Best Sunday dinner

charlie1968

Archers is very good, just wish they did chicken.......the choice is Beef (pictured below), Lamb or Pork. Also has Old Speckled Hen on draught!

Here is Sausage King's location......down this lane:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d99.020198!3d18.833162!2m2!1f259.39!2f68.39!4f75!2m9!1e1!2m4!1s86ucxo-0jd_HZWssPW_5HQ!2e0!9m1!6s%C2%A9+2014+Google!5m2!1s86ucxo-0jd_HZWssPW_5HQ!2e0&fid=5

post-65233-0-53189200-1388754222_thumb.j

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archers is very good, just wish they did chicken.......the choice is Beef (pictured below), Lamb or Pork. Also has Old Speckled Hen on draught!

Here is Sausage King's location......down this lane:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d99.020198!3d18.833162!2m2!1f259.39!2f68.39!4f75!2m9!1e1!2m4!1s86ucxo-0jd_HZWssPW_5HQ!2e0!9m1!6s%C2%A9+2014+Google!5m2!1s86ucxo-0jd_HZWssPW_5HQ!2e0&fid=5

How about cooked meat?

re

Is that a regular size dinner, Dave?

yes ! but i told mark that it was too much for me

and went down to a cheaper smaller version from then

on which was enough for me :)

dave2

pic .. graffiti woman painted over the holliday but i dont think its finished yet ?

post-42592-0-07711200-1388754728_thumb.j

Rob told me, two days ago, it will be B225 and will have 1 white-meat + 1 red-meat every Sunday, clearly a work-in-progress, which is understandable. thumbsup.gif

Went today, with the kids, B225/head plus drinks, word had clearly gone-round as it was quite busy !

Beef & Ham, Yorkshire-puds & roasties (well, deep-fried) & mash, spaghetti/sauce, peas (frozen), mixed-veggies (fresh), stuffing & gravy, basic-salad & fresh-fruit, also mixed-veg soup.

Definitely reasonably-priced & tasty ! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Rob told me, two days ago, it will be B225 and will have 1 white-meat + 1 red-meat every Sunday, clearly a work-in-progress, which is understandable. thumbsup.gif

Went today, with the kids, B225/head plus drinks, word had clearly gone-round as it was quite busy !

Beef & Ham, Yorkshire-puds & roasties (well, deep-fried) & mash, spaghetti/sauce, peas (frozen), mixed-veggies (fresh), stuffing & gravy, basic-salad & fresh-fruit, also mixed-veg soup.

Definitely reasonably-priced & tasty ! thumbsup.gif

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

I also went to the sausage kings today and when i got their at 12:30 the place was full and he has a big seating area.its was a great buffet and the meat were cook spot on beef cooked medium rare and the ham just melted in your mouth.All you can eat 225 baht was a great deal.Will be back next weekend as he has lamb and pork next Sunday.10/10 recommendation. smile.png

post-176706-0-68383400-1388926931_thumb.

post-176706-0-68098300-1388926937_thumb.

Medium rare in the Archer's photo. That is how I like it. thumbsup.gif Last time I went it was well done, but still pretty good. Beggars can't be choosers in Thailand.

I had the same experience first time I went there. When the owner asked me what I thought, I said so. He then said most people don't like it red, and suggested I come earlier next time. Apparently the meat in the middle is red, and that is what they start serving/cutting. Then the meat gradually becomes less and less read the further out from the middle they cut it.

Next time I made it a lunch rather than a dinner, and was much more pleased. The rest of the food on the plate was fine too.

Went to Archers this afternoon and they were busy.

Here is a pic of the roast beef selection and trimmings... all good!

What's that white and yellow stuff? I'm guessing cauliflower cheese and piccalilli.

Yes, cauliflower cheese... very good. The other, top of plate is the pumpkin relish.

SK just rocked today...very good food and a big crowd. I think everyone enjoyed their meals and at 225 it was over the top. I will definitely return next Sunday and the GF will likely be with me after I gave her the glowing report on the roasts.

Well done Rob!!! wai.gif

• Like 1

Yes went today as well and the place was packed and I think Rob was a little taken aback with the number of people that showed up (he did over 150 covers today)

i think it was a bit stressful for the first one with the number of people but overall I think it went well and the food was great.

I dont know where the spagetti came from LOL but the Beef was awesome as were the Yorkshire pud, the roasters were fried, but to be fair we were late comers and I think he ran out (not expecting so many people) but hiccups are to be expected with the first ever sunday lunch buffet and serving over 150 people..

I will for sure be back next week for Roast Lamb and Roast Pork

Well done Rob clap2.gif great effort and tasty food and a real Bargain (as usual)

Edited by DiamondKing

I also went to the sausage kings today and when i got their at 12:30 the place was full and he has a big seating area.its was a great buffet and the meat were cook spot on beef cooked medium rare and the ham just melted in your mouth.All you can eat 225 baht was a great deal.Will be back next weekend as he has lamb and pork next Sunday.10/10 recommendation. smile.png

interesting pictures.wink.png

Seems like it was a great success too.

The best Sunday lunch buffet in 15 years i could hear people talking at sausage king.I also agree its top class food and the price is spot on.Service excellent.Am hooked on the sausage king now.

Roast Lamb,Chicken,Pork,Cabbage,Cauliflower Cheese,roast Potatoes,Mash,Garden Peas,Yorkshire Pudding,Stuffing,Homemade Gravy.

post-176706-0-18579600-1389510647_thumb.

post-176706-0-07361300-1389510777_thumb.

199 B for lamb, and self serve. Bet that wont last long unless he has got the meat for free. Like the idiot near him who did the wine buffet the price kept going up. Along with signs warning punters not to puke or fall asleep, nice not.

I finally got to the Sausage King at about 1345 hrs (145pm). My fault for being so damn late and therefore missed out on the lamb and chicken. But the pork was good and Rob gave me a good discount which still made it all worth while. I`ll have to get my a into g next Sunday to ensure I get ALL the goodies.

Did notice that his signs or directions that were on the post on the 1st ring road have gone missing. Maybe Campaca took them down and put their's up? Competition can get nasty! rolleyes.gif

Luckily I know where SK is but for those not sure...from Rimping (Meechock plaza) heading in the direction of Tesco Lotus, go past Tesco until you see a big building advertising a condo complex called 9 something. Turn left immediately after this place and when you get to a fork, stay left. Keep going until you see the water tower which has about 4 large black water drum on top. Directly opposite is a little alleyway that leads to SK.

I may even try his curry buffet next.....all good stuff. Well done Rob

199 B for lamb, and self serve. Bet that wont last long unless he has got the meat for free. Like the idiot near him who did the wine buffet the price kept going up. Along with signs warning punters not to puke or fall asleep, nice not.

The Dalai Lama himself couldn't have said it better.

Peace and love.

Sausage King today was the Dogs <deleted> the food was awesome with Aussie Lamb (aint really up for aussies but the lamb was AWESOME :) ) then ther was pork and chicken with mint sauce apple sauce, plenty of roasters this week and tons of veggies.

Overall ABSOLUTELY AWESOME and a bargain at 225 bht

See ya next week

best deal out of town :)