Anyone lost an exotic bird?

boomergirl

The last few days there has been a bird which sits on our balcony or in the tree next to it. It has tried to fly into our apartment bouncing off the glass sliding doors, or just crouches on the balcony floor peering in!

It is about a foot long with an equally long tail. It is dark gray with a dark green curved beak, and dark red around the eyes. The tail is made up of about 8 feathers each with a large white polka dot on the end.

We live in Green Hill Place at Huay Kaew and Super highway.

Email me <removed> send a PM

Edited by onthedarkside
email removed as per forum rules

The last few days there has been a bird which sits on our balcony or in the tree next to it. It has tried to fly into our apartment bouncing off the glass sliding doors, or just crouches on the balcony floor peering in!

It is about a foot long with an equally long tail. It is dark gray with a dark green curved beak, and dark red around the eyes. The tail is made up of about 8 feathers each with a large white polka dot on the end.

We live in Green Hill Place at Huay Kaew and Super highway.

Email me at [email protected]

My African Grey is still missing, he has a grey body, beak is kinda of grey, tail is bright red, around the eyes he has a white patch and left leg has a ring.

Beats me why the OP resorts to a very poor description after a few days.

Didn't you take some photos.....then mr hawk doesn't have to make a special trip.

I went to Green Hill but I only saw a few pigeons, asked the reception staff but they knew nothing. Green Hill is a quite a big place just behind the Maya mall.

Hawk, on 03 Jan 2014 - 14:45, said:
eyecatcher, on 03 Jan 2014 - 12:17, said:

Didn't you take some photos.....then mr hawk doesn't have to make a special trip.

I went to Green Hill but I only saw a few pigeons, asked the reception staff but they knew nothing. Green Hill is a quite a big place just behind the Maya mall.

So, is this thread a hoax?

i'd say doesnt fit the description unless male and female are somewhat different. not reading further at wikipedia

You are right the bird doesn't seem to be an African grey at all from her description but I still thought I would like to see what it is, and I personally never put up a picture because Google is simply a click away, then click images and out pops hundreds of African grey pictures.

Hawk, on 03 Jan 2014 - 14:45, said:
eyecatcher, on 03 Jan 2014 - 12:17, said:

So, is this thread a hoax?

Come on Costa's, you must have noticed the plethora of newbie trolls over the holiday period.

Not traceable probably using VPN's, but I'm sure they have been noticed.

• Like 1

It is exactly like the bird that Isanbirder said. SEE THIS LINK 'http://orientalbirdi...php?Bird_ID=417

WHY has he adopted my balcony to sit and shit on????

Sorry, Mr Hawk, it's not your bird` BUT YOU CAN COME AND GET THIS ONE !!!!!! Email me at <removed>, bring a cage, and I will take you out to my balcony, gladly !!!!!

Edited by onthedarkside
send a PM

Birds often fly into a glass window because they either can't see it or they see a reflection of the clouds, trees in it.

Many die like this with a broken neck or other injuries.

It's a Green-billed Malkoha, a fairly common bird of scrubland and secondary jungle

'http://orientalbirdimages.org/search.php?Bird_ID=417

But I don't know why it is behaving like that!

It is exactly like the bird that Isanbirder said. SEE THIS LINK 'http://orientalbirdi...php?Bird_ID=417

WHY has he adopted my balcony to sit and shit on????

Sorry, Mr Hawk, it's not your bird` BUT YOU CAN COME AND GET THIS ONE !!!!!! Email me at [email protected] , bring a cage, and I will take you out to my balcony, gladly !!!!!

I see you are not stella.envionmental.news. smile.png

This bird is not planning to leave any time soon !! He perches on the balcony rail, puffs out his chest and settles down or flies up into the tree into the branches adjacent to the balcony, hopping slowly from branch to branch. He walks around the balcony on his little feet- does not appear hurt in any way. Sometimes he walks over to the glass doors sitting and peering in.- very disconcerting. By the way, I know about birds flying into window glass. This one only tried it once, then sat on the railing and shook his little head. Since then he sometimessits down at the base of the doors and "walks" straight up the glass flapping his wings. Other than those-infrequent- times, he seems very calm and patient not stressed .

He MUST HAVE BEEN a pet of someone's. I will have to start feeding him soon because I feel bad about him. However, I do not want a pet.

ANYBODY WANT HIM ????? He is EXACTLY like the bird that Isanbirder said. SEE THIS LINK 'http://orientalbirdi...php?Bird_ID=417

I am in Green Hill 1, follow the little road past Maya - ask for the lady with the mother in a wheelchair or call me at 089-087-6200

He is seeing his reflection in the glass doors and exerting his territorial rights. Maybe you could spray cleaner or something on the windows so they are not as reflective. No need to feed he should be able to get food himself.

Didn't you take some photos.....then mr hawk doesn't have to make a special trip.I

Somebody tries to do a decent thing by posting this notice about an escaped bird and you find a way to slam him or her for it. It is possible to make suggestions politely, isn't it? You could have said something like " It's great you showed your concern. Could you possibly take a photo and post it. That way, Hawk would be saved a trip." Is this how you talk to your customers?
Yes I could have gone around the houses with fancy words and politeness.

But I call a spade a spade, say what I mean, and that equally can carry as much respect.

He is not attracted by lights since it is daylight and there are no lights ever on my balcony- only sunshine and shade.The only attraction now is his bird poop Today I kept the curtains closed , even though I like to let the sunshine in these days, and he did not come on the balcony. He stayed in the tree. He is NOT acting like a wild bird. Read my lengthy description above. He is just waiting for me to let him in. He acts like a tame pet.

Is there a wild animal rescue group here??