Allegations of Pattaya Police Brutality involving Russian Female Tourist

webfact

In this video I saw what looked to be a slight hit from the cop, but nothing anywhere near "police brutality."

I watched this back a few times and she clearly hits him on the back of his head. She then puts her hand over her mouth, as in a "what have I done" move, the she runs away expecting that he might hit her back. You cannot tell 100% that he actually made contact with her face as she moved when he tried to slap her back and he appears to have missed. She should be in jail, if you look at the video closely, she clearly hit him first.

You need to look more closely. He makes contact first with general pushing and shoving. Then 54 seconds into the video he takes something off the bike and shoves it towards her face, resulting in a recoil. She then reacts to this(the point where you appear to wake up) and then he goes after her to slap her.

He is clearly outraged that anyone, let alone a woman, dared to challenge his authority and he lost his temper. Time for him to leave the streets and be relegated to a back office somewhere.

His manner from the very beginning was brusque and unpleasant.

• Like 1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure every one know Youtube screen can be tune at a slower speed like 0.75 0.50 or even 0.25?

So please tune the speed slower at 0.25 full screen you will see, first she does not touch him, her gesture was to rise her telephone/camera, then you will see clearly also he does not slap her "in the face" but aim her hand with the camera! The second later after the supposed "slap in the face" she walked a few steps onward certainly not like someone being hitting in the face the same second.

I guess the bunch of mentally ill obsessed with Thai bashing will hate reading those lines, I am sorry it is what I saw not an opinion.

Also in any tense situation with a police officer, do try to conclude by filming the same police officer...You will see dozens of videos on You Tube where the words "Police Brutality" are much more appropriate.

Not sure every one know Youtube screen can be tune at a slower speed like 0.75 0.50 or even 0.25?

So please tune the speed slower at 0.25 full screen you will see, first she does not touch him, her gesture was to rise her telephone/camera, then you will see clearly also he does not slap her "in the face" but aim her hand with the camera! The second later after the supposed "slap in the face" she walked a few steps onward certainly not like someone being hitting in the face the same second.

I guess the bunch of mentally ill obsessed with Thai bashing will hate reading those lines, I am sorry it is what I saw not an opinion.

Also in any tense situation with a police officer, do try to conclude by filming the same police officer...You will see dozens of videos on You Tube where the words "Police Brutality" are much more appropriate.

Contrary to what you say, she does appear to be holding her face after his lunge. How exactly would you expect her to react?

Slow motion version here

If you watch the video again from 57 seconds you will see the girl walks forward and hits the police officer on the shoulder. My opinion only and nothing to do with her being Russian but a slap is far better than being charged with assaulting a police officer.

• Like 1

She stuck her finger up at him

Edit - looking more closely she was holding a phone up, rather than giving the bird. She did however get far too close and made aggressive movements toward his face with it in her hand - to be honest in the UK it's quite possible she'd get a baton round the face / and / or be dragged to the floor with blows, cuffed and nicked for threatening and abusive behaviour. Seen it happen.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

If you watch the video again from 57 seconds you will see the girl walks forward and hits the police officer on the shoulder. My opinion only and nothing to do with her being Russian but a slap is far better than being charged with assaulting a police officer.

Perhaps you should watch the whole video instead of the bit you wish to push. At 54 seconds he shoves something towards her face. Possibly an item of clothing. Before that he pushed her at least once, possibly twice. He lost his rag, plain and simple.

His behaviour was unacceptable from start to finish. Look at his body language throughout the video. Petulant and aggressive.

Even if the woman was hysterical, his behaviour is and was simply unacceptable.

If he cannot control himself under those relatively mild circumstances, he should be removed from his position.

But the truth is that in Thailand, the believe that uniform gives you status. He simply could not cope with someone questioning his status. He lost face, by his own hand.

Edit - looking more closely she was holding a phone up, rather than giving the bird. She did however get far too close and made aggressive movements toward his face with it in her hand - to be honest in the UK it's quite possible she'd get a baton round the face / and / or be dragged to the floor with blows, cuffed and nicked for threatening and abusive behaviour. Seen it happen.

Stop with this nonsense.

Well if you look close at about the 58 second mark it appears she took a swack at him first . Maybe a few days in the slammer would have been more appropriate than a good wack across the face ... Should have been her choice !!!

I saw what you saw! To me it was very clear. If you assaulted a Police Officer In Russia. What do you think their response would be? I know what our American Police Officers would do. The Thai Police officer was very lenient with this disrespectful woman. She did not have the right to strike an officer. I would have slapped her myself. If she had slapped me.

Stop with this nonsense.

Are you telling me I've not seen similar with my own eyes? In the UK?

You're incorrect. It might sound unbelievable if you're lucky enough to have never seen such a thing, but it happens, and regularly.

This incident reminded me specifically of http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/g20-summit/5158639/G20-protestor-hit-with-police-baton-traumatised-says-sister.html and of this http://www.theguardian.com/education/2010/dec/08/student-fees-protests-woman-police.

Whilst these specific recent incidents are well known by virtue of them occurring in an environment where people are filming and they can therefore be easily reported and documented, there are plenty of incidents on a regular basis outside of the context of any kind of demonstration where they react un-surveilled in the UK in a far more violent manner than this copper in this instance, and get away with it. They get away with it on the basis that they can claim their reaction was appropriate and justifiable, making aggressive movements towards a coppers head with or without a phone in hand in the UK will get you very aggressively nicked and prosecuted.

She'd be done, at minimum, under Section 5 of the Public Order Act

Section 5 makes it an offence to use “threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour” or to display “any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting” within the hearing or sight of a person “likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby”. The offence does not depend on harassment, alarm or distress actually having been caused in the particular case.

The difference between here and the UK is purely that in the UK she'd have been nicked after he slapped her round the face.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

maybe in a riot situation or a serious street fight or bar brawl were police are trying arrest people or are under threat themselves or someone male or female is resisting arrest - then yes force can and will be used until that person is no longer a threat to police or the public and rightly so

I see none of that going on here

Police action in the west is governed by situational rules

maybe in a riot situation or a serious street fight or bar brawl were police are trying arrest people or are under threat themselves or someone male or female is resisting arrest - then yes force can and will be used until that person is no longer a threat to police or the public and rightly so

If the rules were followed, which unfortunately they are not all of the time.

The case I've seen with my own eyes involved someone pointing at a policeman's face and raising their voice in an argument about being randomly stopped and searched in a provincial town centre in the middle of the afternoon. They were tackled to the floor, punched in the ribs till they stopped moving and arrested. The woman in this video did the same as the person I mention in the UK.

I don't think the reaction is right in either situation, but from experience, I don't think this copper behaves any differently to those in the west either.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

"IF" she slapped the cop then he should of arrested her and let the court decide her fate. His job is to up hold the law and NOT take matters into his own hands. He had no right assaulting the woman!

He's a COWARD and needs to find a new job!

Edited by CraigSchuler

Stop with this nonsense.

Are you telling me I've not seen similar with my own eyes? In the UK?

You're incorrect. It might sound unbelievable if you're lucky enough to have never seen such a thing, but it happens, and regularly.

This incident reminded me specifically of http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/g20-summit/5158639/G20-protestor-hit-with-police-baton-traumatised-says-sister.html and of this http://www.theguardian.com/education/2010/dec/08/student-fees-protests-woman-police.

Whilst these specific recent incidents are well known by virtue of them occurring in an environment where people are filming and they can therefore be easily reported and documented, there are plenty of incidents on a regular basis outside of the context of any kind of demonstration where they react un-surveilled in the UK in a far more violent manner than this copper in this instance, and get away with it. They get away with it on the basis that they can claim their reaction was appropriate and justifiable, making aggressive movements towards a coppers head with or without a phone in hand in the UK will get you very aggressively nicked and prosecuted.

She'd be done, at minimum, under Section 5 of the Public Order Act

Section 5 makes it an offence to use threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour or to display any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening, abusive or insulting within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby. The offence does not depend on harassment, alarm or distress actually having been caused in the particular case. [/size]

The difference between here and the UK is purely that in the UK she'd have been nicked after he slapped her round the face.

Your post is just nonsense. There is a big difference between a protest with hundreds of people screaming in your face and a relatively non threatening situation with a single female.

Batons would not be withdrawn in such a situation in the UK. You are just spouting nonsense in order to bolster your previous hyperbole. I expect that you will continue to do so.

She would also not be 'done' under Section Five. again, more nonsense from yourself. The officer would take into account that she was a tourist speaking a foreign language.

The would be no slapping or batons withdrawn.

Do you read The Sun newspaper at home. You appear to revel in sensantionalism.

If the rules were followed, which unfortunately they are not all of the time.

The case I've seen with my own eyes involved someone pointing at a policeman's face and raising their voice in an argument about being randomly stopped and searched in a provincial town centre in the middle of the afternoon. They were tackled to the floor, punched in the ribs till they stopped moving and arrested. The woman in this video did the same as the person I mention in the UK.

I don't think the reaction is right in either situation, but from experience, I don't think this copper behaves any differently to those in the west either.

This was an aggressive English speaking male, wasn't it?

Please stop with this sensationalist nonsense. It dowsn't bolster your argument, but weaken it.

How many tourists in our fair land do you read about being assaulted by our police?

This was no drunken incident, but a foreign language speaking tourist who had no idea as to why and where her bike was being taken.

If her boyfriend was off to pay the fine, why were they taking the bike and why should she not object?

Where was her claimed boyfriend?

Perhaps it was because she refused to pay an illegal 'on the spot' fine. I know of a 'policeman' who sits and waits for foreigners doing much the same thing. Going the wrong way etc His modus operandi is to write 1000 baht in his notebook and to show it to them.

So if someone objects to this behaviour and the pushing around and films it, you seem to think that they deserve a slap and a baton to the face.

Some of us know what actually occurs in that town. No need to make up sensationalist stories.

• Like 1

Your post is just nonsense. There is a big difference between a protest with hundreds of people screaming in your face and a relatively non threatening situation with a single female.

Batons would not be withdrawn in such a situation in the UK. You are just spouting nonsense in order to bolster your previous hyperbole. I expect that you will continue to do so.

She would also not be 'done' under Section Five. again, more nonsense from yourself. The officer would take into account that she was a tourist speaking a foreign language.

And your post is steadfastly blinkered in demonstrating your lack of capacity to accept different viewpoints and experiences to your own in terms of what appears to be a shared home country and the policing of it. As I addressed in the fourth paragraph of the post you reference and in my more recent post regarding first hand witnessing of a similar situation (not the sole occurrence I have seen, I should add), violent and unnecessary reactions from British police are not isolated to demonstration or late night drink fuelled city centre environments.

My perspective, based upon personal experience, is that it is quite likely batons or fists would be used, and that she would be cautioned, regardless of nationality.

No I don't read the Sun newspaper. Frankly I would suggest that the person who writes off differing views immediately as 'nonsense' as more indicative of the type of character that does. A bit of respite from their more 'cerebral' Mail on Sunday of course.

So if someone objects to this behaviour and the pushing around and films it, you seem to think that they deserve a slap and a baton to the face.

I don't think they 'deserve' it, that is not my point at all. The point I am making is that it is standard police behaviour in much of the world - I'm not condoning it in the slightest, I think it is wrong.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

And your post is steadfastly blinkered in demonstrating your lack of capacity to accept different viewpoints and experiences to your own in terms of what appears to be a shared home country and the policing of it. As detailed in the final paragraph of the post you reference and in my more recent post regarding first hand witnessing of a similar situation (not the sole occurrence I have seen, I should add), violent and unnecessary reactions from British police are not isolated to demonstration environments.

My perspective, based upon personal experience, is that it is quite likely batons or fists would be used, and that she would be cautioned, regardless of nationality.

No I don't read the Sun newspaper. Frankly I would suggest that the person who writes off differing views immediately as 'nonsense' as more indicative of the type of character that does. Alongside their Mail on Sunday of course.

Personal experience? You mean that you have been batoned and fisted? I won't doubt you.

Needless to write, your posts are still full of utter nonsense, disguised as an informed opinion.

Nothing that women did would warrant a baton to the face or a slap.

Part of police training is to remain calm under stress. That is why for instance, cursing at a police officer in the UK is not an offence.

What is an offence is that is that it may offend other people nearby.

You needed to emphasise." within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress"

That person is not a policeman or woman.

So to whom was she causing harassment, alarm or distress?

You need to stop spouting this nonsense. You do yourself a disservice....or maybe you don't.

Personal experience? You mean that you have been batoned and fisted? I won't doubt you.

Needless to write, your posts are still full of utter nonsense, disguised as an informed opinion.

Part of police training is to remain calm under stress. That is why for instance, cursing at a police officer in the UK is not an offence.

You needed to emphasise." within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress"

You need to stop spouting this nonsense. You do yourself a disservice....or maybe you don't.

Personal experience can include witnessing situations first hand.

I agree that nothing the woman did warranted a baton or a slap, my point is that I believe this is a standard reaction of some officers worldwide against challenge to their authority.

Again you throw around the 'nonsense' accusation, it's rather childish. Given that you have quoted rule and chapter, it appears that your basis for declaring my views 'nonsense' are based upon the assumption that British police follow the law (and the spirit of the law) at all times, it indicates that you believe that you can speak for the conduct of the entire British police force, and that you believe that if an officer has had training then intrinsically they follow the rules - to me, these beliefs seem naive at best, and some may turn your playground 'nonsense' chant back at you.

I stand by my claim that this copper reacted in the same way as many of his western counterparts. You can believe that's 'nonsense' if you like, as many of your cities residents would say, 'up to you'.

/out

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

Personal experience can include witnessing situations first hand.

I agree that nothing the woman did warranted a baton or a slap, my point is that I believe this is a standard reaction of some officers worldwide against challenge to their authority.

Again you throw around the 'nonsense' accusation, it's rather childish. Given that you have quoted rule and chapter, it appears that your basis for declaring my views 'nonsense' are based upon the assumption that British police follow the law (and the spirit of the law) at all times, it indicates that you believe that you can speak for the conduct of the entire British police force, and that you believe that if an officer has had training then intrinsically they follow the rules - to me, these beliefs seem naive at best, and some may turn your playground 'nonsense' chant back at you.

I stand by my claim that this copper reacted in the same way as many of his western counterparts. You can believe that's 'nonsense' if you like, as many of your cities residents would say, 'up to you'.

/out

You claim that it is 'standard' behaviour, so it is you who appears to be speaking for the whole of the British Police force. Can you feel the irony? :)

You are just wrong. I have never seen a British Police officer slap anyone in public.

That would merit a mark on his record if not a suspension or a dismissal.

As I've written many times before...stop with the hyperbole. You wrote standard behaviour. It is not.

You claim that it is 'standard' behaviour, so it is you who appears to be speaking for the whole of the British Police force. Can you feel the irony? smile.png

As I've written many times before...stop with the hyperbole. You wrote standard behaviour. It is not.

In my most recent post I wrote 'I believe this is a standard reaction of some officers worldwide against challenge to their authority.' - I do not believe that all officers behave like this - some follow the law and do their jobs properly.

You are just wrong. I have never seen a British Police officer slap anyone in public.

That would merit a mark on his record if not a suspension or a dismissal.

Just because you have been lucky enough not to witness it, does not mean it does not happen. Let's break this down:

I am claiming that some officers use unwarranted violence because I have seen some do so.

You are claiming that all officers never use unwarranted violence because you haven't personally witnessed an occasion.

I'm not convinced away from my stance at this point, and honestly am unlikely to be convinced, given that I have seen it happen, in the UK.

This is getting daft though and it is a waste of time for us to go back and forth. I think we've both made our personal opinions and convictions on the matter clear enough.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

If she hit the officer then he should have charged her and dealt with it like a cival servant. They are trained in all situations and taking a female into custady in a civil manner then charging her would have been fine and she might deserve that BUT no woman deserves to be slapped by a man, let alone an officer that is sworn to serve and protect.

Police have to show the utmost restraint when taunted or argued with especially when dealing with intoxicated individuals.

Its part of their job and responsibility.

The officer should have slapped the tourist with a citation for disorderly conduct for what seems like aggressive behavior instead of a literal slap. That was uncalled for and unprofessional no matter how much verbal abuse he received.

in any case, I doubt we will be hearing any more about this case so its all speculation, I speculate that the policeman is still running the same scam in the same place, altho not right in front of that camera anymore

in any case, I doubt we will be hearing any more about this case so its all speculation, I speculate that the policeman is still running the same scam in the same place, altho not right in front of that camera anymore

I'm still curious what the scam is. If it's the normal shake down for no license or helmet it's hard to call it a scam since they are the law. If it's something else I'd like to learn about it.

• 1 month later...