the city is sounding like a Chinese firecracker........extremely annoying

I'm just interested to know what is the legal situation in Thailand as a pedestrian you are innocently walking down a soi (without sidewalk) and you are injured by a motorcyclist who is riding quite fast overtaking cars on the inside.

You think too mutt.

Think too mutt no good.

One cheap and easy accident insurance is the K-Bank Debit Card (ATM card). 400b and covers accident insurance in all hospitals up to around 5000b, you pay no cash. Had a friend in an accident on Ratchada and they were taken to Phra Ram 9 hospital (a very good private one that is more like a 4 star hotel). It covered the ambulance, x-rays, medication and follow up, they just took the details of the card and checked ID at the desk.

The 400b is deducted from your account each year.

Everytime I have seen a simpleton lunatic on a motosai hit something/someone they have fled the scene even faster than they entered it, every single time.

and the age limit for getting this insurance is?