New Years Resolutions - Not yours - HERS !

David48

Mine resolved to actually get out and drive. She's got her 5 year car license (cornflakes version) but couldn't drive a nail into a piece of wood.

Five minutes ago she took off in the truck to "practice" with the parting words "see you in one hour darling". I refuse to go with her as the last 15 minute stint aged me by 5 years and I used to be blond, but now a sort of executive grey.

If you intend travelling in the Boonkanjana/Jomtien 2nd Road/Chayapruik/Sukhumvit block in the next hour, be careful out there.

I will post future warnings as necessary - don't say I didn't warn everybody! sick.gif

Update: She and the truck are home in one piece after an uneventful journey. She even bought a dozen slabs of drinking water while she was out, so it wasn't even a total waste of diesel. whistling.gif

I'm going for the 'other' option and the Lassie is OK, but marry the Thai Girl, marry her Family.

She's got a Sister who has no responsibility for her eldest daughter, her care falls to the Family and her youngest daughter seems like a commodity sometimes.

So my wish would be for the (future) Sister-in-Law to take responsibility for her own kids for the next 12 months ... heck ... just paying their school costs would be a quantum leap forward ... dry.png

Are you willing to pay the school cost of your sister in law daughter? Good Luck then... smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Where did you get the idea I was going to pay?

The Grandmother of the child pays.

The (future) Sister-in-Law gives her Mum Bt2,000 a month to feed and clothe and pay for School Fees for both her 2 kids.

You said to your post that "marry the thai girl and marry her family" so I thought you'll pay the school cost....

By the way Happy New Year...

• Like 1

She says ... You want me to do WHAT ... w00t.gif

Then, hopefully she says ... OK ... I make you Promise, I do ... biggrin.png

Imagination is a wonderful thing.

If she balks at doing it, remind her that her sister does it.

I presume, from that, you mean how she parts her hair.

Hairstyles and all that ... rolleyes.gif

Hair? Ummm... what hair? Must be the genes or something...?

The resolution for 2014 I would like to listen from my thai wife is only one and it would be definitely enough: she commits to learn how to say “I’m sorry”.. she’s a typical Thai proud indeed and she never admits to be wrong.. she is always doing the right thing in the right way and whenever she knows she did a mistake she would prefer to cut her tongue off rather then admitting it…dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf.png

When she will say for the first time a convinced “I’m sorry”, I will celebrate..tongue.png

I must admit, if there was one small change, I'd punt for the Thai Sulk.

I'd wish that she could remove that annoying habit of the 'Silence Treatment' which, if it's a BIG issue morphs into the famous 'Thai Sulk' ... honey ... you listening?

Edited by David48

The resolution for 2014 I would like to listen from my thai wife is only one and it would be definitely enough: she commits to learn how to say “I’m sorry”.. she’s a typical Thai proud indeed and she never admits to be wrong.. she is always doing the right thing in the right way and whenever she knows she did a mistake she would prefer to cut her tongue off rather then admitting it…dry.png.pagespeed.ce.iCXmiFQmCf.png

When she will say for the first time a convinced “I’m sorry”, I will celebrate..tongue.png

after having spent one year in the uk my wife is full of "sorry""oh my god " and obviously "<deleted>" yeepee!!

• Like 1