PM Yingluck silent after meeting with Prem

webfact

PM Yingluck Silent After Meeting With Prem
By Khaosod Online

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has refused to say whether she has talked about the ongoing political crisis with Head of the Privy Councilor during their meeting earlier this morning.

Ms. Yingluck, who also serves as caretaker Minister of Defence, paid the visit to Gen. Prem Tinlasulanond at his official residency in Bangkok′s Dusit district along with commanders of the armed forces, including Gen. Prayuth Chan-ocha, Commander-in-Chief of the Royal Thai Army.

Officials described the meeting as a private meeting in which Ms. Yingluck intends to convey her New Year greetings to and receive blessing from the elderly Gen. Prem. Reporters were not allowed inside Gen. Prem′s house throughout talk, which lasted for about an hour and a half.

Ms. Yingluck told reporters later that Gen. Prem has advised her to take heed to New Year message from His Majesty the King, in which the monarch called for unity of all Thais.

Asked whether she has discussed any political issue with Gen. Prem, Ms. Yingluck simply smiled and left the press conference. Gen. Prayuth similarly refused to respond to journalists′ question about the matter.

However, it was extremely unlikely that the political crisis has been gripping Thailand for months has not been discussed by the group.

The meeting also came at a time amid the fears that the powerful military might intervene to put an end to the clashes which pitted Ms. Yingluck′s government against the protesters led by People′s Committee for Absolute Monarchy With the King As Head of State (PCAD).

Gen. Prayuth has told the media last week that he had not ruled out the possibility of another military coup, saying it depends on the situation and that "anything can happen".

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9EVTJOVFV6TkE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-01

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PM leads top brass to express well wishes to General Prem

x11-28-2013-2-22-21-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg.

BANGKOK: -- In her capacity as the defence minister, caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Wednesday morning led top-ranking military officers and their spouses to pay a courtesy call on and to express their New Year’s well wishes to Privy Council president General Prem Tinsulanonda at Ban Sisao Theves.

Accompanied the prime minister were Deputy Defence Minister General Yutthasak Sasiprapa, Defence Permanent Secretary General Nipat Thonglek, Supreme Commander General Thanasak Patimaprakorn and commanders of the three armed forces.

The event was private and no media was allowed into the residence.

In her nationwide address on the occasion of New Year, Ms Yingluck invited the Thai people to express their well wishes to Their Majesties the King and Queen. She also wished the Thai people happy, prosperous, united and treat one another with love and honour.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-leads-top-brass-express-well-wishes-general-prem/

xthaipbs_logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.xCs3-CZlQ
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-01

Chan-O-Cha means trouble for Thailand.... The very one who once discouraged all kids from starting conversation and obey the elders without questioning...

I remember once having read such an article...

Edited by MaxLee
  • Like 1

Asked whether she has discussed any political issue with Gen. Prem, Ms. Yingluck simply smiled and left the press conference.

It appears this is Yinglucks strategy, smile and walk away or cry and give speech then walk away and smile.

Closed door job. No answers given by the P.M. as usual, just a smile. totally agree with your view.

Look at it this way, Had I thought for 1 minute the P.M. had done a good job in government, I would have thought it odd she didn't explain anything, she should have commented as the media were barred.

This is why posters see the situ as is. her arrogance OR it's not any ones business. <deleted>. this reflects the whole government, you voted us in SO NOW we can do what we like good or bad. Lump it Thai people till our democratically elected term has run 4 years---- Ha Ha Ha.

?

• Like 2

That was the perfect opportunity to "coup" her.

BTW, where was Suthep? Abhisit? Not invited to the party?

That's an idiot question.

This was a courtesy call made by Yingluck and the top military brass. Why would they invite Suthep and Abhisit?

Why? Obviously to smoke the peace pipe together.

Asked whether she has discussed any political issue with Gen. Prem, Ms. Yingluck simply smiled and left the press conference.

It appears this is Yinglucks strategy, smile and walk away or cry and give speech then walk away and smile.

Maybe they should ask prem what was said?

This whole.procession is a slight on democracy.

• Like 1

Closed door job. No answers given by the P.M. as usual, just a smile. totally agree with your view.

Look at it this way, Had I thought for 1 minute the P.M. had done a good job in government, I would have thought it odd she didn't explain anything, she should have commented as the media were barred.

This is why posters see the situ as is. her arrogance OR it's not any ones business. <deleted>. this reflects the whole government, you voted us in SO NOW we can do what we like good or bad. Lump it Thai people till our democratically elected term has run 4 years---- Ha Ha Ha.

?

Fantastic answer, a Question mark, want to say something ???

• Like 1

This was a courtesy call made by Yingluck and the top military brass. Why would they invite Suthep and Abhisit?

No. Wish that was the case but it's unlikely to happen. Besides which, this was a new year courtesy visit/photo op, nothing else.

I would like to know WHO called the meeting ??????

Doubt the PM as she wants to lay low. Me thinks it must have been Prem-his home.

So the governments business is no concern of the Thai people. Family bow out you have had your innings or nearly.

• Like 1

Doubt the PM as she wants to lay low. Me thinks it must have been Prem-his home.

So the governments business is no concern of the Thai people. Family bow out you have had your innings or nearly.

Its a yearly event. A bit like your father in laws birthday.

• Like 2

No. Wish that was the case but it's unlikely to happen. Besides which, this was a new year courtesy visit/photo op, nothing else.

Seems quite pointless to me. "Coup" YL or getting a deal done with Suthep/Abhisit & Co would have been more progressive. But i suppose some people enjoy all this drama & genital waving.

• Like 1

Its a yearly event. A bit like your father in laws birthday.

SO ???? MUMS THE WORD, oh please give the Thai people a break for hells sake.

I didn't see in the topic heading. The PM had an audience with Prem and others as it is an annual event, and no one is allowed to ask the PM any questions.

Now for my ?

Might just be a New Years visit, yet I don't think, that Yingluck will get any favors from Prem, as her brother, tried to wipe out his position, in the past.

Either way, this political crisis, will not go on forever. I think, most people are tired of it and are ready, for the military, to bring in some stability, again. wai.gif

This election is clearly on life-support. With the registration process ending today, and well over 5 % of constituencies in the South without registered candidates, the election is essentially nullified before it even takes place. That and the increasingly public divide between the administration and the EC shows that Pheu Thai's instinct to act outside their authority, and execute a helicopter drop of candidates at a police station in the South in the middle of the night - against the express wishes of the EC - shows that the party has a continuing knack for constitutional entanglement. Given that that act alone will likely lead to a court challenge in the months ahead, the EC is likely a step away from throwing in the towel, in fear that by staying on they risk becoming entangled in it. All of this seems destined for the courts.

• Like 2

Seems quite pointless to me. "Coup" YL or getting a deal done with Suthep/Abhisit & Co would have been more progressive. But i suppose some people enjoy all this drama & genital waving.

your too polite, it's anal retention! IMO

Seeing how Prem can't stand her brother, he probably feels the same way about her also, her being Thaksin's puppet and all. Probably wasn't a very friendly visit. Polite maybe but not friendly.

Since she is the PM he would invite her to reverse course on the Brother No.1 pathway if she was serious about bringing peace to Thailand.

• Like 1

Do grow up, Waza. This was a private meeting. It would have been the hight of bad manners to have come out of the door and start spouting off about "he said this" and "I said that". If you notice, Gen. Prayuth also had the courtesy to keep his mouth shut.

I just wish your side could engage in proper debate, and not this constant sniggering and bitching about YS as a person..

And I wish 'your side' could engage in proper debate, and not this constant sniggering and bitching about AV, ST and what happened 3 years ago.

She is Thaksin's sock puppet, she has no idea what is going on and won't answer any questions until she has reported back to the fugitive and been debriefed.

Yingluck : Please stop those nasty protestors and let me bring my brother back, please please.

Gen : Can't.

Yingluck : Why not ?

Gen : Not my job, army stays out of politics.

If it turns violent then the army may step in to stop the violence. So those of you asking what the government has to gain by violence, army doesn't always mean coup. If it turns violent the army can step in to stop the violence and force the protestors away as happened in 2010. Depends who causes the violence hence the 'men in black' and the hit and run incidents from the government side, they want as much plausible deniability as possible.

• Like 1