Where do you live now and do you like it? Where are you from?

quiuvo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had house build 10 years ago in March out in a little Village, love it...... other than 3 years in Berlin have always lived in a small Village or out in the sticks somewhere, guess that will never chage after 63 years... Town or City No Thanks not my cup of tea at all

• Like 2

Had house build 10 years ago in March out in a little Village, love it...... other than 3 years in Berlin have always lived in a small Village or out in the sticks somewhere, guess that will never chage after 63 years... Town or City No Thanks not my cup of tea at all

And you still drive the Citroen SM1 in the village? wink.png

Up north in Chiang Mai,

More friends than I ever had in the UK.

Out most days exercising with my pals or just hanging out in coffee bars.

Had to dump a whole raft of friends that I didn't have time for, too busy.

It's great here!

Edited by FiftyTwo

And you still drive the Citroen SM1 in the village? wink.png

I wish

Still some about here

post-42643-0-83879200-1388822813_thumb.j

post-42643-0-75599500-1388822841_thumb.j

Up north in Chiang Mai,

It's great here!

Thai friends? Or did you join a expat club?

I live in my apartment in Nonthaburi near at school every Monday to Friday. Then I sleep in my apartment in Minburi near to my Filipino friends every friday night or holidays. Every Saturday and Sunday I'm staying at my thai friend house in Samutprakan to help them to their import/export business and to teach their daughter in her homework.

• Like 2

I lived in Bangkok for the first thirty years and then a little over six years ago I moved to Chiang Rai and built a house. I liked Bangkok and I like Chiang Rai. Thailand has been very good to me and I am from Hawaii.

You and Scotty from above make me think. I like that. Go north young man. Udon and CR not comparable or are they?

Nonthaburi. With the dogs in suburbia. Bit like that pet shop boys song

It's ok. Though not much open space. Bit like the thai equivalent of spaghetti junction with all the roads, flyovers, big Cs and love motels. Not desperately interesting really

Live just outside Pattaya on the dark side in a nice detached 3 bed house ,mainly Thai people on the estate,all very nice and friendly ,have quite a lot of friends but spend most of my time with my wife as we like each others company ,we lived in the west before with our son who is now in uni and my daughter who is now married .

love the life here ,

I lived in Bangkok for the first thirty years and then a little over six years ago I moved to Chiang Rai and built a house. I liked Bangkok and I like Chiang Rai. Thailand has been very good to me and I am from Hawaii.

You left Hawaii! I like Thailand, but I love Hawaii. I just can't afford it. But you were already there.

Up north in Chiang Mai,

It's great here!

Interesting.

"Had to dump a whole raft of friends that I didn't have time for, too busy."

You left Hawaii! I like Thailand, but I love Hawaii. I just can't afford it. But you were already there.

I know, it does sound a bit daft but I was very young, right out of university and the world was beckoning. People in Hawaii get what we call rock-fever, because the islands are so small. Surfing and sailing was cool but I wanted more and my parents were there so I could go back anytime I felt the need. I still go back to see my parents who are in their 90s.

Edited by villagefarang
  • Like 1

I live in the center of Bangkok, a stone throw from Central World. 10 years and still love it.

I lived right behind the Siam Intercontinental for my last ten years in Bangkok, before moving to Chiang Rai. I still stay in that area when passing through Bangkok.

• Like 1

Same here, lived a 2 minute walk from the countryside in W. Yorkshire. Great dog waling country. Now living in the sticks in Ranong, and I love it. Clean air, tap water I would drink, and have done.

• Like 1

i find these days its not a matter of choice by like, but choice of least not liked.

yes i'm here in thailand and just swapped my multi for a one year extension because couldnt face any more borders eg bombs in sadao, and the absolute bad new that is aranyapratheth/poi pet. other borders are bad news too but to a varying lesser extent with taxi scams and enforced rip offs, terror in the deep south. had the multi because i couldnt face the bad news that is bkk immigration.

but yeah am here and not in other countries so that option must be even worse in my opinion. and yeah i've been to more than a few.

lived in towns central mostly and have become very leery and currently even a little illness afflicted from the absolute crap that they insist on pumping through the drainage system virtually every night in every thai town i have ever been to.

will now try for a more out of town location and hope for less pollution. but that means facing the thai road system on a frequent basis, something i have consciously avoided..so you see it is less bad options over more bad options for me, nothing that i am completely happy with.

Edited by Big Pinkie

Live in SIRACHA and really don't like it here , it is near the big car makers and the traffic is bad . this year will be moving to my new house .From Australia

One man's meat is another man's poison. I've lived in Siracha for a long time and love the place.

Everything is on the door step - work, the coast, great restaurants, close to Pattaya and Bangkok if I need what those places have to happen AND within 10 minutes from my front door I'm out riding my bike on quiet roads through open country - a choice between flat, rolling or hilly terrain.

Wonderful.

• Like 1

I Live in a small Issan village where I am the only farang and it is good.

I still feel the need to go to a large city or resort town from time to time for some excitement, entertainment, and stimulating conversation in English.

In Thailand both worlds are available.

That's a good thing.

Oops! Almost forgot.....I'm from Northern California. U.S.A.

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 2