Condo help

Fabulousheart

Ok let me start with I know I did something stupid. I rented a condo site unseen at view Talay 1 for 29,000 b. A month. It is not worth it and to say poor quality would be an understatement. The sheets where dirty. The toilet was broken, the tv did not work, the internet did not work, the sofa was broken, one of the air cons did not work. My first week was spent with people coming in an out fixing these things. They are now working. That is the good news. Also I asked the owner for a credit as I had to Deal with Thai time and be there my entire first week dealing with all of these issues. That as you can guess did not happen.i also went out and purchased bedding and towels for apx 4,000b. Of course they replaced the sofa with an equally cheap 4,000 b Thai sofa. Everything is very low quality. I have had the place cleaned several times and sprayed for bugs. I can not get rid of these tiny little crawling bugs they are smaller then ants. They are in the wood everywhere and if I leave anything out food wise it will e covered in moments.

Question how do I get rid of them. All my food now is in plastic containers and I have sprayed yet they are still in mass

2) my lease is for three months with a 25,000 security how do I get out of it and where can I find a better place?

3) condos with fresh air and quiet does it exist in pattaya?

• Like 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that I have found which eliminates the ants are ARS ANT KILLER traps. They are sold in all of the supermarkets.

A photo of the package you will be looking for can be found at http://www.amazon.com/ARS-Killer-Bait-Eradicate-Ants/dp/B008MLAF7C

Spread them around anywhere where you have seen ants and in 24 hours, the ants are gone.

• Like 1

Where to move is the question that will do a two month lease? Is there a clean, quiet, enjoyable place that will rent for two months high season?

C'mon Mate, there are serviced apartments (e.g. Nova Park) where you can rent by the day, week, or month, and I'm just guessing, but you'll have a larger living space than the boxes I've seen in VT, for the same price. Have a look around, you might aswell be out doing that as it doesn't sound like much fun staying at home in your current abode.

Edited by Woody1
  • Like 2

I am not sure they are ants they are so very small. They are perhaps a quarter the size of a piece of rice

That sounds exactly like the ones that were causing me problems. About the size of a granule of sugar.

Incidentally, with the ARS traps, I added a touch of sugar to the poison granules in the trap, and withing 24 hours - no more ants.

The poison tends to coagulate in this humidity, so I replace the traps once a month.

I stay have rooms in pattaya pad condo. My rooms are currently let, but I can put you in touch with another owner (UK person) I am pretty sure he has an empty room or 2. send me an email and I will give you his phone number.

cheers

my email is: bruce(dot)prior(at)greybeard(dot)com(dot)au

The only thing that I have found which eliminates the ants are ARS ANT KILLER traps. They are sold in all of the supermarkets.

A photo of the package you will be looking for can be found at http://www.amazon.com/ARS-Killer-Bait-Eradicate-Ants/dp/B008MLAF7C

Spread them around anywhere where you have seen ants and in 24 hours, the ants are gone.

I don't think these traps work on the tiny ants I believe the OP is plagued by.

Sugar ants, the type that appear when there is something sweet or even a dead fly for them to eat.

I use a cavity spray, but first backtrack them to see where they are coming from, some little hole some-place that can be sprayed into then blocked.

And thanks for the tip there about adding a bit of sugar to the traps! I use them for the red 'fire-ants'.

Sorry the OP is having such a miserable time because of a bad renter!

Edited by jacko45k

Yeah, agree with others. Get out. Just pack your stuff and scram. Landlord nailed you cold and nothing you can do about it. Your deposit and *sweat equity* are history.

Again, as stated above, serviced apartments are all over the place. Also great hotels renting at monthly and weekly rates, cheap and easy. Check classifieds at this thing called "Thai Visa". See also Craigslist (sometimes more Western-savvy), look for the word "new" and be ready to negotiate. Their "high season" will not be high for long.

(Really, you're thinking about doing battle with the bugs? Again, best to surrender now than surrender later. The crap landlord and his insects beat you on this one.)

Where to move is the question that will do a two month lease? Is there a clean, quiet, enjoyable place that will rent for two months high season?

Loads of places in pattaya, even in high season. Try Viewtalay 5C and 5D nearby on Thaprayya road. Ask the management and see the notice baords before going to the rental agencies - they have one in the lobby in 5D (my block) and at least 1 on the ground floor of 5C. Both are clean and newish and very quiet. Good luck. Next time just turn up in Pattaya and look around.

Well you certainly are having a miserable time Fabulousheart. Broken sofa, dirty sheets, TV not working, no internet, a plague of ants, condo full of noxious fumes after spraying for bugs, etc etc. And you can't even escape to the beach for some respite from all this misery without someone having the temerity to light up a cigarette, turning the whole of Jomtien beach into a "Non stop chimney"! My advice to you for 2014 is,' Don't even think about buying a lottery ticket'! If you fell into a barrel of boobs you would come up sucking your thumb!

Typical statement from the classless acts that infest Pattaya/Jomtien. The kind of guy that Pattaya made its reputation on.

• Like 2

Well you certainly are having a miserable time Fabulousheart. Broken sofa, dirty sheets, TV not working, no internet, a plague of ants, condo full of noxious fumes after spraying for bugs, etc etc. And you can't even escape to the beach for some respite from all this misery without someone having the temerity to light up a cigarette, turning the whole of Jomtien beach into a "Non stop chimney"! My advice to you for 2014 is,' Don't even think about buying a lottery ticket'! If you fell into a barrel of boobs you would come up sucking your thumb!

Typical statement from the classless acts that infest Pattaya/Jomtien. The kind of guy that Pattaya made its reputation on.

Come on. Don't sugarcoat it. What do you really think?

• Like 1

> I am not sure they are ants they are so very small.

They sound like Termites (White Ants), especially if they are in the wood.

One hotel I stayed at was infested with them. I sprayed around their entry points with Mosquito Repellant (that clear liquid you spray on your arms and legs)

and they vanished over night.

can u scan and send me a copy of the lease agreement? There maybe a way out

also if you intend to stay then if you get some Borax and mix it with something sweet like yoghurt then the critters will eat it and take it back to the nest, then theyre all finished.

let me know

• Like 1

Stay one more month if you can bare it without paying. When you leave tell them they can keep the deposit. Then you lose little to no money.

These tiny bugs sound like bed bugs. These are notoriously hard to remove and expensive as smoke treatment is required as they can hide in grains of wood without detection. When you leave they can hang on to your property then begin breeding again in your new place. I have experience. BEWARE!!

Goodluck.

Everything's working now, princess. You got clean sheets. So man up, kill the dam_n bugs, knock back a few beers, grab a few lovelies, and start your holiday.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2