Australian journalist says he's prepared for prison over Thai navy row

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see that there is at least one journalist worthy of the title.

Can a Farang beat the Thai navy in a Thai court? None and Buckley's come to mind. Some guys I know complained to a hotel manager about his book keeping. Instead of getting an explanation he sued them all for defamation. He got a neat 50,000 baht and has never answered their concerns. My advice...don't mess with the locals. I hope he sees the light and grovels out of it or he will be tied up forever or till he is broke then will if he is lucky get deported instead of jail. Very sad this is the way it is . Good luck to him though. Only my opinion of course. Hope I am wrong.

Can a Farang beat the Thai Navy in a Thai court????? probably never but when the U.N have come out and the entire international media have come out condemning Thailand for it's stupid abuse of stupid laws then I think he has a very good chance. Thailand stands not to loose massive face in the international community on top of the silly Suthep <deleted> but it is about to be hit in the face with a frontend loader and not a shovel.

• Like 1

Can a Farang beat the Thai Navy in a Thai court????? probably never but when the U.N have come out and the entire international media have come out condemning Thailand for it's stupid abuse of stupid laws then I think he has a very good chance. Thailand stands not to loose massive face in the international community on top of the silly Suthep <deleted> but it is about to be hit in the face with a frontend loader and not a shovel.

The entire international media? That's stretching the friendship...

Turn it up chooka, he's got about as much chance of winning here as St Kilda have of winning the AFL premiership this season...

I agree though, Thailand won't be losing anything over this.

Mr Morison's had the opportunity to apologise for his oversight, he claims he's had good relations with the RTN in the past and was surprised by their course of action, now he's prepared to do hard time for the cause and ultimately becoming persona non grata for what? Journalistic integrity? Give me strength.

He claims that the Australian Government's not interested in going into bat for him? Read our Ambassador's response to Mr Morison's queries. Sums it up real simple like.

From personal experience, I dont have much faith in Thai law or the legal system in Thailand. Lets say it can cost alot of money and take a long time to conclude a case. If you dont have money dont expect to get justice, its heavily favours the rich.