Pay the water bills more expensive because rent ?

Hi,

I live in Chiang Mai and moved in a nice little house in DoiSaket with my girlfriend.

The elecrticity and water is really not expensive.

Today we receive the bills . I paid the electricity bills at 7/11 same i always do.

The water bills come later. We used 12 M3 and paid 77 Baht.

But there it is. My girlfriend paid the bill to an old lady around who take care the Ban.

First she said, 5 Baht per meter. But then ask "Are you renting a house ?".

My girlfriend said "Yes, I live with my boyfriend".

OL " Oh Then it's 6 Baht per meter when you rent house".

Plus she put a 5 baht service charge.

I never heard something like this before. The Old lady is not the owner, she just take care of the Ban.

The 5 baht service charge i don't really care about it. They almost all do it. But the fact she ask more money because the house is rent.

I don't really care to have paid 12 Baht more. But i do hate the fact when people try to f. me even for 1 Baht.

For me stealing 1 baht or 1000 baht is the same, this is stealing, i work hard for that money and i hate when someone try to get away from it.

I just want to know if there is any official laws, website or papers that can tell me how much for water in Chiang Mai or that give indications how much for certain area or Moo Ban ???

Maybe I trouble myself for nothing and many peoples will tell me to just don't care as long she don't ask more. But it make me really angry to pay more because she got a big mouth. Even 12 Baht.

Edited by Crossy
expletive deleted

If the bill is not from the water company she can pretty well charge what she likes as she's re-selling the water.

Or is the ban on a bore, in which case she can pretty well charge what she likes.

it seem to be a very common practice in Thailand to overcharge/extra charge for electricity and water for renters.

my sister-in-law (thai) has regularly the same issue, she rents her place; sometimes moves on for this very reason, the landlords thus prefer those who use lots of electricity and water...

it is very useful to clarify these charges beforehand, to avoid later surprises.

You're on here complaining that you paid 12 baht too much. This is certainly a new low for this forum. Don't people have anything better to do with their lives than complain about overpaying by 12 baht a month. Just in case you don't know, there is way more to life than worrying about 12 baht. Please get out and live at least a little.

You're on here complaining that you paid 12 baht too much. This is certainly a new low for this forum. Don't people have anything better to do with their lives than complain about overpaying by 12 baht a month. Just in case you don't know, there is way more to life than worrying about 12 baht. Please get out and live at least a little.

No. read again please.

You didnt even lose 12B yet you still find time to complain and preach about it.