PCAD waiting for Suthep's order on 'Bangkok Shutdown'

webfact

PCAD Waiting For Suthep's Order On 'Bangkok Shutdown'
By Khaosod Online

BANGKOK: -- Spokesman of the anti-government protest leadership has said the details of the plan to shutdown Bangkok is known only to its leader, Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban.

The People′s Committee for Absolute Monarchy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) has previously threatened to put Bangkok in a massive gridlock "after New Year" as the means to pressure the government into canceling the upcoming general election.

PCAD leaders have demanded for a drastic reform to be implemented and an unelected ′People′s Council′ installed as a transitional government before any election is allowed to take place, arguing that the current political system is rigged in favour of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and her allies.

However, ever since he announced the plan to shutdown Bangkok last week, Mr. Suthep has not disclosed specific details of the strategy. Government officials warned that Mr. Suthep is intending to disrupt major roads and public transportation such as the BTS or the MRT.

But PCAD spokesman, Mr. Ekkanat Prompan, said in a press conference today that Mr. Suthep′s grand strategy of Bangkok shutdown has been "misinterpreted" in the media.

He denied that the PCAD is planning to shutdown public transportation as reported in the press, adding that the public should wait for Mr. Suthep himself to make announcements about the strategy in the future, since Mr. Suthep is the only one with a full knowledge of the plan.

Mr. Ekkanat also said the PCAD has sent representatives to visit injured protesters who are currently admitted in hospitals.

The protesters, who have been camping on Ratchadamnoen Avenue in Bangkok, have been visibly fewer in number during the New Year holiday season. The protest site has also been converted into a fun fair featuring game stalls and musicians performing on the rally stage.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9EVTNNakV5Tmc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-01

• Like 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But PCAD spokesman, Mr. Ekkanat Prompan, said in a press conference today that Mr. Suthep′s grand strategy of Bangkok shutdown has been "misinterpreted" in the media.

He denied that the PCAD is planning to shutdown public transportation as reported in the press, adding that the public should wait for Mr. Suthep himself to make announcements about the strategy in the future, since Mr. Suthep is the only one with a full knowledge of the plan.

Misinterpreted, of course he was, he's not going to shutdown public transportation, just the roads. What he said was

He attributed his term of shutdown as to seize all government offices, encirclement of the caretaker prime minister’s house, as well as all houses of her cabinet ministers, all significant intersections and commercial complexes by the people who will turn out in millions. http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pdrc-shut-bangkok-end-next-week/

So that's all right. Poor misunderstood suthep

• Like 2

He defended the PDRC’s final push as legitimate reasoning that the Constitution states clearly that the people can retake their power back to uphold constitutional democracy if the sovereign power the people give to the administration was abused.

The People′s Committee for Absolute Monarchy With the King As Head of State (PCAD)

So which one is it, "Constitutional Democracy" or "Absolute Monarchy". Because in absolute monarchy you don't have elections or political parties.

• Like 2

How can a movement of undemocratic thugs even consider using the King in the name of their not so democratic quest to take over the country? Nothing but utter disrespect!!sad.png

Tell me one thing before you cast another useless insult his way.

Why do the red shirts not criticise him?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Both sides are thankfully showing small inclinations toward the notion of a concept involving compromise. I hope it becomes a full-fledged idea.

wai.gif

I really don't see how this can end soon. Millions of people came to protest against the crab woman but PTP still put her on the top list! What compromise? The big boss in Dubai would not trust other person in PTP to be the PM!

Let's hope we don't have a bloody new yearxWPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ic.52UL_9jJ74.pn

• Like 2

"People′s Committee for Absolute Monarchy With the King As Head of State" sound great. Sound very North Korean.

Just take the airports,and Thaksin will sure to give up power. It work the last time.

Get your facts straight Thaksin was already gone when they occupied the airports.

How can a movement of undemocratic thugs even consider using the King in the name of their not so democratic quest to take over the country? Nothing but utter disrespect!!sad.png

Not disrespectful if you have the persons permission, or in this case someone very close to the person.

• Like 2

The change of name is significant as its now out in the open as to where his support has been coming from.

There's been no name change. There's at least a half dozen different organizations involved with the protests.

Amazing there are so many groups of people from different walks in life and with differing objectives that are all opposed to whitewashing Thaksin, eh?

There's zero indication of support that you no so subtly infer.

Edited by Maha Sarakham Marty

The change of name is significant as its now out in the open as to where his support has been coming from.

I know it's tradition for that visa members to dream up situations but I think your reading a little too much into it. If anything it's just a title that gives respect to the king.

It just amazes me that the central gov't has even allowed Suthep to get this far with his threats....I can understand people having the right to voice their opinions/discontent with a current leadership and going about initiating change in a manner that doesn't threaten to disrupt ...as much as possible...the daily goings on of things...but can you imagine what the response by the gov't would be if someone like Suthep tried to do this in America, or Australia or most any country in Europe?

One word, four letters, starts with P.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

For a few years there it appeared as if Thailand might be pulling itself socially and politically into the 21st century. Well, the mask is slipping badly now, and you have to think that it's going to have a negative effect on future inward investment. Who in their right mind would choose to invest in a feudal lunatic asylum when there is pretty much a free flow of capital around the world?

• Like 1

Taksin has left no choice Taksin his clan and go and no need for these needed tactics to rid Thailand of one evil megalomaniac would be dictator of his open one party state.

Instead Taksins party list no 1 2 4 all his relatives and most of rest red thug relatives and cronies

This will not end until Taksin wins all and Thailand becomes his own one party police state or Taksin calls it a day

all this for one man and to get him amnesty for his crimes along with rest of his cronies

If Taksin and his sister and rest had any care for Thailand they would have quit long ago but no they want total power total control and of course to be able to continue pillage of all state coffers

• Like 1

Icare - you forgot to compare them to Hitler, Mugabwie and Pol Pot, you must be losing the lightness of touch which makes your posts so entertaining!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For a few years there it appeared as if Thailand might be pulling itself socially and politically into the 21st century. Well, the mask is slipping badly now, and you have to think that it's going to have a negative effect on future inward investment. Who in their right mind would choose to invest in a feudal lunatic asylum when there is pretty much a free flow of capital around the world?

There will be no shortage of takers providing they can turn enough profit.