February 2 election on track: Thai EC

webfact

EC: "Gimme money..."

Pheu Thai: "Okay here is your 1st installment, thank you, we're gonna win now with or without Bangkok-ONLY-Bangkok shut down and destroyed by this idiot Suthep, his followers AND our own idiotic red-shirt-followers."

EC: "You're welcome, have a nice day..."

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Edited by MaxLee

millwall_fan post # 9

As I understand it, after Feb 2nd, the EC must issue writs for by-elections in the 28 affected constituencies. Once those have been held, and assuming the requisite turnout, parliament can convene. It's not ideal, but Suthep's thugs must not be allowed to derail the democratic process.

Unlike the Thaksin P.T.P. puppet government and its pushing for an amnesty criminal whitewashing bill and a charter rewrite.

Perchance that you may read my signature on the bottom of the post. That signature comment came from Thaksin himself, Democracy ?

No under a Thaksin puppet government it would be a Dem(on)ocracy

, don't you? However much you (and I, for that matter) may not like the content of the bill it passed it's 3rd reading after 19 hours of debate. The fact that dems walked out and boycotted the vote does not make it any less democratic.

Yet you seem to think that blockading candidates from registering for a Royally decreed Election is OK - I can only assume that, from your insistence on blaming the democratically elected government (now caretaker) rather than condemn those who are really making a mockery of democracy.

You realise that the amnesty bill was passed to the Senate democratically

And the constitutional court voted that it was indeed unconstitutional, at which point PTP said they do not recognise the courts decision. Would that be democratic in your eyes?

And it is undemocratic for people to demonstrate against what they see to be a corrupt government. As you say "making a mockery of democracy"

Do you understand the meaning of democracy?

I've explained why the amnesty bill was passed to the Senate democratically on a number of occasions in different threads. I am not about to do it again just for your sake.

If you read my post you would have seen that I stated that "blockading candidates from registering for a Royally decreed Election" by anybody, regardless of whether they are demonstrating against what they see to be a corrupt government or not, is making a mockery of democracy.

So draw your neck in and let the prosaic policeman answer the post himself, I'm sure he doesn't need your help.

Would it not just be simple to give Issan autonomy...let the Reds have from Korat North. And New Thailand from Korat South... Easy.... and send all the monkeys back home... wai2.gif alt=wai2.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1722055545>

And you with them - how do you get off calling people monkeys you <deleted> !

Actually, u sound like a prized <deleted>.

, don't you? However much you (and I, for that matter) may not like the content of the bill it passed it's 3rd reading after 19 hours of debate. The fact that dems walked out and boycotted the vote does not make it any less democratic.

Yet you seem to think that blockading candidates from registering for a Royally decreed Election is OK - I can only assume that, from your insistence on blaming the democratically elected government (now caretaker) rather than condemn those who are really making a mockery of democracy.

You realise that the amnesty bill was passed to the Senate democratically

And the constitutional court voted that it was indeed unconstitutional, at which point PTP said they do not recognise the courts decision. Would that be democratic in your eyes?

And it is undemocratic for people to demonstrate against what they see to be a corrupt government. As you say "making a mockery of democracy"

Do you understand the meaning of democracy?

I've explained why the amnesty bill was passed to the Senate democratically on a number of occasions in different threads. I am not about to do it again just for your sake.

If you read my post you would have seen that I stated that "blockading candidates from registering for a Royally decreed Election" by anybody, regardless of whether they are demonstrating against what they see to be a corrupt government or not, is making a mockery of democracy.

So draw your neck in and let the prosaic policeman answer the post himself, I'm sure he doesn't need your help.

So you really don't understand what democracy is! like PTP you choose to ignore what the constitutional court decided.

Did the demonstraters blockade or did the police decide they weren't going to get involved! a very weak argument that a blockade should some how be the mockery of democracy.

in fact you show how democratic you are:-

in case you hadn't realised this is an open forum! It is my democratic right to answer it if I choose, I certainly don't need your permission to make a comment!

Edited by ggold