Where do you live now and do you like it? Where are you from?

quiuvo

What possible reason would someone want to ask such questions.And, why do people answer?????? TV can have interesting topics, and replies. But this!!! Pointless.

Not pointless . We are a community and I enjoy knowing some of the stories.

I guess some people get really grumpy or argumentative after having a beer or 3. Just think how many decent people have been turned off by the nay sayers. They still make me giggle a lot though....all part of the rich tapestry of life I guess :D

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by watso63

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sukhimvit 77 and Ban Pae. Love it. Everything I need. Rent 5k in well maintained, luxurious building. Tesco walking distance. Street food galore and markets. Happy, happy :) Oh, crud... I left that for Philippines vacation and ended up 1 year here. Back to LOS Jan 12, 2014. Sweeeeet!

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What possible reason would someone want to ask such questions.And, why do people answer?????? TV can have interesting topics, and replies. But this!!! Pointless.

Absolutely agree - I also enjoy the stories.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When u were back in your own country, would u put such a question in a local newspaper?

I guess some people get really grumpy or argumentative after having a beer or 3. Just think how many decent people have been turned off by the nay sayers. They still make me giggle a lot though....all part of the rich tapestry of life I guess biggrin.png

Grog is a instriment of the devil and shall never pass my lips.

• Like 1

I live in Chiang Mai at the moment, near the uni, but would gladly also be in Chiang Rai, or Lampang near the uni, or in the hills of CR.

I think there are some Chinese tea growers up there.

It does not matter here or there, but I must have the university, so it is here.

I come from the west coast, not Miami, but in the gulf.

Before that, I came from the cheese steak capital of the USA.

And before that, near Boston.

But I/m no redneck.

I don't mind the Asian way of life.

I will stay here in Asia until I die.

And, hopefully, I won't go out with my boots on.

I want to die in bed thumping.

Knock on wood.

• Like 1

I live in Chiang Mai at the moment, near the uni, but would gladly also be in Chiang Rai, or Lampang near the uni, or in the hills of CR.

I think there are some Chinese tea growers up there.

It does not matter here or there, but I must have the university, so it is here.

I come from the west coast, not Miami, but in the gulf.

Before that, I came from the cheese steak capital of the USA.

And before that, near Boston.

But I/m no redneck.

I don't mind the Asian way of life.

I will stay here in Asia until I die.

And, hopefully, I won't go out with my boots on.

I want to die in bed thumping.:D

Knock on wood.

Steak and cheese capital? Is that like cheese and peas? Cheesy peas...delicious :lol: Bye heck Asian way of life...which one? Pakistani, Indian, Sri Lankan, Bangladeshi, Nepalese, Burmese (or whatever now), Chinese, Laos, Vietmanese, etc (my heads hurting now but after all they're all the same to you s*p*i*s) you must need the university to get punters to pay money for petrol to put in your tuk tuk...only joking...I thought Boston was the capital of tea tax dodgers...not red necks. Have a good, prosperous and long life and hope you get your wish and go out like shagging Goldie Hawn before she joined the US of A army lol.

Edited by watso63

I live on Ramkhamhaeng Road in Bangkok in a house with (Thai) wife and kids. We moved here in 2006 and previously lived in Switzerland.

Absolutely no plans to move back, way too cold there!

In 2007 I joind the Rotary Club of Bangkok where I made a lot of acquaintances and friends, both Thai and expats. In this club we do a lot of travelling up-country meeting locals and I work with private companies, universities and government agencies for some community projects. Never boring.

And then there is my wife's family...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

22 year-old Kiwi English Teacher, traveled through South East Asia in Jan of 2013 on a guided tour and fell in love with the culture.

Currently living in Samut Songkhram. Only one School year so far- with no desire to go home.

Not interested in finding a lady (yet) or partying- love my job and learning all I can about Thai culture & Buddhism in my small beautiful province.