webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a little slap, and my experience of Russian tourists is worse than that

How can the police expect any respect when they put clowns like him in uniform.

He not only disgraces himself but also his colleges and profession.

This may very well be acceptable behavior by the police in this country. The problem arises with the failure of the police to recognize that behavior like this is not likely to help the tourism image, which is already suffering from a growing realization abroad that Thailand is not necessarily the most tourist friendly site on the planet, particularly in the areas of Phuket and Pattaya, locales that depend hugely on the income from tourism.

From what I can see in the video she slapped him first and he retaliated. Since we also don't know who was saying what it's hard to be black and white certain she didn't deserve it. Well, no, if she deserved the slap she deserved being arrested and charged which is what he should have done.

There is a lot missing to this story like why the rental company was back and what the traffic violation was and all that. I doubt we ever get more of the story.

• Like 1

Check out the video frame by frame from 57 sec on wards, she points what looks like a camera at the police man and when she passes behind him he lifts his left arm to knock the 'camera' away from him to stop having his photo taken. She then backs up on the pavement still pointing the 'camera' at him. he follows her and gives her a slap across the face.

Can't imagine what she said to him, but maybe he just didn't like his photo being taken.

Check out the video frame by frame from 57 sec on wards, she points what looks like a camera at the police man and when she passes behind him he lifts his left arm to knock the 'camera' away from him to stop having his photo taken. She then backs up on the pavement still pointing the 'camera' at him. he follows her and gives her a slap across the face.

Can't imagine what she said to him, but maybe he just didn't like his photo being taken.

I think your exactly right.

She was taking a photo or video and was assaulted for doing so.

You have to wonder, what had the cop done to warrant her to try and obtain proof?

In my opinion, the reason the cop exits quickly is he knows he's in hot water already.

• Like 1

It's inexcusable for a police officer to smack a lady across the face for no good reason. However, I would point out that many tourists here are not on their best behavior. I had a guy sit at my table when I went to the restroom. I returned and politely asked him if I could have my seat and table back. He became extremely aggressive and wanted to get into a physical confrontation. I'm on vacation and I want to get into a fight? I was also walking down the road and some farang swerved on his motor intentinaly trying to scare me. Why does pattaya seem to attract the worst from other counties? It's cheap, the weather is great, pleanty of pretty women, what's the problem?

I would say she got off lightly. She clearly cuffs him around the back of the head at 59 seconds, she copped for a little slap which has got to be better than handcuffs to the police station, a night in a cell, charged and sent packing back to whereve she comes from. She got off lightly, he did the right thing.

She hit him in the head while holding her phone (camera) in the same hand? You didn't see her holding up her hand/camera for about 4 seconds before that obviously trying to take a photo?

I can't see her hitting him anywhere...although I'm guessing he wasn't happen about her trying to take a photo of him.

Agreed. I can't see anywhere where she hit him. She's clearly holding a phone/camera trying to take a photo to report him would be my guess?

No idea how all these people see her hitting him when she clearly has something in her hand, ie a camera.

And people should be aware that taking photos of police or military in many countries are illegal.....guess this applies for Thailand as well.

this is how it is in Thailand, especially western concentrated areas. NOted he was trying to 'enforce' a traffic violation?

Yeah right, we all know how that is enforced!! Our Russian friends can be somewhat rude if they really try (or not).

things dont add up...who would have the phone no of the bike rental company.. only the renters..

why would the bib want it...

who called the renters of the bike

normal traffic offence would be a ticket to soi 9 to pay the fine..or tea money....

some thing smells here

Often on the rental agreement.

Sometimes on a sticker on the bike.

The renter might have had a name-card.... not such a big deal.

Who knows what else transpired..... Russians don't let themselves be pushed around.

Well if you look close at about the 58 second mark it appears she took a swack at him first . Maybe a few days in the slammer would have been more appropriate than a good wack across the face ... Should have been her choice !!!

• Like 1

In this video I saw what looked to be a slight hit from the cop, but nothing anywhere near "police brutality."

I watched this back a few times and she clearly hits him on the back of his head. She then puts her hand over her mouth, as in a "what have I done" move, the she runs away expecting that he might hit her back. You cannot tell 100% that he actually made contact with her face as she moved when he tried to slap her back and he appears to have missed. She should be in jail, if you look at the video closely, she clearly hit him first.

Edited by Estrada

Unfortunately this was not the correct way to deal with this, if the police were properly trained then he would have had proper options to deal with this situation. All you people that think he was justified consider this, if every altercation disagreement you've ever had with the police in Pattaya resulted in a slap punch or what ever from said officer we'd be in a bad way, this is not the way to be doing things, if the Russian lady was interfering with him carrying out his normal duty then she should have been arrested - simple as that

• Like 1

I have read this forum for years now and never commented on any of the interesting comments that have been made. But this one got to me.

He clearly slapped her face and looks like at 0.58 he gave her a tickle with his left hand as well. That may have been to dislodge the camera.

Why everyone keeps referring to the people wearing uniforms here as anything other than legal mafia amazes me. I have Total respect for good Police worldwide but are shocked as many Thai's are that I speak to with the ones they have.

I'm not Thailand bashing, I love the place. But surely its time for the powers to be to stop these stand over tactics and assaults on tourists especially females, If for nothing more than future tourism and the mighty dollar.