When is the best time to get a good deal on Air Conditioning systems?

I would have thought that the cool season would be the best time to get some new air conditioning units, but the prices seem about the same as during the hot season.

Do any of the stores or suppliers ever have specials on their a/c systems? How does one find out about this? I would like to have three units installed (18,000 BTU, 24,000 BTU) and was hoping to get some type of price break, so I was looking now.

Thanks, in advance, for any information.

I got my 18K BTU mitsubishi from Big C on sale 24,500 baht installed in November 2012, in Pattaya. I think regular price was about 29K baht. I haven't looked for AC the last 6 months.

Just keep looking. Homepro has about 7 different brands and as a new technology is introduced one or the other line goes a lot cheaper. Doesn't mean you have to buy crap though.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Samsung inverter 9k btu, 16900 baht at Tesco Lotus (On nut)

I prefer to use two 9k instead of one 18k.

Last winter I saw great deals in Fairbanks, Alaska. LOL

We got a good 18000 BTU with an inverter to replace an existing AC,( less installation cost). I believe it was 32000 Bt total. The electrical bill is about 1000 to 1500 less per month now. The same unit was 10'000 more at the big retailers.

Edited by BlueSkyCowboy

We looked at a lot of shops, finally some shops in BKK are cheap, but don't supply very far from BKK and HomePro was the other cheapest option.

Most local shops are way more expensive, certainly for the higher BTU models, for the smaller units the difference is not so big.

Just keep looking. Homepro has about 7 different brands and as a new technology is introduced one or the other line goes a lot cheaper. Doesn't mean you have to buy crap though. Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

The longer you can wait the better things will likely get.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think there is a particular time to get the best prices. Just do the rounds.

I bought a new Hitachi 24K BTU inverter unit recently from Numchai. The shelf price was 48,000B but it had a sticker on it showing a special price of 37,000K (that sticker had been there for 2 months or more to my certain knowledge). Including extra PVC pipe coverings and removing the old unit and tip (the 3 guys did a very tidy job in a fairly tricky location), I actually paid 38,500. I get 2 free cleanings included. Both units were brand new and boxed and factory sealed.

A local Thai aircon shop quoted me a rather vague 65K for the same job, and a well-known farang-run aircon business didn't even bother to reply to my request for a quote.

• 4 weeks later...