Where do you live now and do you like it? Where are you from?

quiuvo

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in a nice duplex apartment here in the hustle & bustle of Asoke

I love it here

Hail from London

How much? Soi ? Thanks.

More than 10, less than 100

Yes it's on a soi

Ok, I don't thank you then.

cant understand why you are so interested. its probably the worst are for rabid arse sniffers. i dont go there unless there is something that i need that is not available absolutely anywhere else. thonglor ditto but worse.

Edited by Big Pinkie

I live in Lumpini on Rama 4 Road here in Bangkok, about a block from the Lumpini Muay-Thai Stadium, Lumpini Park and MRT Station. I love it here and have been here 2 1/2 Years, I am retired and moved here from the USA biggrin.png and really do not miss back home.

post-146890-0-32796200-1388908020_thumb.

• Like 1

I lived in Bangkok 3 years for work. I live now in Singapore. I could not go back to Bangkok or probably Thailsnd for that matter. Nice for short vacation but it's dirty, polluted, broken sidewalks ( if any), traffic, and the people are too provincial, even the educated ones. Everyone has their preferences I guess. I could not imagine how boring life could be in a village!

I lived in Bangkok 3 years for work. I live now in Singapore. I could not go back to Bangkok or probably Thailsnd for that matter. Nice for short vacation but it's dirty, polluted, broken sidewalks ( if any), traffic, and the people are too provincial, even the educated ones. Everyone has their preferences I guess. I could not imagine how boring life could be in a village!

I agree that village life is boring, I love Singapore, although not everyone's cup of tea. I spent many of my college holidays there so have a strong attachment to the place. Bangkok is just different, it's like comparing apples to oranges. If I was going to move anywhere for work, Singapore would be my next choice providing the finance package was suitable.

Again thanks you all for the super info. I should have said I live in bkk but am willing to move depending on the posts. N

For instance , I want to visit CM to see if I make a move there based on some comments here. Thank you

From Northern Ireland but lived in numerous countries and been in Thailand for 12 years. I have a home and family in Nontaburi and love it.

So you like big city life in the suburbs. It is probably less expensive than bkk proper. Happy for you.. 12 years is very good.

From the UK.

Been based in Thailand for most of the last 15 years, though always working overseas.

Moved to Khon Kaen a couple of years back and love the place, happy to settle here long term.

And unlike a lot of TV members I still love Thailand, guess that's a lucky way to be.

Like I give a toss. The information you asked for was none of you bloody business.

cant understand why you are so interested. its probably the worst are for rabid arse sniffers. i dont go there unless there is something that i need that is not available absolutely anywhere else. thonglor ditto but worse.

Oh well clearly I don't have your impeccable judgment when it comes to making decisions on where to live. Tell me, how did you get it so right?

Oh . . . wait

Border bombs, pollution, drainage, taxi scams, the road system . . . what next? The Thai people?

Yep, you're definitely easy to please . . . pretty good with locations too

• Like 1

I live near Chom Bueng on a farm, we are self sufficient, I was wounded in a conflict in a country not far from here, and spent 10 weeks in hospital in Sri Racha and was repatriated to Australia for my recovery, Could not settle so went back to sea and went walkabout for 12 years, ( I am one of what the army trick cyclists call the "lost boys " those who never really went home. ) Came back to Thailand in ' 79 and have lived here ever since, I worked on the oil/gas rigs out of Karratha Western Australia , month on/month off until I retired. Now do'nt know how to live anywhere else and have no interest in doing so,

• Like 2

Up north in Chiang Mai,

More friends than I ever had in the UK.

Out most days exercising with my pals or just hanging out in coffee bars.

Had to dump a whole raft of friends that I didn't have time for, too busy.

It's great here!

Thai friends? Or did you join a expat club?

No foreigner has Thai friends.

I don't think any Thais have Thai friends either.

Huh? two of my best friends are Thai. Both were born in Thailand although one spent 10 years in Germany. Are you living in a bar?

• Like 1

Again thanks you all for the super info. I should have said I live in bkk but am willing to move depending on the posts. N

For instance , I want to visit CM to see if I make a move there based on some comments here. Thank you

Even though I don't live there , I think Chiang Rai is better. Been there a few times and loved it.

Edited by kevvy
  • Like 1

From USA. Have lived in Minburi, Bangkok, near Fashion Island with wife since 1995. Also have a condo in Pattaya where we spend a few days a month. When I first came here in 1967 I lived in Korat for several years.

• Like 2

From Germany.

Live in Thailand more than 5 years. First on Samui, now between Suratthani and Nakhon Si Thammarat, next to a nice beach.

If I get fed up here I'd like to move to CR or to Ranong.

I like it here in Thailand very much, no intention of going back home.

• Like 1