Yingluck to take back seat in Pheu Thai poll campaign

Lite Beer

she now wanted to dedicate her time to serving as the caretaker premier and defence minister.

There goes my morning coffee, all over my keyboard.

What? Is she tired of gallivanting around the World on shopping trips? Now that she heads a 'caretaker' government, there are even less duties for her to neglect.

She is managing to maintain good grace and dignity under very trying circumstances. The rest of the world seems to recognise that, even if a few grumpy old men on a forum do not

She had better done that in the two and a half year prior to the protests, but I think she attended a parliament session for a total of three times during all that time, isn't it ?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

she now wanted to dedicate her time to serving as the caretaker premier and defence minister.

What? Is she tired of gallivanting around the World on shopping trips? Now that she heads a 'caretaker' government, there are even less duties for her to neglect.

She is managing to maintain good grace and dignity under very trying circumstances. The rest of the world seems to recognise that, even if a few grumpy old men on a forum do not

Those very trying circumstances would be down to what?

Her inability to do anything other than shop, and sound like a fool when cornered, would be my first choice.

• Like 2

2014 update to 2011 slogan: Thaksin Thinks, Pheu Thai Acts, Yingluck Takes A Back Seat

So who is in the front seat?

We all know Thaksin is the back seat driver, that most annoying of car companions, but who's actually behind the wheel?

No one?

Bingo. No one has a clue nor is capable of uttering an independent thought.

Remote control driving all the way.

"The rest of the world seems to recognise that,..... "

Care to share some details.

And please don't mention that 52??? countries support an election on 2 Feb, because I know and you know that's way less than truthful!

Driving down the road for miles and all you see are ONLY Yingluk's face. Sign of the times!

They have the money to pay for that and more, I just read in Forbes website that Thaksin net worth went from 600 million (US) in 2011 to 1.7 billion now.

It's certainly profitable to own the government of a country and no expenses would be spared in PR to stay in that position.

• Like 1

So what are their (pt) giveaways & freebies which look attractive but have no longer-term benefits whatever to reduce the gap, national bankruptcy generators, policies this time around?

Well, it will be interesting know. Equally noteworthy is the fact that The Democrats matched every one of those "populist" policies last time and still could not come withing a bull's roar of winning. People don't trust them and don't want to return to the feudal system of patronage and arrogance exemplyfied by Abhisit and the bangkok mafia

If you have a problem with "Party List" MP's you really ought to direct your attention to abhisit. For it was he who amended Sections 93-98 of the current 2007 constitution in February 2011 as part of the conditions set by abhisit before calling a new election.

Part of this amendment concerned the raising of the number of "Party List" MP's from 80 to 125, Yes, that's right, 45 extra "Party List" MP's courtesy of abhisit - and all because in the previous general elections in 2007, the Democrat Party had lost the constituency vote but won the proportional party list vote.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/90851/7285017.html, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

Didn't do them (or him) much good though.

Other countries have a party list system and it seems to work, possibly because the electorate is educated, informed and moral enough to recognise abuse of the system and react to it. It certainly lends itself to abuse, and Thaksin has taken it to the extreme, endorsing totally inexperienced family members and cronies, using it to buy smaller parties, and to reward criminal behaviour.

The simplest way to fix the situation is to remove it, and I couldn't give a toss who supports it. Let every person who aspires to parliament face an electorate, and face their questions (which would leave Yingluk up shit creek!)

So what are their (pt) giveaways & freebies which look attractive but have no longer-term benefits whatever to reduce the gap, national bankruptcy generators, policies this time around?

Well, it will be interesting know. Equally noteworthy is the fact that The Democrats matched every one of those "populist" policies last time and still could not come withing a bull's roar of winning. People don't trust them and don't want to return to the feudal system of patronage and arrogance exemplyfied by Abhisit and the bangkok mafia

"Equally noteworthy is the fact that The Democrats matched every one of those "populist" policies last time"

Matched them with alternatives that would have been doable and better for the whole country in general, and were also favoured by the majority of people, when the people were not told who's promises they were.

I think that is what you meant to say.

• Like 1

"Equally noteworthy is the fact that The Democrats matched every one of those "populist" policies last time"

Matched them with alternatives that would have been doable and better for the whole country in general, and were also favoured by the majority of people, when the people were not told who's promises they were.

I think that is what you meant to say.

The Dems also didn't match the "rich within 6 months " claim

• Like 1

If you have a problem with "Party List" MP's you really ought to direct your attention to abhisit. For it was he who amended Sections 93-98 of the current 2007 constitution in February 2011 as part of the conditions set by abhisit before calling a new election.

Part of this amendment concerned the raising of the number of "Party List" MP's from 80 to 125, Yes, that's right, 45 extra "Party List" MP's courtesy of abhisit - and all because in the previous general elections in 2007, the Democrat Party had lost the constituency vote but won the proportional party list vote.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/90851/7285017.html, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

Didn't do them (or him) much good though.

Other countries have a party list system and it seems to work, possibly because the electorate is educated, informed and moral enough to recognise abuse of the system and react to it. It certainly lends itself to abuse, and Thaksin has taken it to the extreme, endorsing totally inexperienced family members and cronies, using it to buy smaller parties, and to reward criminal behaviour.

The simplest way to fix the situation is to remove it, and I couldn't give a toss who supports it. Let every person who aspires to parliament face an electorate, and face their questions (which would leave Yingluk up shit creek!)

Interestingly, one of the links gives also this titbit:

"Party-list candidates usually are technocrats who are not keen on electoral campaigns, but whose expertise is needed by the party in administering the government.

These candidates are not attracted to small parties, which are more popular among rural, under-educated Thai voters."

Of course the 'usual' explains why Pheu Thai party list candidate #1 was heavily on the campaign trail last time, but now steps down a bit rolleyes.gif

Nobody remember Mark Thatcher (UK) or Ted Kennedy (USA) then?

What I think people are mocking is that all the 2+ years, she always have no answer to any question posed to her. She admitted that parliament passed the bill and not her. Isn't it her job to be examining that? And does she even know how much the rice scheme is failing Thailand? You are giving her too much credit. I will even bet, she can not hold a public debate, with the public. Because she has no idea what is really going on. Just smile and look like you care. If she really have business experience, I think that business would have belly up by now the way she is running the country. You must admit, she is "clueless". Sorry to summarize it in one word.

Back, front, above, under... Whichever seat she takes does not matter... She will be reelected anyway. Piece of cake, she is the PM that most people want. Election will confirm. Guaranteed :D

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nobody remember Mark Thatcher (UK) or Ted Kennedy (USA) then?

<deleted>? Ted Kennedy was elected 8 times, Mark thatcher was never elected, and neither country has a party list system AFAIK. So what is your point? That they were related to someone?