Am I just a farang bank to her?

sdshaman

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody can be this stupid ........ can they?

At least he did not lose his life...or his life's fortune. The battle looks as lost, but the war still goes on.

This man must know by now that there are at least 1000 possible wins to one small loss.

He flipped his coin only once and lost. Odds are 50/50 he will get head next time.

So I just met with the family again. We all sat down and talked face to face. There were some misunderstandings and I was finally able to use one of them to tell them that is why I thought it was important for us to have time alone to talk and learn how to communicate better with each other. I don't know if everyone is tiered of this story yet? So if anyone here is interested in the outcome. .. let me know... Sent from my SCH-I535 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
Well I'm hanging on every word....better than any blueys I read back in the good old days in Bosnia.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

At least he did not lose his life...or his life's fortune. The battle looks as lost, but the war still goes on.

This man must know by now that there are at least 1000 possible wins to one small loss.

He flipped his coin only once and lost. Odds are 50/50 he will get head next time.

or tail...

Rule 1 (in Thailand)

You don't pay until after you have had sex.

Rule 2 (in Thailand)

If you pay first, they will find some excuse not to have sex.

• Like 1

Not so sure...could be worse next time now if he thinks he has the beating of the best Thailand has to offer.

• Like 1

Congratulations... You have managed to setup a real life Thai TV-drama show, with great actors (your "girlfriend" and her family).

Before even marrying, you see lots of red flags. You also see people that are money focused and who you can not discuss with in a normal way. Do you really want a wife, that is fully dependent on her parents and whom you can not sit down and talk with as adults? Just imagine the amount of challenges you will face in the future and that will become a "drama" to solve each time.

The question here is not really about money. It is about the fact that you are about to marry someone, who will be a pain to solve shared problems with in the future. Do you really want a wife like that?

• Like 1

Not so sure...could be worse next time now if he thinks he has the beating of the best Thailand has to offer.

maybe he thinks he was unlucky to meet a few bad apples?

he will soon find out that practically the whole damn orchard is rotten to the core.

• Like 1

Only wished all you guys were on the net when I married my filipina lady back in 79 at "Mom's Place" in Magsasay. Martial Law required me off the streets at 12. Staring down the barrel of an M-2 on an M151 Jeep, I grabbed the first lady I could...and before you could say Marco Polo, I was doing a fiancee visa. Divorced 96. Seems like history is going to repeat inself in Bangkok.

• Like 1

My gf gave me 2000 Baht the other day and sent me off to have a few beers for a couple of days.

The money is fast running out though....what should I do?

Mine use to do the same, only I have found later that she was making sure I'll be out

of sight when she was cavorting with the neighbor...

Oh well....you poor trusting fool....I hope you are getting ten grand nowadays to help you...forget.:lol:

This is sad on how this is panning out..

Thai4me,

What do you mean? The way posters are responding on this page, or the way the OP is NOT responding and you are worried what is going on now? As he is probably sucked back into the whole drama/scam? Can you elaborate since we have no other news right now to deal with at the moment?

Only wished all you guys were on the net when I married my filipina lady back in 79 at "Mom's Place" in Magsasay. Martial Law required me off the streets at 12. Staring down the barrel of an M-2 on an M151 Jeep, I grabbed the first lady I could...and before you could say Marco Polo, I was doing a fiancee visa. Divorced 96. Seems like history is going to repeat inself in Bangkok.
yeah, but did you get your moneys' worth after 23 years? If like me, I doubt it but only cry about things you wished you did and regret nothing about the past...it's history and under the bridge....got a few Red Hot Chilli Peppers anecdotes in there...555

This is sad on how this is panning out..

Thai4me,

What do you mean? The way posters are responding on this page, or the way the OP is NOT responding and you are worried what is going on now? As he is probably sucked back into the whole drama/scam? Can you elaborate since we have no other news right now to deal with at the moment?

Not insinuating anything.

OP came to Thailand expecting a positive life changing outcome. But at this stage, it appears that things will not be going his way. Sad.

So I've kinda lost track of this. If you walk away right now how much money and gold has it cost you? Just wondering.

Right now 1/2 bat gold, less the ring loss after I return it. maybe 10k in gifts and dinners and 80k baht in cash but they said they were going to give me some back. We will see... They have done a lot for me and bought me things too so whatever on any loss. Not that big of a deal to me. If they do not give me any back I will be reporting them to whoever I can as internet scammers. Unless a lot of people here on this forum think htat I shouldn't??? Any thoughts?

So you gave 100k baht to these people that you have never met before on your first trip. Even if you are the first mark they are doing pretty well from it.

And 30k salary a month to work in a salon is bull plop too. That's expat teacher money. For a salon worker in Isaan it's more like 6k baht plus meals.

Let us know what the outcome of getting your money back is. Forget any ramification against them if or when you don't.

Thinking back now that you mention first hit... Early on in our engagement talks and earlly on in our other talks we had there was a mention of another guy that was trying to "buy" her. The story goes that he offered close to the full sin sod but mother didn't approve him... I wonder how much they got from him?? or if that was just part of their used car sales pitch...

Okay, if this is a genuine Scam, you really have no way of prooving it to the Authorities, and being Honest, you are a Farang in Thailand. As a foreigner , I truely believe they will back the Locals/Family in this matter. (Unless you employ a PI - who can investigate deeper and obtain evidence etc) However, all being said, Do you really want to spend more time, more money and more of your life on something which clearly isn't real? Now that there is mention of another Farang who wanted to "buy" her. I'd ask for your money back, get a ticket and head Somewhere else in Thailand. Thai's are wonderful people and the Woman are simply amazing, but there are always a few bad apples in ANY country or culture. You just need to find a good one ;) Best of Luck

So I just met with the family again. We all sat down and talked face to face. There were some misunderstandings and I was finally able to use one of them to tell them that is why I thought it was important for us to have time alone to talk and learn how to communicate better with each other. I don't know if everyone is tiered of this story yet? So if anyone here is interested in the outcome. .. let me know... Sent from my SCH-I535 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm interested, I've been following this thread for days while on the rig in Saudi. It's been entertaining to say the least !!!

Most of all I want you to WIN .....

thumbsup.gif

Haha yea yea. Every morning I get up read this in my office then start the day offshore. Indeed like a Soap for bored as hell rig hands!

Many of us must be "bored as hell" as many of us are finding this interesting. Or ?? it reminds us of our worst, most naive experiences here, or in some other similar place?

For me, I will admit, as I think I already did above, that I got conned big time, without any "love chemicals" or sex, or anything to excuse it, just stupid, naive ideas I had, and good Thai con-artists used to people like me. And let me add, a good dose of very low self-esteem carried me here, and made me a people-pleasing idiot! I had already failed in that regard in my marriage, and I guess I thought some third world poor people could help me recover, when in fact, it helped me fall further into despair.

This is not the place for low self-esteem, or we will pay for it! I paid and then I recovered, some years ago, and now, I am not even angry about it, but that took some time too! Well I am a little angry, as in I wouldn't forgive/help the offenders ..if they were on fire I would not P&ss on them, as the saying goes, and take great pleasure in NOT doing that! :)) Great Pleasure!!!

But happiness is a good revenge, and I do have that now. Mostly due to factors regarding my health, awesome child, finances, and not outside Thai things. Oh, I do have a great pack of rescue dogs, too many to mention, some real sweeties who make life good too. All those dog noses to kiss, who needs Thai love? Or I have Thai love, Thai dogs??? They seem to be honest and loving and kind and loyal, and really, all the things some of us are looking for!

• Like 2

Many of us must be "bored as hell" as many of us are finding this interesting. Or ?? it reminds us of our worst, most naive experiences here, or in some other similar place?

For me, I will admit, as I think I already did above, that I got conned big time, without any "love chemicals" or sex, or anything to excuse it, just stupid, naive ideas I had, and good Thai con-artists used to people like me. And let me add, a good dose of very low self-esteem carried me here, and made me a people-pleasing idiot! I had already failed in that regard in my marriage, and I guess I thought some third world poor people could help me recover, when in fact, it helped me fall further into despair.

This is not the place for low self-esteem, or we will pay for it! I paid and then I recovered, some years ago, and now, I am not even angry about it, but that took some time too! Well I am a little angry, as in I wouldn't forgive/help the offenders ..if they were on fire I would not P&ss on them, as the saying goes, and take great pleasure in NOT doing that! smile.png) Great Pleasure!!!

But happiness is a good revenge, and I do have that now. Mostly due to factors regarding my health, awesome child, finances, and not outside Thai things. Oh, I do have a great pack of rescue dogs, too many to mention, some real sweeties who make life good too. All those dog noses to kiss, who needs Thai love? Or I have Thai love, Thai dogs??? They seem to be honest and loving and kind and loyal, and really, all the things some of us are looking for!

Gotta agree with you there Amy, for honest, loving and loyal companions, dogs win every time.

(Although the sex isn't quite so good)

Edited by FiftyTwo
  • Like 2

Thanks for your answer ..yes it is sad, probably most of us came here expecting a positive life change, and something ELSE happened, at least for a while. So we should all, mostly, be able to relate.

Personally, after 9 years here, I CAN say ...that I am having a GOOD YEAR here! What a shock!! I couldn't really say that ever before! So let me say again, 2013 was a good year for me and I am expecting the same in 2014! Lucky me!

I hope other people here will also have a great year!

My bad year was 2010....well over it....and understand totally.

The years now just get better and happier as they go on....rock it! :D

• Like 1